View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #95
carlrodd

AKaholic #: 171813

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlrodd View Post
I think I understand what you're asking. The AMD trunnion simply holds the amd folder in place. There is not another piece to the contraption. The trunnion basically IS the folding mechanism. When you remove the amd stock, you simply put the bumpski adapter in its place, and it is secured in the trunnion with the pin that secured the folding stock. The adapter definitely does not move after secured with that pin. It simply creates a flat face to attach stock or folding mechanism to. You certainly could attach an Ace fixed stock at that point, but if you want a folder, you have to install their folding mechanism first. I paid just about 210 bucks with shipping for everything, as opposed to probably 275 if I had gone with the Krebs adapter......and it looks better.

Btw, you really have to manhandle that pin, or at least I did. So don't be afraid to bang the hell out of it, both in and out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscokid185 View Post
Love the way the adapter turned out, but I can't quite wrap my head around how it installs.

Far as I can tell, the adapter goes in place of the old arm, and is held in place by the original pin.

But how the heck is the ace stock attached? Do you have any more pictures of how it mounts?

I think you've found the best solution for fixing the greatest weakness of the AMD!
Just saw your post. A little more clarification. Yes, the adapter is machined to fit into the slot where the folder was, and is secured by the same retention pin. It does not move....very secure. The adapter creates a flat face, adds only about 1/4 of an inch to the LOP, and has a groove and pre-drilled holes that perfectly accommodate the folding mechanism for Ace. If you did not want a folder, the pre-drilled holes on the adapter will accommodate the Ace stock without folding mechanism as well. I'd love to show some photos, but I'm not pulling it apart....loctite and all
carlrodd is offline   Reply With Quote