Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2017, 09:01 PM   #1
sealchief
Senior Member
 
sealchief's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 178082
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 504
Default Hungarian U/F

I picked up this matching numbers kit with original Barrel and older Nodak receiver in a trade with another member here.

I had Ken Kubin at Global, here in Michigan, build it for me. He is an outstanding Smith and I have been totally satisfied with every build he does for me.

The rifle came out better than I had hoped for. The rifle is tight with a super smooth action. I haven't been able to shoot it yet, but I will this weekend.

Just thought I would throw up a few pics.







Last edited by sealchief; 11-21-2017 at 11:47 PM.
sealchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:31 PM   #2
rurallife
gas operated
 
rurallife's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 186131
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Oregon
Posts: 551
Default

The guy I was going to have do a Polish under for me. Before I got the AUSA version.

Nice Hungarian! I didn't think Nodak was still making the UF receivers.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornpone View Post
If the 2A doesn't cover so-called assault rifles then the 1A only applies to printing presses.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed.
rurallife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:38 PM   #3
sealchief
Senior Member
 
sealchief's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 178082
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurallife View Post
The guy I was going to have do a Polish under for me. Before I got the AUSA version.

Nice Hungarian! I didn't think Nodak was still making the UF receivers.

It's an older Nodak Receiver
sealchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:59 PM   #4
HOG76
Veteran Member
Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 158773
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mid-Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,546
Default

Looks real nice, I have an original barrel kit built on an AUSA 1.5mm receiver. Those Hungarians know how to build AK's.
HOG76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:56 AM   #5
LXD55
Banned
 
AKaholic #: 177980
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Out of the Basket and in the Main Stream.
Posts: 6,735
Default

And the 20's look the best in them. Now you need the correct bayo and scabbard.
I guess it is an AK63DS correct? Are the trunions scrubbed? This is the pouch i bought
https://www.desertfoxsales.com/Hunga..._p/dfs-746.htm dfs has some really good Hun. stuff from time to time. They are the only parts seller I have on my in box.
Got my Hungarian leather sling here. https://whatacountry.com/ak-47-sling-leather.aspx

Last edited by LXD55; 11-22-2017 at 01:02 AM.
LXD55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:58 AM   #6
sealchief
Senior Member
 
sealchief's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 178082
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 504
Default

Hey, thanks for the info. The trunion is not scrubbed, it matches all the other numbers.





Quote:
Originally Posted by LXD55 View Post
And the 20's look the best in them. Now you need the correct bayo and scabbard.
I guess it is an AK63DS correct? Are the trunions scrubbed? This is the pouch i bought
https://www.desertfoxsales.com/Hunga..._p/dfs-746.htm dfs has some really good Hun. stuff from time to time. They are the only parts seller I have on my in box.
Got my Hungarian leather sling here. https://whatacountry.com/ak-47-sling-leather.aspx

Last edited by sealchief; 11-22-2017 at 11:18 AM.
sealchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:39 PM   #7
rurallife
gas operated
 
rurallife's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 186131
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Oregon
Posts: 551
Default

Dang, what'd you trade? Your left nard?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornpone View Post
If the 2A doesn't cover so-called assault rifles then the 1A only applies to printing presses.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed.
rurallife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:52 PM   #8
sealchief
Senior Member
 
sealchief's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 178082
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurallife View Post
Dang, what'd you trade? Your left nard?

I traded an Aero Precision AR pistol for it.
sealchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:20 PM   #9
XSAPPER
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 6034
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the hills, KY!
Posts: 4,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealchief View Post
I traded an Aero Precision AR pistol for it.
Good trade!
__________________
"If it's fun it must be illegal"

"GOD, GUTS, AND GUNS MADE AMERICA FREE"
AND I'M KEEPING ALL THREE!



http://mimage.novarata.net/
XSAPPER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:06 PM   #10
sealchief
Senior Member
 
sealchief's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 178082
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSAPPER View Post
Good trade!
Every once in a while things work out. The AR pistol was of no interest to me.

I got a like new stock set for the rifle in the trade also, but I like the old wood better for some reason.

Can't wait to shoot it this Weekend !!
sealchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:50 PM   #11
boutcha
Curio & Relic
Contributor
 
boutcha's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 172420
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 6,396
Default

Nice

Love the Hungarians.
My favorite AKM.
__________________
boutcha

NEW Hungarian IWD Stock Set $165
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319273
boutcha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:38 PM   #12
LXD55
Banned
 
AKaholic #: 177980
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Out of the Basket and in the Main Stream.
Posts: 6,735
Default

[IMG][/IMG]
i know about the floor plate and that mag was given to me by a member. I had some old books.
Ya just cannot throw them out. So we agreed to a trade about the books.

The 20 MITM mag was sent to me just out of, what do you call it, I would say good will.

Good story for giving thanks. Thanks.

Yeah it is green and I will never change it.

Last edited by LXD55; 11-22-2017 at 11:48 PM.
LXD55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:30 AM   #13
sealchief
Senior Member
 
sealchief's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 178082
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 504
Default

nice looking rifle, I still have to pick up a sling and bayo for mine.
sealchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:19 AM   #14
LXD55
Banned
 
AKaholic #: 177980
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Out of the Basket and in the Main Stream.
Posts: 6,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealchief View Post
nice looking rifle, I still have to pick up a sling and bayo for mine.

The Hungarian bayos are 60+, if you get one with proofs more so. The Hungarian
scabbard is 3 piece. Scabbard, hilt strap AND a belt loop.
looks like this. http://worldbayonets.com/Bayonet_Ide.../hungary2.html the last on the page akm 1
LXD55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:48 AM   #15
sealchief
Senior Member
 
sealchief's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 178082
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXD55 View Post
The Hungarian bayos are 60+, if you get one with proofs more so. The Hungarian
scabbard is 3 piece. Scabbard, hilt strap AND a belt loop.
looks like this. http://worldbayonets.com/Bayonet_Ide.../hungary2.html the last on the page akm 1

Thanks for the link, much appreciated.
sealchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:02 AM   #16
XSAPPER
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 6034
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the hills, KY!
Posts: 4,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealchief View Post
Every once in a while things work out. The AR pistol was of no interest to me.

I got a like new stock set for the rifle in the trade also, but I like the old wood better for some reason.

Can't wait to shoot it this Weekend !!
I think you'll be pleased
__________________
"If it's fun it must be illegal"

"GOD, GUTS, AND GUNS MADE AMERICA FREE"
AND I'M KEEPING ALL THREE!



http://mimage.novarata.net/
XSAPPER is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2017 The AK FIles