Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 11-10-2017, 11:31 PM   #1
Coburna

AKaholic #: 182150
Default RH-10

Just picked up an RH-10 that has been sitting in the back of inventory at my local gun shop forgotten about. I was helping the owner with his new point of sale system. We started adding inventory and noticed the century box. I was excited to see an RH10 inside. The owner let me take it for $500. I really donít think he knew much about them. Anyway, my question is this. Can ijust run any standard ak47 type muzzle brake on the end of this barrel? I know most 7.62 brakes have the timing slot for the pin in the front but i figure since the birdcage that came from the factory isnít timed that it wouldnít be a big deal. Am i correct in thinking i can run a 7.62 brake without it being held in place with the RH-10 not having the pin ?
Coburna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:27 AM   #2
OnTop

AKaholic #: 155735

Super sweet deal. Sorry, I don’t know much about the muzzle brake to answer your question.

OT
OnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:32 AM   #3
raggedwhole!
Banned

AKaholic #: 172787

Just time the brake. It will be fine.
raggedwhole! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:45 AM   #4
PORTER
Been there done that.

AKaholic #: 184098

Good score, I sold mine the other day to buy a LWRC DI. They don't come very often, but I prob will pick up another.
PORTER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:51 AM   #5
Hizzie
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 170989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coburna View Post
Just picked up an RH-10 that has been sitting in the back of inventory at my local gun shop forgotten about. I was helping the owner with his new point of sale system. We started adding inventory and noticed the century box. I was excited to see an RH10 inside. The owner let me take it for $500. I really don’t think he knew much about them. Anyway, my question is this. Can ijust run any standard ak47 type muzzle brake on the end of this barrel? I know most 7.62 brakes have the timing slot for the pin in the front but i figure since the birdcage that came from the factory isn’t timed that it wouldn’t be a big deal. Am i correct in thinking i can run a 7.62 brake without it being held in place with the RH-10 not having the pin ?
Rocksett is a semi permanent way of attaching a muzzle device. AAC ships it with their suppressor mounts.

I have used loctite on my M10’s without issue.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:11 AM   #6
Bubba H

AKaholic #: 184894

See if a crush washer will work with the birdcage on it.
Bubba H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:14 PM   #7
mengra1
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 184774

rh10 for 500 is a solid deal brother. you did good. as others have said any compound can set any standard or aftermarket 14x1lh brake. a chop thread and pin weld extension would also be excellent if you have access to someone in the know who's proficient with machinery
Old 11-11-2017, 01:18 PM   #8
xbtgnowtytan

AKaholic #: 186611

Quote:
Just picked up an RH-10 that has been sitting in the back of inventory at my local gun shop forgotten about. I was helping the owner with his new point of sale system. We started adding inventory and noticed the century box. I was excited to see an RH10 inside. The owner let me take it for $500. I really donít think he knew much about them. Anyway, my question is this. Can ijust run any standard ak47 type muzzle brake on the end of this barrel? I know most 7.62 brakes have the timing slot for the pin in the front but i figure since the birdcage that came from the factory isnít timed that it wouldnít be a big deal. Am i correct in thinking i can run a 7.62 brake without it being held in place with the RH-10 not having the pin ?
You got a great deal.

Paid $800 for each of the two I bought from Atlantic PRIOR to the election. Figured I'd be able to sell one , when\if Hillary won.
It's a WASR basically with a different rear sight, magpul furniture, gas block. Where you see the notch on the rear sight, cut a "V" (or "U" ? ) with a Dremel stone so that you can see the front post better. The windage adjustment on the rear is also cool. Tighten the magpul buttstock screws and use blue loctite to secure . My two rifles accept all mags. DO NOT dremel out your rifle magwell unless all mags are problematic. Dremel the MAG not the rifle, for isolated mag insertion issues.

One of my two had rivet issues ( not the best of rivet work at the factory) and the parkerized finished could be better. Believe it or not, I used mink oil on the finish and liked the result. Poor little minks. The fit of the magpul furniture was good. No FTE or FTF, and it's an accurate rifle.

Despite what others here say about replacing the magpul stuff with wood ,I actually think the rifle looks good with it because of the unique RH10 gas block, and muzzle brake.

Supposedly only 2000 + imported, so in 20 years you can sell it for more. I made a bad judgement call, and paid too much, at the time (2016)- you got a good rifle, at a great price, that is unique, and should last a long time.

Sorry for long reply
xbtgnowtytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #9
Mattyh921

AKaholic #: 180579

A crush washer will not fit, the barrel has too small OD. There's always a lock nut. I'm going to chop my barrel and then pin/weld a fsc on there
Mattyh921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:27 PM   #10
Coburna

AKaholic #: 182150

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbtgnowtytan View Post
You got a great deal.

Paid $800 for each of the two I bought from Atlantic PRIOR to the election. Figured I'd be able to sell one , when\if Hillary won.
It's a WASR basically with a different rear sight, magpul furniture, gas block. Where you see the notch on the rear sight, cut a "V" (or "U" ? ) with a Dremel stone so that you can see the front post better. The windage adjustment on the rear is also cool. Tighten the magpul buttstock screws and use blue loctite to secure . My two rifles accept all mags. DO NOT dremel out your rifle magwell unless all mags are problematic. Dremel the MAG not the rifle, for isolated mag insertion issues.

One of my two had rivet issues ( not the best of rivet work at the factory) and the parkerized finished could be better. Believe it or not, I used mink oil on the finish and liked the result. Poor little minks. The fit of the magpul furniture was good. No FTE or FTF, and it's an accurate rifle.

Despite what others here say about replacing the magpul stuff with wood ,I actually think the rifle looks good with it because of the unique RH10 gas block, and muzzle brake.

Supposedly only 2000 + imported, so in 20 years you can sell it for more. I made a bad judgement call, and paid too much, at the time (2016)- you got a good rifle, at a great price, that is unique, and should last a long time.

Sorry for long reply
Thanks for the tips. I've owned at least one wasr since 2007 so I know the many issues and fixes. I used to fix everyon s canted front sight around here by popping the pins and re-drilling. I've never had a wasr with mag fit issues. All have min have been gtg. I was just asking bc I am unfamiliar with this barrel threading technique without a crush washer.
I wouldn't consider your decision to purchase the RH10 a bad judgement call. If you have the money and you like it. Go for it! If the store manager would have said "$750", I would have paid it for this one all the same.
Is it really true that there are still only 2000 imported? I still see them in stock on a couple big name gun commerce sites. Thanks for the info!

Last edited by Coburna; 11-12-2017 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Typo
Coburna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:32 PM   #11
burninglegs
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183372

Quote:
Thanks for the tips. I've owned at least one wasr since 2007 so I know the many issues and fixes. I used to fix everyon s canted front sight around here by popping the pins and re-drilling. I've never had a wasr with mag fit issues. All have min have been gtg. I was just asking bc I am unfamiliar with this barrel threading technique without a crush washer.
I wouldn't consider your decision to purchase the RH10 a bad judgement call. If you have the money and you like it. Go for it! If the store manager would have said "$750", I would have paid it for this one all the same.
Is it really true that there are still only 2000 imported? I still see them in stock on a couple big name gun commerce sites. Thanks for the info!
Yes it is true that only 2000 were imported.
burninglegs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:56 PM   #12
s10nova

AKaholic #: 163662

I've got an M10 as well as hizzie and it's basically the exact same gun minus Magpul furniture..
Hell of a deal on a combloc built AK ..what hizzie said also..just use some loctite or even a threaded washer from cancer Warrior and a crushwasher set up
s10nova is online now   Reply With Quote