Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Vendor Discussion Forums > Palmetto State Armory

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
crotalus
Devil in Baggy Pants
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 183149
Default Customer Service

Hello,
I had contacted your customer service about my DDI 74 a while ago (April 29) and received two different responses. One was from David Filler saying he forwarded it, and another from your customer service department saying that a supervisor was going to call me that day (on May 02). I've tried calling the customer service line provided via email and cannot get through to anyone. The only option is for placing an order then it says "your call cannot be completed, try again later".

Is there any chance I could get a point of contact/phone number for the supervisor I am supposed to talk to, to get everything straightened out?
Thank you for any assistance.

Respectfully,
Nick

Last edited by crotalus; 05-19-2017 at 01:42 PM.
crotalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:46 PM   #2
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 176461

Like I posted in another thread, they have no customer service.
Stopsign32v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:40 AM   #3
crotalus
Devil in Baggy Pants
Silver Contributor

Any one?
Old 05-26-2017, 09:17 AM   #4
Dr.ButcherMD
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 156261

I had a problem with an ammo shipment from PSA earlier this year. Emails took forever or were never returned, so I PM'ed them on here. Also had to call them out on a thread to get their attention. Finally everything got fixed after about 2 months! I see you've been waiting a week for a response! Good luck.
Dr.ButcherMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:04 AM   #5
crotalus
Devil in Baggy Pants
Silver Contributor

Yeah I got an email saying a supervisor was going to call me at the beginning of the month. Whenever I try the customer service line to alter an order (the only option) it goes to the audio recording "this call cannot be completed as dialed". Thanks
Old 05-26-2017, 07:11 PM   #6
Rearden Steel

AKaholic #: 188504

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalus View Post
Yeah I got an email saying a supervisor was going to call me at the beginning of the month. Whenever I try the customer service line to alter an order (the only option) it goes to the audio recording "this call cannot be completed as dialed". Thanks
They have 5 retail stores across the state of South Carolina. I stoped by their store two days ago and brought up their lack of customer service. They told me to call the store if I needed anything so that's what I would recommend you do. Call every store in SC and bug them to death.
Rearden Steel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:52 PM   #7
crotalus
Devil in Baggy Pants
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rearden Steel View Post
They have 5 retail stores across the state of South Carolina. I stoped by their store two days ago and brought up their lack of customer service. They told me to call the store if I needed anything so that's what I would recommend you do. Call every store in SC and bug them to death.
Thanks, I really appreciate the tip/help.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:28 PM   #8
crotalus
Devil in Baggy Pants
Silver Contributor

PSA since I haven't been able to get through to you guys after your email...I don't know what else to do besides take the advice from Rearden Steel and start calling up your retail stores. I'm hopeful that this will get sorted out but it's getting hard to not be frustrated at this point. If you could have this supervisor call me, leave a voice mail, text, email, something, I would really appreciate it...
Old 06-01-2017, 08:22 PM   #9
Rearden Steel

AKaholic #: 188504

Quote:
PSA since I haven't been able to get through to you guys after your email...I don't know what else to do besides take the advice from Rearden Steel and start calling up your retail stores. I'm hopeful that this will get sorted out but it's getting hard to not be frustrated at this point. If you could have this supervisor call me, leave a voice mail, text, email, something, I would really appreciate it...
Keep us updated on your progress wit PSA. The guys in the Hilton Head store were nice and aware of the lack of customer service at the online store.
Rearden Steel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:37 AM   #10
ÄÄCHMED HÄZÄÄMÄT

AKaholic #: 183815

Firearm related businesses are slowing down. I sure don't want to see them go out of business. Yet they are probably going to have to step up their game.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:28 PM   #11
crotalus
Devil in Baggy Pants
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rearden Steel View Post
Keep us updated on your progress wit PSA. The guys in the Hilton Head store were nice and aware of the lack of customer service at the online store.
Don't think it's gonna happen...
Old 06-22-2017, 02:13 PM   #12
Thumper5102

AKaholic #: 192215

Better results by calling PSA, just be ready to wait on hold. I think PSA is done posting on the files, sad. I will say it took over a month for my issue to be resolved, but I'm happy with the end result. Enough so I might buy another... this time a complete rifle if they ever come out with a .223 Wilde or 5.56 version. Esp if it takes standard AR Mags.
Thumper5102 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:17 AM   #13
crotalus
Devil in Baggy Pants
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper5102 View Post
Better results by calling PSA
Read the OP, and my other posts... I had been calling since the end of April/Beginning of May. I am not interested in telling everyone on here everything going on with my health but it's not easy to stay on hold for hours, to have the call dropped, to call back again to go on hold for hours, rinse wash and repeat, while hurling my guts out.

