The AK Files Forums

The AK Files Forums (http://www.akfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   AK-47s (http://www.akfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Been gone awhile , what happened to DDI? (http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301062)

gundawg 03-10-2017 08:12 PM

Been gone awhile , what happened to DDI?

From few threads I have read seems the bad things happened when they went all American made. Does that sound correct or do I need to worry about my DDI that was made out Hungarian parts I believe.

Thanks for any info

longhorn_92 03-10-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gundawg (Post 3899266)
From few threads I have read seems the bad things happened when they went all American made. Does that sound correct or do I need to worry about my DDI that was made out Hungarian pets I believe.

Thanks for any info

What kind of Hungarian pet was your ak made from?

Aceshigh 03-10-2017 08:17 PM

Hungarian parts kit builds are probably fine.
The core components were made in a real combloc war factory, so I wouldn't worry.

However, DDI "released" all 16 employees including the 13 veterans he touted the day after Christmas, with what looked like a firesale.
So I wouldn't have much faith in the warranty for much longer if Palmetto State parent British equity firm decides to dump them.

billydonk 03-10-2017 08:20 PM

Why would you ever buy a gun made of Hungarian Pets? You sick Fook!

Aceshigh 03-10-2017 08:23 PM

I bet he posted from a smart phone with auto type ......I hate when mine does that.

I have to edit posts constantly because of grammatical errors my phone tosses in.

rbox1064 03-10-2017 08:38 PM

One thing I noticed several years ago was the DDI owner's ego. It was friggin huge and he blew so much smoke up people's ass that I just really was turned off by that. Recall the declaration of WAR against PSA, CAI and IO?

But then when things got to "Why should we trust DDI?" Troy Sellars was the answer. Troy is gone and surprisingly that seems a mute point now.

That was followed by the Shotgun debacle. Claims that the shotty would be what a Saiga and VEPR wanted to be.

The thing about an all nitrided then painted rifle turned into "Exactly what is nitrided and what ain't?"

Then the little claims. Like the video where he states "We are seeing 1 MOA from these rifles". Well when asked about that claim he says it wasn't an accuracy guarantee. Really? Good. Because others were not seeing that level of accuracy.

Finally from my POV, most all posts about DDI include a story of how grand the CS is and how fast the turn around was on warranty claims. A LOT!

Overall, if the rifles are that good, you'd not be asking "What happened?"

That's what I saw...

gundawg 03-10-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aceshigh (Post 3899297)
I bet he posted from a smart phone with auto type ......I hate when mine does that.

I have to edit posts constantly because of grammatical errors my phone tosses in.

Yep and while giving toddler a bath so the pets made it though, hahaha

gundawg 03-10-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbox1064 (Post 3899338)
One thing I noticed several years ago was the DDI owner's ego. It was friggin huge and he blew so much smoke up people's ass that I just really was turned off by that. Recall the declaration of WAR against PSA, CAI and IO?

But then when things got to "Why should we trust DDI?" Troy Sellars was the answer. Troy is gone and surprisingly that seems a mute point now.

That was followed by the Shotgun debacle. Claims that the shotty would be what a Saiga and VEPR wanted to be.

The thing about an all nitrided then painted rifle turned into "Exactly what is nitrided and what ain't?"

Then the little claims. Like the video where he states "We are seeing 1 MOA from these rifles". Well when asked about that claim he says it wasn't an accuracy guarantee. Really? Good. Because others were not seeing that level of accuracy.

Finally from my POV, most all posts about DDI include a story of how grand the CS is and how fast the turn around was on warranty claims. A LOT!

That's what I saw...

Thanks for catching me up, I kind of left about the time the shotgun imported from China I belive were being talked up. I guess I am lucky so far I have a few thousand through mine, and it's fairly accurate, and fit and finish still holding up.

brawny 03-10-2017 09:08 PM

Pet kits, mute points, what the hell is going on here?

Just a Citizen 03-10-2017 09:18 PM

failed as a independent company, and are now owned by Palmetto state armories parent company.

longhorn_92 03-10-2017 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just a Citizen (Post 3899452)
failed as a independent company, and are now owned by Palmetto state armories parent company.

And now I'm seeing closeout sales for DDI at $250 off for their US made rifles ($649)...

boutcha 03-10-2017 09:58 PM

Pretty sure Banks or Investors were involved.
Just a guess...

billydonk 03-10-2017 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brawny (Post 3899421)
Pet kits, mute points, what the hell is going on here?

Education has taken a shit in America Brawny. Although I find the older I get the less grammar I remember...

rbox1064 03-10-2017 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billydonk (Post 3899732)
Education has taken a shit in America Brawny. Although I find the older I get the less grammar I remember...

Well thanks. It was an educational thread. Never heard of moot point before...

