Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2017, 11:34 PM   #316
chile1
Gunners for life........
 
chile1's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 173484
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayReady View Post
Where would that be located?
it would be right below the Izhmash symbol next to the folding hinge on the left of the receiver. on mine there is "09" which is 2009, the year the rifle was produced.
__________________
"If you eat caviar every day it's difficult to return to sausages."
chile1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:03 AM   #317
bj660raptor
Veteran Member
Platinum Contributor
 
bj660raptor's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 186085
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Thunder dome
Posts: 1,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtfourmag View Post
Here's two more.

The first auction isn't KVAR directly but the seller is either part of them or close to them as a few of the rifles he's sold in past for high dollar were listed w/the same pics by KVAR some months later. Hence the SGL 22-94 w/the same serial number that sold twice a few months apart w/the same pics...

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/718398785

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/718443018
peacemaker,i went in and put hands on them. Sold them for arsenal lv,fuck them both. Told me 3700+ tax on the 22. bulgy fsb no pg plate commercial rear trunnion all for a first letter ďTĒ on the trunnion and ďak104Ē on the receiver. Theyíre all sittin on them,arsenal lv,k-var,peace maker. Corps arenít supposed to work this way,private yes corps no. They have 107s and 104s,sgl-31s and 21s.

shady.
__________________
Originally Posted by PRegner

A "radical" Muslim wants to kill you. A "moderate" Muslim wants the radical Muslim to kill you.

((DB)) #4 ClitCommander
bj660raptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:06 AM   #318
bj660raptor
Veteran Member
Platinum Contributor
 
bj660raptor's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 186085
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Thunder dome
Posts: 1,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chile1 View Post
it would be right below the Izhmash symbol next to the folding hinge on the left of the receiver. on mine there is "09" which is 2009, the year the rifle was produced.
as well as the first 2 numbers on the trunnion i believe ,L09 for 09,anyone ever seen a L10? Iím sure the 21-94 and those are T111
__________________
Originally Posted by PRegner

A "radical" Muslim wants to kill you. A "moderate" Muslim wants the radical Muslim to kill you.

((DB)) #4 ClitCommander
bj660raptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:06 PM   #319
StayReady
Member
 
AKaholic #: 163640
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SW USA
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chile1 View Post
it would be right below the Izhmash symbol next to the folding hinge on the left of the receiver. on mine there is "09" which is 2009, the year the rifle was produced.

ah I see an 11 next to the hinge where the side folder attaches when folded. Under the Russian arrow withe the M M on the side. Thanks
__________________
Arsenal SGL21-94 test fire date: Jan-31-12
Purchase date: June 2012 Paid $999
StayReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:17 AM   #320
chile1
Gunners for life........
 
chile1's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 173484
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayReady View Post
ah I see an 11 next to the hinge where the side folder attaches when folded. Under the Russian arrow withe the M M on the side. Thanks

And just as a curiosity, does your 2011 SGL21-94 have a milled or stamped gas tube lever?
__________________
"If you eat caviar every day it's difficult to return to sausages."
chile1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:38 AM   #321
cyberjad
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 173415
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 1,245
Default

My intention of this thread a long time ago when started was not to learn more about the folding stock models, but a big thank you to all that have posted and provided information about them in here. I have always thought there there is a lack of info on the SGL folders.
cyberjad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:26 PM   #322
StayReady
Member
 
AKaholic #: 163640
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SW USA
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chile1 View Post
And just as a curiosity, does your 2011 SGL21-94 have a milled or stamped gas tube lever?
really hard to tell. I took a few pics and zoomed in. I'll posted them later, but what's the debate over milled vs stamped?
__________________
Arsenal SGL21-94 test fire date: Jan-31-12
Purchase date: June 2012 Paid $999
StayReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:57 AM   #323
chile1
Gunners for life........
 
chile1's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 173484
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayReady View Post
really hard to tell. I took a few pics and zoomed in. I'll posted them later, but what's the debate over milled vs stamped?
From the functionality side nothing, however the correct part on a stamped receiver rifle should be a stamped gas tube lever.

