The AK Files Forums

The AK Files Forums (http://www.akfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   AK-47s (http://www.akfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I guess I'm being snubbed on this forum (http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34208)

slapshut 09-19-2013 09:24 PM

Well, he's in college now---SNUB 101.

Man who stands in front of car gets tired. Man who stands behind car gets exhausted.

d756 09-25-2013 10:00 PM

Racist.

PauloB 09-25-2013 10:25 PM

Oh where o where did ol' Petey be now...

Wondertwin 09-26-2013 02:31 PM

Snub-a-dub-dub.
3 men in a tub...

Bad Hammer 09-26-2013 06:20 PM

I've ignored this thread for a very long time, and although I don't intend to snub him at this time, I am thinking that come Christmas Eve, well then.....you know.;).....:D

Ipleadthe2nd 09-30-2013 08:42 PM

By failing to prepare for snubs, you are preparing to be snubbed.

-Benjamin Franklin

pyzik 10-08-2013 02:36 PM

Snubbery!

skaarsvaag 10-08-2013 02:38 PM

I could go for a snubmarine sandwich right now.

tanakasan 10-08-2013 05:37 PM

Expect the best but prepare for the snub.

Robert

Rahatlakhoom 10-08-2013 07:25 PM

I am Snubligated to re-open Government operations.

FoundFather 10-09-2013 09:13 PM

I've resisted as long as I can. I can't stand AK Pete and am going to start snubbing him intensively right away. Take that AK Pete!

Rahatlakhoom 10-09-2013 09:15 PM

No justice for Pete.
No snubation without snubresentation.

Ponyboy 10-09-2013 10:17 PM

I hereby snubscribe to the great snubversion which snubsequently which makes me feel absolutely snublime.

d756 10-09-2013 11:05 PM

Snublish, Mother Fucker! Do you speak it!?

Lone Eagle 10-09-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeb88 (Post 1632411)
Saturday night Budweiser snub

I snub your Bud with my Arrogant Bastard.

LRRP5,45 10-10-2013 11:25 AM

Damn 101 pages of snubs this guy must have been a real douche.

SNUB!

Zdeno 10-10-2013 01:55 PM

I only have 88 pages of snubs.

Still a lot of snubs!

CW Spook 10-10-2013 10:39 PM

When I can't pack my Krinkov, I carry a S&W SNUB!

tanakasan 10-11-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapshut (Post 1640940)
Well, he's in college now---SNUB 101.

Man who stands in front of car gets tired. Man who stands behind car gets exhausted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zdeno (Post 1672510)
I only have 88 pages of snubs.

Still a lot of snubs!

101 pages!

Keep calm. Snub on!

Robert

Hammerhead6814 10-11-2013 03:25 AM

First time on the boards in a long time. Thought I'd come back to snub akpete one more time :small_gri

NorthwestAK 10-11-2013 02:29 PM

I hear Osnubacare will cover him.

Zdeno 11-10-2013 03:49 AM

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9b1439fc.png

AKC-74Y 11-10-2013 09:00 AM

Knock knock:

"Who's there?"

mikes45 11-27-2013 10:24 PM

I know this is early, Happy Thanksgiving snub

mikes45 11-27-2013 10:32 PM

Akpete for President 2016 of snub club.

Rahatlakhoom 11-27-2013 10:37 PM

Snubkey and dressing tomorrow.

Rahatlakhoom 11-27-2013 10:44 PM

The art of snubbing

article circa 1872

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/51787194

THE ABI OF SNUBBING.

(Ffom the O rapide.)