Ned Flanders 03-11-2017 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billydonk (Post 3899291)
Why would you ever buy a gun made of Hungarian Pets? You sick Fook!

Someone made a working drone out of a pet cat. You really should be more sensitive to others opinions however bizarre they might be. This post is not serious.*

*first sentence is serious.

genxgixxer 03-11-2017 12:21 AM

Quote:

That's what I saw...

*moot point

rbox1064 03-11-2017 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genxgixxer (Post 3899805)
*moot point

:D:small_gri

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/...1/57102541.jpg

TX_1821 03-11-2017 01:47 AM

DDI Shit-Shotgun 12

Quote:

That's what I saw...

This Exactly! Lol

Guy came on here to pump up his stock, which is very understandable ya know.....
But the way he'd say it was waaayyy out of line/exagerated, I thought.

Making claims of DDI 12, being leagues above Vepr 12 (Or Saiga 12 not entirely sure)
What a joke.

Then ol' boy just pulled a disappearing act when the shotgun came to pieces, living up to Destructive Devices Industries name at least:D

Last but not least the freakin prick was Never a vendor/sponsor or anything Ever!!!
Even made claims of sending like 5K or 10K rounds to Rob Ski for testing, never did.
Also I believe never sending a fellow member here the "American AK" for hardness testing. That was stated he would do.
Guy has balls and a loose mouth is all I see.

Pretty much this OP.

http://i.imgur.com/LrLZhM7.gif

burninglegs 03-11-2017 01:51 AM

^ Mel is still waiting for his DDI AK to test and I believe biggun1 was suppose to get one to test too.

mengra1 03-11-2017 02:13 AM

In a nutshell:

DDI: We are going into production on FORGED AKS!
Us: cool lets see it...

DDI: We are making combo FSBs and side folder and underfolders, teasers on facebook!
Us: cool let's see it...

DDI: FORGED AKS NOW SHIPPING TO DISTRIBUTORS!

Us: We have our AKs, now to test...
DDI: cool let's see it, one sent to RobSki!

RobSki: broken extractor guys, ~800 rounds!
Us: not cool...
DDI: we will investigate!

Us: Your extractors are fucked up and sticking out on our guns too DDI...
DDI: Standby while we assess the situation...

RobSki: Ok guys, second extractor broke! Cannot recommend...
Us: Shit...
DDI: Ok guys we have a bad batch of extractors that was left on a table and must have been thrown by mistake into some rifles...

Us: hmmm...ok...

time passes...

DDI: ok guys rumor is true, we have a big merge in the works...
Us: is it PSA?
DDI: can't say....public announcement forthcoming

week later after no public announcement-

DDI: we have partnered with PSA (and fired or let go, (but (maybe?)) relocated our 20+ employees) right before Christmas! it will benefit us both!
Us: cool, lets see it...

Us: ok guys, my side folder stock literally fell off while shoulder firing at the welds...
DDI: ... ...

PSA: We can acknowledge our partner (buy out) of DDI, and look forward to bringing a quality affordable and reliable US produced AK47 to the market, big things to come at shot show!

Segway to after release...

Us: my kit is not forged like you lied and said it is and none of my furniture fits, and it is fucked!
PSA: oh, my bad, silly you, we have TIERS of AKs, you owe us $150 more dollars for what we initially promised you for $300. send us your barreled kits, and we will upgrade you (to what we promised you but lied about initially) for free in good faith.

and the beat goes on....

rbox1064 03-11-2017 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mengra1 (Post 3899962)
In a nutshell:

DDI: We are making combo FSBs and side folder and underfolders, teasers on facebook!

DDI: Ok guys we have a bad batch of extractors that was left on a table and must have been thrown by mistake into some rifles...

time passes...

DDI: we have partnered with PSA (and fired or let go, (but (maybe?)) relocated our 20+ employees) right before Christmas! it will benefit us both!

Us: ok guys, my side folder stock literally fell off while shoulder firing at the welds...

PSA: We can acknowledge our partner (buy out) of DDI, and look forward to bringing a quality affordable and reliable US produced AK47 to the market, big things to come at shot show!

Us: my kit is not forged like you lied and said it is and none of my furniture fits, and it is fucked!
PSA: oh, my bad, silly you, we have TIERS of AKs, you owe us $150 more dollars for what we initially promised you for $300. send us your barreled kits, and we will upgrade you (to what we promised you but lied about initially) for free in good faith.

and the beat goes on....

The best attribute of DDI was their intentions. But you know that old saying about the highway to hell...

mengra1 03-11-2017 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbox1064 (Post 3899972)
The best attribute of DDI was their intentions. But you know that old saying about the highway to hell...

yeah I always root for good product at a reasonable price but they didn't fall from grace, they plummeted like dropping a brick off a high rise...

it's a shame. I don't have skin in the game with ddi, but feel for those that do...