There has been comments made on this post claiming that SGL21-94’s may have been assembled with incorrect parts. I’ve never seen that that’s why i ‘m asking since you also own this model.
__________________
"If you eat caviar every day it's difficult to return to sausages."
chile1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:13 PM   #324
fourtfourmag
Veteran Member
Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 8377
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,288
Default

Here you go StayReady, Milled vs the correct Stamped version. Some of these 94's did come with the Milled versions installed as was discussed both here and on several other forums in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtfourmag View Post
This has been discussed before, some of the 21-94's were assembled using AKM RSB and some of course had the correct AK100 RSB. The link/review I posted earlier shows an example of the incorrect one.

Yours is like this I assume?

Regarding the import timeframe and dated rifles. I'd figure the whole process from production, paperwork, importing, conversion etc would take time which would explain 09 dated 21-94'...

Incorrect:


Correct:
Edit: Its not just the 94 model that experienced this inconsistency, I've seen several Saiga's both 21's, 26 & 31's listed recently on GB that had both types of RSB's.
__________________
Looking for a NIB Saiga SGL 21-84/94
fourtfourmag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:39 PM   #325
Charlemagne
Curio & Relic
 
Charlemagne's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 137433
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Salt LakeCity, Utah
Posts: 2,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chile1 View Post
From the functionality side nothing, however the correct part on a stamped receiver rifle should be a stamped gas tube lever.

There has been comments made on this post claiming that SGL21-94ís may have been assembled with incorrect parts. Iíve never seen that thatís why i Ďm asking since you also own this model.
If Arsenal Las Vegas installed it on a factory SGL21-94 then it's "correct" for a factory SGL21-94. I couldn't get any conclusive production information from Arsenal when I called them. But the woman I talked to said she could confirm for you whether your gun was a factory 21-94 or not if you gave her the serial number.
Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:46 PM   #326
chile1
Gunners for life........
 
chile1's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 173484
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
If Arsenal Las Vegas installed it on a factory SGL21-94 then it's "correct" for a factory SGL21-94. I couldn't get any conclusive production information from Arsenal when I called them. But the woman I talked to said she could confirm for you whether your gun was a factory 21-94 or not if you gave her the serial number.
Educate yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f1CiNRF_wU
__________________
"If you eat caviar every day it's difficult to return to sausages."
chile1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:18 AM   #327
fourtfourmag
Veteran Member
Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 8377
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
If Arsenal Las Vegas installed it on a factory SGL21-94 then it's "correct" for a factory SGL21-94. I couldn't get any conclusive production information from Arsenal when I called them. But the woman I talked to said she could confirm for you whether your gun was a factory 21-94 or not if you gave her the serial number.

It must be the altitude up there in UT but didn't we touch on this back on 11/14 in post 272?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
I have the stamped lever you labeled as "correct" on mine. This also matches the levers in the pictures of AK103s in The Grim Reaper.

I would be skeptical of a gun with an "09" date being an actual factory Arsenal SGL21-94. I didn't remember the folding stock version being available in 09. I found this posting on the Saiga Forum from K-var dated 2011.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?...6687-sgl21-94/

That's not to say that it would not have been possible for them to have built some SGL21-94s with two or three year old parts. I think it's far more likely that an "09" gun is an aftermarket conversion. As I mentioned before I don't feel bad that my gun is not an original SGL21-94 because it's closer to a military AK103 than the SGL21-94 is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME

Your right they were advertised in 11', but honestly anyone in doubt can call Arsenal with a serial # to verify. There are 09' 94's out there.
__________________
Looking for a NIB Saiga SGL 21-84/94
fourtfourmag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:37 PM   #328
StayReady
Member
 
AKaholic #: 163640
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SW USA
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtfourmag View Post
Here you go StayReady, Milled vs the correct Stamped version. Some of these 94's did come with the Milled versions installed as was discussed both here and on several other forums in the past.



Edit: Its not just the 94 model that experienced this inconsistency, I've seen several Saiga's both 21's, 26 & 31's listed recently on GB that had both types of RSB's.

