The AK Files Forums

The AK Files Forums (http://www.akfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   AK-47s (http://www.akfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I guess I'm being snubbed on this forum (http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34208)

ronin 12-07-2006 11:38 PM

Oh man, this is the thread that will not die. AK Pete must have truly angered the gods and is suffering divine retribution.

Have fun guys!!

Petro 12-08-2006 12:54 AM

Lol. I've been lurking on this thread for a while.

3 weelin geezer 12-08-2006 11:25 AM

Ok, so we're still not there yet but I would like to say: Merry Snubbin Christmas to all! Especially to AKPete who has made this thread possible for so long. :)

ronin 12-08-2006 04:37 PM

Now, for the mother of all snubbing questions - should the snub be welded, riveted or screwed :-) Personally, I think the screw has merits in a snub but the clamping force of a well formed rivet seems to have long-term holding power. I'm very concerned that the friction heat caused by sustained snubbing could cause my Loctite to let go and lose the screw.

I lay away and think about these things you know :-)

ronin 12-08-2006 07:53 PM

Actually, the more I think about it, traditional snubs were riveting. The move to screws definitely resulted in a snub that was at once very gratifying but with unknown long-term stability. Over time, the snubs essentially have evolved into two camps. The full-auto snubs really believe that the longevity of riveting snubs is the way to go. The semi-auto snubs have recognized that screwing is fun and very rewarding ... hence all the little snubs running around.

Alas, the poor welded snubs seems to have longevity problems and have reached an evolutionary dead-end. Thus, we really will not bother focusing on those snubs as they are proven to fail ... unless of course a hybrid milled-stamped snub is created.

Ah yes, there are a great many possible snubs. The snub you select should be based on your available tools, capabilities and the desire to balance risks with results.

Based on what I see here, I conclude that the snub applied to AKpete must have been a combination of rivets and screws. The snub has been both entertaining and enduring.

You decide :-)

6526 12-09-2006 06:48 AM

[QUOTE=ronin]Actually, the more I think about it, traditional snubs were riveting. The move to screws definitely resulted in a snub that was at once very gratifying but with unknown long-term stability. Over time, the snubs essentially have evolved into two camps. The full-auto snubs really believe that the longevity of riveting snubs is the way to go. The semi-auto snubs have recognized that screwing is fun and very rewarding ... hence all the little snubs running around.

Alas, the poor welded snubs seems to have longevity problems and have reached an evolutionary dead-end. Thus, we really will not bother focusing on those snubs as they are proven to fail ... unless of course a hybrid milled-stamped snub is created.

Ah yes, there are a great many possible snubs. The snub you select should be based on your available tools, capabilities and the desire to balance risks with results.

Based on what I see here, I conclude that the snub applied to AKpete must have been a combination of rivets and screws. The snub has been both entertaining and enduring. You decide :-)[/QUOTE
1 of the best snub responses ]
to date!(and it sure knocked what I was gonna saying the dirt!) excellent technical data back up to!

MikeZdragunov 12-09-2006 06:03 PM

I just joined your forum and I had to make my first post here. You guys are cracking me up! Please dont snub me for saying that.(Buy the way why havent you guys welcomed me yet?)

tedbo 12-09-2006 06:45 PM

Well budrow,might be 'cause your on the verge of be'n snubbed!In case ya hadn't read the complete thread it's 'cause it IS your first post and ya gotta have at least 7! :p Just kidding!
Welcome to the asylum!

frtyfivsevnty 12-09-2006 06:46 PM

Welcome MikeZ, but now I have to snub you. :wink_smal

creator0203 12-09-2006 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeZdragunov
I just joined your forum and I had to make my first post here. You guys are cracking me up! Please dont snub me for saying that.(Buy the way why havent you guys welcomed me yet?)

You have to be snubbed first DUH!

Welcome :p

ronin 12-09-2006 09:06 PM

Welcome to the fun house Mike!!!! We even talk about AKs once in a while :-)

Story 12-09-2006 09:25 PM

On the twelfth week of Snubbin', my true love gave to me..

ACMcom 12-10-2006 11:37 AM

I haven't asked a single question on this board. No one has replied to any of the questions I haven't asked. I feel snubbed!

ronin 12-10-2006 12:28 PM

Wow - you have a divide by zero snub ACMcom. That is a rare infinite snub. We don't dole out too many of those. :-)

Welcome to the board.

lextech 12-10-2006 05:41 PM

Snub Snub SNUB!!!!!

3 weelin geezer 12-11-2006 01:26 AM

Well, I thought I was being snubbed on the sks board but it seems it was just busted for the third week. Anyways, on to the important part. I was drinking my favorite drink and should have used a beer mug instead (would last me longer) and I was busy playing Russian roulette again. Now for the creepy part: Look just below the desk. I have been hearing a strange creaking sound coming from under there but just couldn't figger out what it was. There was nothing there. Or so I thought!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...r/DSC02208.jpg

tedbo 12-11-2006 07:21 PM

Jeeze,Geeze-This is a SNUBBING thread! :rofl_smalAre ya TRYING to get snubbed?

