Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Gear & Accessories

Notices

Old 07-20-2018, 05:59 AM   #1
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

AKaholic #: 194920
Location: Russia, Oryol ZenitCo AK parts official international dealer.
Default Russian Alfa Arms parts

We now stock Alfa Arms accessories. Guess they are not widely known in USA, so here is a brief list of what they make:

Tis keymod handguard. Machined from aluminum brick. Fits stamped receiver AK. As Zenitco dealer we can't advertise cross brand compatibility, but Alfa Arms claims it's compatible with cover.

Handguard has it's own gas tube cover (Tis NK keymod), mounts on keymod slots.

Troy style Reef railed gas tubes. Same quality, but much cheaper. For AK and Vepr-12 Molot.

Vepr-12 Molot EFA handguards. Both railed and keymod. I saw them on sale in US, but heavy overpriced.

Goliaf Krink quadrail.

Now they are producing long AK Keymod handgards. Mlok will be available too, within a month. Looks like it'll be first Russian made long Mlok handguard on the market.
Unfortunately we can't sell suppressors to US, but they have interesting QD AK specific model.
In general, Alfa Arms parts are a little less quality then Zenitco. They are switching to full CNC manufacturing now, so everything should become perfect.
Questions are welcome.
Instagram: @medved_ivan_store
Ivan The Bear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:03 AM   #2
Combloc_Cody

AKaholic #: 194426

The Goliaf Krink quadrail, can we get some more info on this? Pictures of it installed?
Combloc_Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:08 AM   #3
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combloc_Cody View Post
The Goliaf Krink quadrail, can we get some more info on this? Pictures of it installed?
We requested new photos from the manufacturer. Previous generation looked like this:
Old 07-20-2018, 11:46 PM   #4
Funkerman

AKaholic #: 175301

Will all of these hand guards still be able to store the cleaning rod? I have not heard too much about the Alfa brand as much as the heavily modded AK rifles of the same name( much like how we use "krinkov" for the AKS-74U). How are they lesser quality: is it fit and finish, consistency/compatibility or are they not as durable?
Funkerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 04:14 AM   #5
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkerman View Post
Will all of these hand guards still be able to store the cleaning rod? I have not heard too much about the Alfa brand as much as the heavily modded AK rifles of the same name( much like how we use "krinkov" for the AKS-74U). How are they lesser quality: is it fit and finish, consistency/compatibility or are they not as durable?
Tis keymod can accomodate cleaning rod. Long ones (Aspid) are in production now, but should be able to store it too. Weíll contact Alfa for that info.
As for the quality: they are less consistent then Zenitco ones. Most times it doesnít affect anything, but looks not as superior as Zenitco. And they are painted instead of anodizing.
Alfa bought new CNC machines, so all new products should be higher quality now.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:49 AM   #6
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Long one prototype. Gas tube cover is not cut yet. This batch will be fully CNC machined using new CNC mills.

Last edited by Ivan The Bear; 07-21-2018 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:53 PM   #7
Fiorina

AKaholic #: 169033

Can you get any AK to AR buffer tube adapters for folding stocks? I’m spending too much at your store! Zenit railed topcover, full length upper lower rails, and a vfg.
Fiorina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:38 AM   #8
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorina View Post
Can you get any AK to AR buffer tube adapters for folding stocks? Iím spending too much at your store! Zenit railed topcover, full length upper lower rails, and a vfg.
We have two types of Armacon 5.5mm side folder to AR tube adapters:
https://ivantactical.com/shop/weapon...-tube-adapter/

https://ivantactical.com/shop/weapon...e-adapter-v-2/
Old 07-22-2018, 06:50 AM   #9
Fiorina

AKaholic #: 169033

Can you get anything that will work with 4.5mm folders?
Fiorina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:53 AM   #10
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorina View Post
Can you get anything that will work with 4.5mm folders?
Actually there are no such adapters here cause 4,5mm is used only in AKS-74U, so no market in Russia for it.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:29 PM   #11
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Long keymod handguard prototype. Available within a couple if weeks.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:19 AM   #12
wolf762

AKaholic #: 193313

Only thing they got right on long handguard is the kept the slot for the sling loop. Otherwise I doubt their will be any interest in US. We already had a USA company try that type of rail (chaos USA ) and that company had no traction on the akfiles . You cannot even use your front sight with the prototype shown . I have a suggestion for Alfa arms to sell well in USA.