I think if a company says a supervisor going supposed to call you, he or she should call you.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:47 AM   #14
bigrog210
Vierfruchtpyjama

AKaholic #: 177977

Quote:
Read the OP, and my other posts... I had been calling since the end of April/Beginning of May. I am not interested in telling everyone on here everything going on with my health but it's not easy to stay on hold for hours, to have the call dropped, to call back again to go on hold for hours, rinse wash and repeat, while hurling my guts out.

I think if a company says a supervisor going supposed to call you, he or she should call you.
Whatever it is , i hope you get better soon brother.

///
Magaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshut View Post
autonomic nervous system:

The part of the nervous system responsible for control of the bodily functions not consciously directed, such as breathing, the heartbeat, digestive processes and ordering AK 47 magazines.
bigrog210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 05:47 PM   #15
ÄÄCHMED HÄZÄÄMÄT

Might as well shut down this section as they look like they are done here. Lock it all up.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:03 AM   #16
Just a Citizen
Not the Sharpest Crayon in the box.

AKaholic #: 173954

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÄÄCHMED HÄZÄÄMÄT View Post
Might as well shut down this section as they look like they are done here. Lock it all up.
+1
"The right of a citizen to bear arms, in lawful defense of himself or the State, is absolute. He does not derive it from the State government. It is one of the "high powers" delegated directly to the citizen, and `is excepted out of the general powers of government.' A law cannot be passed to infringe upon or impair it, because it is above the law, and independent of the lawmaking power." [Cockrum v. State, 24 Tex. 394, at 401-402 (1859)
Just a Citizen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:45 AM   #17
Sabre5G
The Mouth of Sauron

AKaholic #: 181719

Yeah, it is pretty dicked up. Crotalus has pretty much been given the run around by them. I am glad I went with the SLR route. What is really crazy is that Crotalus is sick as hell and I doubt he feels like playing games of hard to get with another crappy gun store.

--Originally posted by Nofreetime—
“PTR’s are obsolete Fudd Sticks.”
Sabre5G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:33 AM   #18
crotalus
Devil in Baggy Pants
Silver Contributor

PSA said a supervisor was going to call, no calls....good.
PSA/DDI sell themselves as American made business, take care of their customers, but they don't...Good.
PSA wants to have their only customer service line set up for altering orders, not helping their customers...Good.
DDI wants to play mickey mouse games and delete emails without ever really reading them...Good.
PSA thought it would be better to string me out rather than give a simple yes or no answer...Good.

I know another company not to recommend, I'm glad that I get to steer other guys with worse health than mine to local and small shops like Lee Armory, In Range Inc, etc.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:49 AM   #19
ÄÄCHMED HÄZÄÄMÄT

I am happy I've never had a problem with their CS or products. I would make it a mission to get them to do right by me as I have the time.

I did push to get free shipping on an upper. Their policy is anything ordered within 24hrs they would give you the better deal. I had to push the issue. Wait on hold a little. She sounded reluctant but delivered. I am done buying AR's now. The only thing that I might order in the future would be D&H mag deals, spare BCG's, and still hoping for another $99 blem LRBHO Glock carbine lower.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:14 PM   #20
Mattylight30
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 172152

Im a huge fan of their product lines but the blatant lack of customer service is unacceptable.
Mattylight30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:27 PM   #21
steve462x0

AKaholic #: 192617

I guess I'm lucky. I live within seven miles of a store and never have had an issue with their customer service or products, either AK or AR. The people that work in my store are friendly and professional.
steve462x0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:31 PM   #22
Raging Bull

AKaholic #: 182284

I just contacted PSA and they are no longer affiliated with DDI. The only way to have any customer service work done is by contacting DDI at customerservice@ddiarms.com. Theres no phone number, just that email address. The webpage isn't working so I'm not holding my breath. Looks like we're on our own with DDI. I'll post if I get anywhere with them or I may just tackle that gas lever myself.
Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:42 PM   #23
Raging Bull

AKaholic #: 182284

Update on DDI. I just checked my email and their email isn't working (bounced back with an email is misconfigured error). If you own a DDI, you're on your own. There is no one to contact.
Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:55 PM   #24
crotalus
Devil in Baggy Pants
Silver Contributor

Thanks for that info on DDI's email. There was a link that 68490 posted in the AK-47 section that PSA made an announcement about not covering the warranty from DDI. I doubt that many owners know about it.