BrairTiiir taken, there are only two methods of life-tho lifo of impulse or instinct, and tho lifo of consciousness or art ; and the chief characteristic of man is that he is tho only creature on this earth of ours whoso purposes go beyond his instincts, who reduces blind impulso to a conscious, art. And among tho things which aro mero impulses in the beginning, but which he has raised to the rank of arts by care and study, is that of snubbing. Inartistic snubbing, crude, archaic; undigested snubbing, snubbing in the rough, snubbing of tho sledge-hammer order, is a thing that comes by nature. You see it from tbe earliest age, when Jacky, just four, snubs Jenny, just three, and tells her to hold her tonguo, ehe is only a little girl, and don't know nothing about it. In- deed, all elder children snub all younger ones, as part of the prerogatives of seniority and tho natural curriculum; the nursery being the placo where there is perpetual putling-up of cookswell crests, which are perpetually pecked at till they are lowered. And the nursery is only an epitome of the larger world outside. But artistic snubbing -the snubbing which is done with a purpose beyond the original instinct of self assertion, and tho expression of rivalry, tho snubbing that is keon as a rapier, subtle as a flame, swift as a ligbtuiug flash, thc snubbing that is offered with the most perfect good breeding and command of temper, but that stings and bites, and of which tho smart remains

that is snubbing raised to the level of au aesthetic art, and one which takes no mean gifts of mind and manner to render effective in substance and irre- proachable in form. Polite society, and ¿be more polite tho better, is the parade ground whoro the art of snubbing is exercised to perfection. Hero all tho rapiers have silver handlea, but the blade itself is trenchant and strikes home. There is no brutal bludgeon-work, no

telling a man to his face that be lies, j that he boasts, that ho presumes, that ho ÍB a scoundrel, or an intruder as would be in a ruder state of manner ; but tho im

pression of superb disdain is convoyed as I daintily, as airily in the well-bred snub as the poison that once lurked in a per fumed glove. And if the victim winces at tho pain, at least ho cannot complain of its method of administration. Nor can he retaliate. For snubbing is not, like fencing, a game for two, but em-

phatically an art for one only. AVhen ! it ceases to bo singular, and becomes , dual, it ceases to bo snubbing, and | becomes a quarrel. Mistress of all social arts, women are supreme in that of delicate but deadly snubbing. The cold stare with which they can freeze you to your roots if you imagine that to day is to be after tho pattern of yes- terday, and that a warm adieu, no ono witnessing, is to warrant a glowing greeting in full assembly ; the calm serenity with which they contradict you flatly, and without periphrasis or apology give you the lie direct; the seraphic innocence with which they ignore tho possibility of auy offence iu their bland assertion, if logical deduction goes for anything, that you aro a fool or a knave, or perhaps both ; the dexterity with which they can strike hard when seeming to bs only playing with tho foils, all these raak them capped professors of tho great art of Boub. And to do them justice they aro never in want of an

occasion whereby to prove tlieir pro llcioncy.Sime peo|)ln mrtrrj with a foregone conclusion ns to tlx necessity of snubbing on one side or the other; and su, tn rnalto sure of liol being the victim, are careful to take thc initiative and bc tho executioner. Tho) live in thc perpetual exercise of tho art and by practice obtain a cunning equal

to that which enables a marksman tc split a bullet on a penknife. Sometime*

it ¡8 tho wile who is suubbed out of all

chance of tho most elementary self assertion- sometimes it is the husband, for tho good of whose soul tho wife undertakes tho task of his personal humiliation. . . . Like tho venom of certain reptiles, continuous snubbing has a curiously benumbing effect on tho moral system, and after a time produces a paralysis of thc self-respecting faculties both odd and painful to witness. People unused to snubbing, who go where tho art is practised, aro amazed at tho quiet- ness with which tho patient receives impertinences which thrill them with indignation to hoar. They expect some kind of protest, if only of the mildest kind, when the wife, looking across tho table, says in a clear voice, audible to the whole company, "John, you have' told that story so often you seem to imagino it true: you know it novcr happened ;" or when the husband cuts his wife short in her narration by setting her to rights, altering her dates, ro-ar ranging her facts, paring off her details, and so on, giving you to understand by the manner of his snub that sho ia a fool and he the possessor of a superior wisdom, which makes you long to kick him on the spot But the husband accopts the rebuke with the patience of a pachyderm tickled by a straw, and tho wife subsides into her assigned position of insignificance and inaccuracy; and both display a sweetness under discipline, saintly if you will, bul surely, to tho deeper insight, tragic on the one hand

and slavish on the other. .