Thanks for the pics. It appears that I have the "incorrect" one. I'm very upset! I'm done with this Slightly used SGL21-94 with less than 200rds through it. The first $3000 offer I get can have it
__________________
Arsenal SGL21-94 test fire date: Jan-31-12
Purchase date: June 2012 Paid $999
StayReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:25 PM   #329
Charlemagne
Curio & Relic
 
Charlemagne's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 137433
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Salt LakeCity, Utah
Posts: 2,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chile1 View Post
I finally got the chance to watch this video all the way through. Interesting as all of Mishaco's stuff is but it did not answer my questions about SGL21 production.
Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:46 PM   #330
Charlemagne
Curio & Relic
 
Charlemagne's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 137433
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Salt LakeCity, Utah
Posts: 2,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtfourmag View Post
It must be the altitude up there in UT but didn't we touch on this back on 11/14 in post 272?
Different comment and different context. You made a suggestion about verifying the status of a particular rifle. Possibly you had done it but possibly it was nothing more than an idea you had , you didn't specify. Two and a half weeks later, I specifically confirmed that this service was available form Arsenal.

I was prompted to do this by chile1's continuing obsession with the style of gas tube levers on factory SGL21-94s after the evidence indicates they came with both types of levers. It appeared to me , and I may be wrong, that he was concerned about whether his SGL21-94 was a factory gun or an after market conversion.
Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:01 PM   #331
fourtfourmag
Veteran Member
Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 8377
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
Different comment and different context. You made a suggestion about verifying the status of a particular rifle. Possibly you had done it but possibly it was nothing more than an idea you had , you didn't specify. Two and a half weeks later, I specifically confirmed that this service was available form Arsenal.

I was prompted to do this by chile1's continuing obsession with the style of gas tube levers on factory SGL21-94s after the evidence indicates they came with both types of levers. It appeared to me , and I may be wrong, that he was concerned about whether his SGL21-94 was a factory gun or an after market conversion.
I was just busting your chops, and yes I confirmed w/Arsenal about a particular serial number proposed to me which is what prompted me to type in that info for others.
__________________
Looking for a NIB Saiga SGL 21-84/94
fourtfourmag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:03 PM   #332
fourtfourmag
Veteran Member
Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 8377
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayReady View Post
Thanks for the pics. It appears that I have the "incorrect" one. I'm very upset! I'm done with this Slightly used SGL21-94 with less than 200rds through it. The first $3000 offer I get can have it
Hell since your selling, maybe we can work out a deal for your factory safety lever and I can send your a "close replacement" which will compliment your RSB.
__________________
Looking for a NIB Saiga SGL 21-84/94
fourtfourmag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:45 AM   #333
chile1
Gunners for life........
 
chile1's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 173484
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
I was prompted to do this by chile1's continuing obsession with the style of gas tube levers on factory SGL21-94s after the evidence indicates they came with both types of levers. It appeared to me , and I may be wrong, that he was concerned about whether his SGL21-94 was a factory gun or an after market conversion.
No, not obsession but only trying to call you out for trying to make generalizations based on one or two sample points. Iíll argue that the one or two rifles with mixed matched parts are after market converts trying to pass themselves for the real deal.

And by the way there is no concerns on my end on my SGL21-94 given that i have the documentation to go with it (inc K-Var sales receipt).
__________________
"If you eat caviar every day it's difficult to return to sausages."
chile1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:43 PM   #334
Charlemagne
Curio & Relic
 
Charlemagne's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 137433
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Salt LakeCity, Utah
Posts: 2,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chile1 View Post
No, not obsession but only trying to call you out for trying to make generalizations based on one or two sample points. Iíll argue that the one or two rifles with mixed matched parts are after market converts trying to pass themselves for the real deal.

I said it before " the evidence indicates they came with both types of levers."
Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:26 PM   #335
fourtfourmag
Veteran Member
Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 8377
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
I said it before " the evidence indicates they came with both types of levers."
They did, this is a dead horse if ever there was one.
__________________
Looking for a NIB Saiga SGL 21-84/94
fourtfourmag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:50 AM   #336
chile1
Gunners for life........
 
chile1's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 173484
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 473
Default

Just to further educate those that talk yet have no horse in the race. see what a genuine SGL21-94 owners manual looks like:

SGL21 94 Owners Manual.jpg
__________________
"If you eat caviar every day it's difficult to return to sausages."
chile1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:18 PM   #337
fourtfourmag
Veteran Member
Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 8377
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chile1 View Post
Just to further educate those that talk yet have no horse in the race. see what a genuine SGL21-94 owners manual looks like:

Attachment 29863
Cool!
__________________
Looking for a NIB Saiga SGL 21-84/94
fourtfourmag is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2017 The AK FIles