1. Skip to Mlok . USA buys MLok firearm parts in WAY greater numbers than key mod . It also looks much better .
2. Rethink the long upper . Not so block like. Not so long . We care more about space and length on the bottom handguard much more .. A high majority AK owners use ultimak so make sure lower rail can stand on its own rock solid .
Quote:
Originally Posted by love my ak47 View Post
Dude you look at your Arsenal rifle wrong and it voids the Warranty
wolf762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 03:55 AM   #13
Funkerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf762 View Post
Only thing they got right on long handguard is the kept the slot for the sling loop. Otherwise I doubt their will be any interest in US. We already had a USA company try that type of rail (chaos USA ) and that company had no traction on the akfiles . You cannot even use your front sight with the prototype shown . I have a suggestion for Alfa arms to sell well in USA.

1. Skip to Mlok . USA buys MLok firearm parts in WAY greater numbers than key mod . It also looks much better .
2. Rethink the long upper . Not so block like. Not so long . We care more about space and length on the bottom handguard much more .. A high majority AK owners use ultimak so make sure lower rail can stand on its own rock solid .
With all due respect (and my profound gratitude for selling to us in the states): Wolf has a very good point. Mlok is a safer bet for sales over Keymod. Especially after that military torture test of both Mlok and Keymod, where Mlok won: Mlok is a better investment. I myself am waiting for the Mlok version of the lower hand guard. He also has a point about the 'long' version. For better or worse, the Ultimak gas tube mount has gained a stubborn and robust foothold on the US AK market. If that lower hand guard is, and stays, rock solid you have a very attractive product in Mlok. It NEEDS to be durable, and this need applies to both 'long' and 'standard' length versions of the lower hand guard. It has more to offer than the TDI lower hand guard if they maintain compatibility with other Russian 'accessory makers'... Zenitco would do well to consider adopting/ incorporating mlok into their products as well. But, all this is just my opinion. It is not mean to insult in anyway. Once again: Thank you for reaching out to the US!!

EDIT: By durable I mean it is more important that the mount not get loose on the rifle over time. If zero can't be maintained then that is an issue that can't be overlooked. Finishes are nice but they can be reapplied.

EDIT: Perhaps Mlok isn't the best idea.

Last edited by Funkerman; 07-29-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-29-2018, 07:02 AM   #14
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Quote:

I partially agree. Keymod variant is targeted mostly on Russian market because of lack of mlok accessories here. We donít even have mlok rails now.
Mlok handguards are now under development.
The major difference between this rail and Chaos ones is that Alfa Arms allows to put Zenitco receiver cover on it.
And you actually can use iron sights. The photo i posted was not very representative.
Old 07-29-2018, 07:34 AM   #15
Unit28
(((DB)))

AKaholic #: 176712

We understand you are not the manufacturer and appreciate the insight and your connection to the designers of the parts. Please don’t view our feedback in any other way than simply a way to listen to the consumer.

Thank you for coming to the forum, more authentic Russian parts are a good thing.
(((DB #28)))
Crosstown
Unit28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:37 AM   #16
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit28 View Post
We understand you are not the manufacturer and appreciate the insight and your connection to the designers of the parts. Please donít view our feedback in any other way than simply a way to listen to the consumer.