When Trump said "All talk no action" about American politicians I guess David Fillers decided that was a battle cry for his business and political aspirations. Hopefully he won't destroy his family name and reputation to the point that the bank account he wants to leave for his kids ends up being pointless.

But I'm sure money matters more than anything else.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:49 PM   #25
Palmetto State Armory
Vendor

AKaholic #: 182740

I apologize for such a late response. We are no longer affiliated with DDI in any way. The owner of DDI, David Fillers will warranty their products. Here is his contact info:

david.fillers@ddiarms.com

sales@agsarmament.com

Thank you,

Josiah
Palmetto State Armory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:12 AM   #26
crotalus
Devil in Baggy Pants
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto State Armory View Post
I apologize for such a late response. We are no longer affiliated with DDI in any way. The owner of DDI, David Fillers will warranty their products. Here is his contact info:

david.fillers@ddiarms.com

sales@agsarmament.com

Thank you,

Josiah
Is it normal for you guys to not call people at all when you say you're going to call them that day? Blowing me off like that really bugged me - created a very cynical, sarcastic, and negative view of your company and the way it conducts itself... It pretty much said "we don't want you to stay as one of our customers". I don't own any PSA AR's anymore, and I won't own another one of your products. I would have thought I would have at least been worth the email or phone call back.

If you can't be cordial or respectful and call, or even email me... why would I want to purchase anything Palmetto State?

Last edited by crotalus; 12-05-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:43 PM   #27
Palmetto State Armory
Vendor

If I was in your situation, I don't doubt that I would feel the same way. We are working on staffing our customer service better so that experiences like this will never happen again. I apologize for your experience, and hope that your health is improving. If you wish to talk, I am going to PM my cell number to you.

Respectfully,

Josiah
Old 12-07-2017, 08:19 PM   #28
Claymore
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 186415

I respect you guys for getting back involved here. It is a positive step for PSA.

I am curious, and I think it will clarify this for a lot of folks here:

I thought PSA bought out DDI?

Is DDI back to being a separate entity?

John 14:6

DEATH TO ANTIFA!
Claymore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:22 AM   #29
Palmetto State Armory
Vendor

DDI and us are completely separate. We have no affiliation with each other. It was/is confusing, but we are separate entities. DDI will warranty their products, and we will warranty ours.

Thank you,

Josiah
Old 12-08-2017, 06:26 PM   #30
Palmetto State Armory
Vendor

For the record, PSA became one of three owners of DDI in June 2016. On the business side, the relationship between the owners deteriorated. PSA withdrew as an owner of DDI in September 2017.

While the two companies were affiliated, PSA serviced the warranties and provided customer service. Now that the affiliation and relationship has ended, PSA no longer provides those services. If you have any warranty issues with a DDI product, please contact the current ownership of DDI at david.fillers@ddiarms.com.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #31
crotalus
Devil in Baggy Pants
Silver Contributor

David Fillers isn't accepting shit. I don't think it's going to help anyone because all he does is delete emails as they come in.

I'm not angry about the warranty. I already figured with the way things were looking that I was getting the shaft and was going to be left with an expensive parts build...It irritates me that someone can say "we'll call you today" and that turns into someone coming onto a forum at the end of the year... forced to change the way things appear, that the now expired warranty work should be covered by a guy who worships money...

I'm sorry for coming off as an angry person. I was not expecting things to turn out this way or take this long.

EDIT: I shouldn't have said delete them as they come in. From my point of view it looked like he would send a quick reply directing me back to you every time and would always forget who I was and what I was emailing him about. I took it as he was deleting my emails or didn't give a rats ass.

Last edited by crotalus; 12-09-2017 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:18 AM   #32
ÄÄCHMED HÄZÄÄMÄT

Looks like PSA needs to man up.

Either that IZ we talking wire fraud?
Old 12-09-2017, 10:47 PM   #33
RockyTop1911
More AKs Please!

AKaholic #: 186184

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÄÄCHMED HÄZÄÄMÄT View Post
Looks like PSA needs to man up.

Either that IZ we talking wire fraud?
Both companies seem to have issues with customer service from what I read on this forum.
"The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon." George Washington "Runaway government threatens our economic survival, our most cherished institutions, and the very preservation of freedom itself." Ronald Reagan "It depends upon what the meaning of the word is, is." William Jefferson Clinton "I've now been in 57 states." Barack Hussein Obama
RockyTop1911 is online now   Reply With Quote