Givers of advice, unasked, aro sure to ba snubbed in tbo exorcise of their self elected calling; more especially if the advice is unpalatable. If pelting a porcupine with roar-leaves would cause him to bristle up and show fight, what will hitting him on the nose with stinging

nettles do ? And one is never sure of ono's porcupine; even when, as some- times happeiiB, he vows ho has dunged his skin, and for pines has put on dove's feathers. If one trusts too implicitly to such an assertion, ono moy come to evil case ; and an experimental acquaintance with the art of snubbing is sure to follow on a trespass into private ground

with a wallet full of advice which

nobody wants, and nobody admires. On tho whole, perhaps, the Bnubber is justified in this case. Whether justified or not, be generally asserts himself pretty roundly, and gives the self-electod adviser occasion to wish that bo had not dipped his finger into pies which wore none of his making. History J is full of anecdotes of lofty snubbing ;

but, perhaps, tho most famous was that I administered to Cassandra when she

stood in the streets of Troy, and prophesied of tho woes to come. But prophets prophesying evil things hare been snubbed everywhere and always, so too tho men who aro what is called beforo their time. To bo sure posterity takes them up where their own genera- tion had dropped thom, and knowledge repairs what ignorance had damaged ;

but this is small comfort to tbe poor, who may be snubbed out of existence altogether, as ono we all know of, whose " fiery particle " was snuffdd out once by a critical snub of more savageness than he could endure. For snubbing is quick pruning, be it remembered, and if you prune too close you simply destroy tho growth you seek to strengthen. But this savage energy is not snubbing according to the rules of high art. It is tho sledge-hammer, not the rapier, the mere instinctive pecking at the crest which comes by nature, and as euch does not belong to our present branch of ! the subject. What we aro dealing with j now is the wonderful suavity with which

Borne people manage to snub others, the sweetness with which they scarify the very heart of thoir victim, in broad day

and before a host of witnesses ; tho cleverness with which one substantially ' inferior cen humiliate another, if only

quick enough to begin first; tho subtlety with which tho attack can be carried on ; blows dealt and snubs administered, which everyone can soe and understand, but which aro so finely delivered no one can take them up or resent them ; the multiplicity of tbe snubber's sallyports, and tho ubiquity of tho snubber's forces, and, above all, the patience and fortitude which the novice must possess when he stands as the corpus vile, loaming from solf-vivisectiou how to operate in the future on others. So far as the thing is manifest to us, we would Bay that tbe art of aiBthetic snubbing is one of thc first learnt and practised by those who desire to got a footing in tho grand world, ns by those who wish to keep what they get, and

shoulder others outside their own small

circle of exclusiveness. If the gaiu outweighs tho cost, well and good ; perhaps to others, besides ourselves, the issue may appear doubtful.

Billdozer77 11-27-2013 10:45 PM

Pete, come on man. Everyone's sorry. Hate to see you snubbed out like that. When you read this, just know that everyone here is in agreement...

Snub!

John Fritz 11-27-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikes45 (Post 1740125)
I know this is early, Happy Thanksgiving snub

Happy Snubsgiving sir!

Another serving of snubkey, snubbed potatoes and snubby? And some snubberry sauce.

For dessert we have either snubble or snubkin pie with snubped cream topping.

Alias 12-03-2013 03:24 PM

For my first post on AKfiles, I will give Pete a SNUB!

Worm 12-03-2013 04:08 PM

Pete, shut the snub up, you mother snubber.

V3ndetta 12-03-2013 09:46 PM

Roflcopter at a 7 year old troll thread going 101 pages. I love it here.

Rahatlakhoom 12-03-2013 09:59 PM

My God, this thread is 7 years old.
We all must be demented, or insane.

No matter...let the thrashing continue.

gigolo 12-07-2013 02:46 AM

Just passin' by snub.

Rahatlakhoom 12-07-2013 07:29 PM

All Come All Ye Snubful