3 weelin geezer 12-11-2006 11:07 PM

As I was saying: I thought I was being snubbed somewhere else. Perhaps I should have used a snub to play roulette? I have one somewhere. Like this one?

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...r/DSC02223.jpg

lextech 12-12-2006 01:01 AM

If you tryn play Russian Roulette with a Russian Automatic you will surely Snub yourself.

Oh, yea......SNUB, SNUB, SNUB!!!!!

3 weelin geezer 12-12-2006 10:37 AM

Actually I feel very safe considering if its from russia and its not an ak it will work like their cars. Btw, can anyone ID that semi-auto? I can tell you its not a beretta because the bbl is pinned to the frame, the front sight is part of the bbl not the slide, and berettas don't have a magazine catch at the bottom like a mark II......I'll give you $.50 if you can guess right.

One more hint: The 'decocker' doesnt. :)

ronin 12-12-2006 11:25 AM

Is it one of the Makarovs?

6526 12-12-2006 04:21 PM

it kinda looks like Tanfaglio I picked up way back,,,,Oh crap!!!! now I'm gonna get snubbed!

AKz4daze 12-12-2006 04:42 PM

Rub a Dub dub, 1 more post & I can snub!

ronin 12-12-2006 07:48 PM

Oh no ... he rhymed. :-)

lextech 12-12-2006 09:29 PM

Is that one of those PE or PEG's (sorry not that informed about my combloc pistols, I snub myself for this), its 9x18, right?

MikeZdragunov 12-12-2006 10:02 PM

In case anyone cares, my wife has been snubbing me for 11 days so far since I bought my new AK....

chrry 12-12-2006 10:32 PM

akpete, you asked a question that no one here could answer. F/Auto questions, that no one on this forum, even if they new, would give out. If you still fill snubbed, just get in line. Please try another GUN FORUM, PLEASE!!! You have gotten more attention here, than any post or thread. Enough is enough, BY AKPETE.

creator0203 12-12-2006 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrry
akpete, you asked a question that no one here could answer. F/Auto questions, that no one on this forum, even if they new, would give out. If you still fill snubbed, just get in line. Please try another GUN FORUM, PLEASE!!! You have gotten more attention here, than any post or thread. Enough is enough, BY AKPETE.

ILL TELL HIM! Naw once a snubber always a snubber.
Buncha mother snubbers

6526 12-13-2006 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKz4daze
Rub a Dub dub, 1 more post & I can snub!

isn't rhyming in the snubbing thread a snubbing offence??

gigolo 12-13-2006 09:05 AM

Rhyming

Rhyming is O K if you are the Snubber,but not allowed if you are the Snubbee. I think. Can we get a ruling from an expert Snubmaster on this ?

3 weelin geezer 12-13-2006 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrry

Actually it wasn't a f/a question on how to make one. He only wanted to know how to mount a scope on an ak.

3 weelin geezer 12-13-2006 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lextech
If you tryn play Russian Roulette with a Russian Automatic you will surely Snub yourself.

Oh, yea......SNUB, SNUB, SNUB!!!!!

I was using WOLF ammo. Snub said.

ronin 12-13-2006 12:12 PM

My snubber hurts I've been snubbing so much.

This thread has taken on a life of its own. If AKPete ever came back he probably got scared to death and changed his user name.

3 weelin geezer 12-13-2006 12:13 PM

Ok. I never thought it would recieve such a quick response on this no name but its not a 9 mm. Its a .32 made in italy. Some ones really close here.

TheOtherChris 12-13-2006 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin
My snubber hurts I've been snubbing so much.

Careful, you could go blind.

chrry 12-13-2006 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 weelin geezer
Actually it wasn't a f/a question on how to make one. He only wanted to know how to mount a scope on an ak.

Well i guess i got akpete mixed up with someone else, i snubbed. I've already snubbed two members on AK Files, this year alone. Sorry guys, but work, building AKs, eating and sleeping keeps me and other fellow members away from the AK FORUM 23 hours a day. That leaves 1 hour a day for me to snub someone.

creator0203 12-13-2006 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigolo
Rhyming is O K if you are the Snubber,but not allowed if you are the Snubbee. I think. Can we get a ruling from an expert Snubmaster on this ?

I must know whom is the almighty "Snubmaster".

Mandaree36 12-13-2006 10:59 PM

My snub has expired so I will have to re-enter a higher valued SNUB...

Thank you your cooperation in this snub...oops matter.

ronin 12-13-2006 11:12 PM

Oh come on Creator, of course the snubmaster is snubbing all of us. We all know he exists but lack proof. Whatever you do, don't upset him because he likes firearms.

creator0203 12-13-2006 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin
Oh come on Creator, of course the snubmaster is snubbing all of us. We all know he exists but lack proof. Whatever you do, don't upset him because he likes firearms.

So true.