Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 11-26-2017, 12:22 PM   #1
AK-104
Swollen Member

AKaholic #: 162667
Default Needing a rough appraisal on an SBR

Anyone care to speculate on the approximate value of an Arsenal SLR-107CR that has been made into a short barreled rifle on a Form 1 tax stamp? Rifle is in overall very good-excellent condition with some normal handling marks from use. Has a Russian style cone booster, and has fired approximately 2,500 rounds.

Not looking to sell, but did have a guy offer me a trade for mine, and I politely declined even though I'm sure I would have been getting the better end of the deal. His offer just got me to wondering if I've completely lost track of what my rifle might be worth.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:40 PM   #2
Jabes0623
Safe Space Lifeguard

AKaholic #: 173872

$1,000-$1,200 if you find the right buyer. Used NFA items are notoriously difficult to get rid of due to the wait times & engraving. A member here had his, much lower round count, in the MP for months for $1,300 (if I recall correctly) & finally had to have it pinned & welded & taken off his trust to sell it.
Jabes0623 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:00 PM   #3
AK-104
Swollen Member

AKaholic #: 162667

That's pretty much in the ballpark of what I had thought. The guy wanting to trade was a buddy from work, and he basically fell in love with my rifle when I let him fire it. He asked if I'd be willing to sell, and I jokingly told him that everything has a price. I then told him that if I did sell it, he'd have to take the 30 or so mags, as well as the roughly 3K rounds of ammo I have for it because I wouldn't hassle with another stamp, and I no longer care for the looks/feel of a full length AK.

He fired off an offer for his unfired Auto Ordnance Thompson "Tommy Gun" with custom cut foam insert in a violin case to hold the carbine, as well as a 50 round drum mag. He also had three 30 round stick mags, and a case of WWB 230 grain FMJ to go with it.

I declined, but was of the opinion that his setup was worth more. I told him to hang on to his carbine, and I'd likely buy it from him in the not too distant future, so he can buy his own version of my rifle.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:23 PM   #4
AdamP123
((((-(-(-_-)-)-))))

AKaholic #: 154955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabes0623 View Post
...finally had to have it pinned & welded & taken off his trust to sell it.
This is the best way to go about selling a SBR. Most people don't want to deal with all of the BS involved in purchasing a SBR. Permattach once of those fake boosters and it will sell quickly.

Я люблю котов! У меня нет кота, но они очаровательны. Я люблю разговаривать с людьми в парке о своих домашних кошках. Кошки могут быть настолько привередливыми! Вы когда-нибудь задумывались что кошки думают? Много приветствий! Адам.
AdamP123 is online now   Reply With Quote