I cant imagine having an ak, and looking at it from time to time having to worry if I should shoot it or not (because it may be unsafe or fail miserably)

maybe that's an extreme, but it wasn't growing pains for ddi. their kit builds were the tits...

frankstang 03-11-2017 06:39 AM

I'm not going to say I saw it coming, I didn't. What I did see was a guy who hit all the key notes to garner a cult following here at the Files. There is a segment of the membership that is very susceptible to hero worship. I'm sure a new wonder boy will be along shortly.
The DDI 12 debacle really stank and the constant praises of excellent customer service seemed to overshadow the fact that a lot of people had to use it to fix less than stellar DDI rifles.
I've been out of the loop for a while and missed the latest chapter in the DDI saga, but from what I'm reading, their new side folder 100% US built AK's aren't living up to expectations after claims of exhaustive testing and retesting before release.
Am I correct in that ?

Mattylight30 03-11-2017 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mengra1 (Post 3899962)
In a nutshell:

time passes...

and the beat goes on....

Good write up.

mengra1 03-11-2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattylight30 (Post 3900120)
Good write up.

thanks. just such a long winded explanation or argument otherwise. It's a shame about DDI, but on to the next, and money better spent elsewhere...

64890 03-11-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TX_1821 (Post 3899933)
This Exactly! Lol

Guy came on here to pump up his stock, which is very understandable ya know.....
But the way he'd say it was waaayyy out of line/exagerated, I thought.

Making claims of DDI 12, being leagues above Vepr 12 (Or Saiga 12 not entirely sure)
What a joke.

Then ol' boy just pulled a disappearing act when the shotgun came to pieces, living up to Destructive Devices Industries name at least:D

Last but not least the freakin prick was Never a vendor/sponsor or anything Ever!!!
Even made claims of sending like 5K or 10K rounds to Rob Ski for testing, never did.
Also I believe never sending a fellow member here the "American AK" for hardness testing. That was stated he would do.
Guy has balls and a loose mouth is all I see.

Pretty much this OP.

It was 50k rounds!

All the crap I caught for some of my posts from the DDI kool-aid drinkers, funny then, even funnier now. Even Dumping Brass thread was purged....lol

Tragedy is so many employees got shit on last Christmas.

David45 03-11-2017 09:30 AM

DDI = one failure after another.
Over-promised and over-hyped.
Fillers bragged it was in his nature to LIE! (see another thread)

IMHO, this place has his number and should do what it can to shut his legacy down!

Newtopewpew 03-11-2017 09:38 AM

"Few threads"???

DDI 03-11-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David45 (Post 3900215)
DDI = one failure after another.
Over-promised and over-hyped.
Sellers bragged it was in his nature to LIE! (see another thread)

IMHO, this place has his number and should do what it can to shut his legacy down!

The lieing comment was a joke, read the full thread. And my last name is Fillers, not Sellers. If your going to comment get your facts correct first. The truth will come out soon enough, but for now I can't say anything further.

morning would 03-11-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDI (Post 3900232)
The lieing comment was a joke, read the full thread. And my last name is Fillers, not Sellers. If your going to comment get your facts correct first. The truth will come out soon enough, but for now I can't say anything further.

Lol. Yet another bullshit story that will get added to the above post outlining your stay at the files so far..."I could tell you, but I need to over hype it first and make you wait." This is the story of your existence here. Some of us saw thru it right away.

billydonk 03-11-2017 10:19 AM

I just want to know what the truth is regarding? I'm super stoked and can barely wait.

nuckldust 03-11-2017 10:59 AM

What happened? They proved what I already knew.

Jcoop 03-11-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDI (Post 3900232)

Oh my achin balls with the I can't say anything further . Same B.S. that you spewed when everyone else was talking about the PSA sale. What you sign a non-disclosure agreement? Got a lawyer's pen up your ass?

Total joke:rolleyes:

MilitaryArms 03-11-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morning would (Post 3900267)
Lol. Yet another bullshit story that will get added to the above post outlining your stay at the files so far..."I could tell you, but I need to over hype it first and make you wait." This is the story of your existence here. Some of us saw thru it right away.

I've known David Fillers for about 12 years now. In business, and especially with regards to disputes, people can't talk about things because of contracts or pending litigation. I suspect one or both is the case here and only time will tell.

However, I suspect when David can tell the full story it will make for a very interesting read.

I know it's all good fun on the internet to insult and tear others down, but in this case I think you should probably wait until all is revealed. I know I'll be sharing the story when it comes out as I'm sure it's a doozy.

LegioRomanus 03-11-2017 11:30 AM

OP, the DDI dude broke the cardinal rule of customer service which is "under promise and over deliver."

He did just the opposite......he "over promised and under delivered."

And anybody knows that AK owners and pretty much ALL gun owners are critical dudes and won't let any small defect pass without flaming the hell out of it on the gun boards.