Thank you for coming to the forum, more authentic Russian parts are a good thing.
Actually, listening to the consumer is the most important thing right now, because Russian accessories marked started to grow rapidly. I think weíll send some parts to somebody of US based youtubers for tests.
Old 07-29-2018, 07:53 AM   #17
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Quote:
Zenitco would do well to consider adopting/ incorporating mlok into their products as well.
Btw i spoke to Zenitco CEO and owner Nikolay Gorbunov. He said that in his opinion m-lok is not reliable enough for Russian military, so they will continue to produce M1913 rails only.
Also Russian school of SF training includes prolonged full auto firing in close quaters. Mlok and keymod systems can cause burns in that case.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:32 AM   #18
Disburse-Now
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 79142

Interesting information. It is all ways insightful to view the new offerings and gain some insight into manufacture and use.
I like it when we in the US are able to get firearms specific parts from Russia into the USA. Have never been for the restrictions on the import of Russian rifles into the US.
So the Russians have been able to export AK rifles (Saiga and others) to some 120 other countries while the US penalizes its own citizens in the name of political correctness.
It is also interesting to gain some understanding of the philosophy and practical use involved in both modern Russian Infantry and their SF units.
Disburse-Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:53 AM   #19
wolf762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan The Bear View Post
Actually, listening to the consumer is the most important thing right now, because Russian accessories marked started to grow rapidly. I think weíll send some parts to somebody of US based youtubers for tests.

@Robski
Quote:
Old 07-29-2018, 02:37 PM   #20
Funkerman

Quote:
Btw i spoke to Zenitco CEO and owner Nikolay Gorbunov. He said that in his opinion m-lok is not reliable enough for Russian military, so they will continue to produce M1913 rails only.
Also Russian school of SF training includes prolonged full auto firing in close quaters. Mlok and keymod systems can cause burns in that case.
I didn't know that, but I am glad you posted that. I was under the assumption that Mlok didn't have that issue. Thank you again good Sir!
Old 07-30-2018, 07:12 AM   #21
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Quote:
@Robski
Yes, we were thinking of AKOU. They know how to test AK parts.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:53 PM   #22
wolf762

Quote:
Yes, we were thinking of AKOU. They know how to test AK parts.
Yes and getting his approval will yield more sales .

I think he buys all his stuff so heís sure to get a production unit and not special prepped one . But your wanting to send just accessories so Iím eager to know too .

Iíve ordered twice from you thus far . PayPal acceptance was my main reason. You have found a good place here and I wish nothing but the best for your operation.
Quote:
Old 08-24-2018, 06:41 AM   #23
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Long keymod handguards are produced. Aspid and Aspid NK gas tube cover:

Mlok within a couple of weeks.
Weíll also have Mlok Krink handguards.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:24 PM   #24
Funkerman

Pardon, but are there any updates on the Alfa Mlok lower handguards, or has that idea been scrapped?
Old 09-09-2018, 07:15 AM   #25
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Quote:
Pardon, but are there any updates on the Alfa Mlok lower handguards, or has that idea been scrapped?
The first batch is ready. They need to be anodized and weíll list them for sale.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:16 AM   #26
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

First photo from the factory.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:08 PM   #27
MacgyverMinded

AKaholic #: 169956

Nice! Looks like it will have a QD swivel point like the TDI Rail? What are you expecting MSRP to be?
MacgyverMinded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:40 PM   #28
Funkerman

Does Alfa plan on keeping the cross brand compatibility going with these MLok handguards? There also another pic up on VK.com and this handguard looks very nice! Lots of mounting slots AND space for airflow. I'm certainly interested. I hope that the MLok also can still store the cleaning rod.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:41 AM   #29
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacgyverMinded View Post
Nice! Looks like it will have a QD swivel point like the TDI Rail? What are you expecting MSRP to be?
About 115 usd. Long one will also be produced.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:42 AM   #30
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Quote:
Does Alfa plan on keeping the cross brand compatibility going with these MLok handguards? There also another pic up on VK.com and this handguard looks very nice! Lots of mounting slots AND space for airflow. I'm certainly interested. I hope that the MLok also can still store the cleaning rod.
Alfa claims B-33 compatibility. We havenít tested it actually.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:24 PM   #31
Funkerman

Pardon the ask but, any word from Alfa on the MLok handgaurds? I haven't seen any news on their VK (or BK) page but I wanted to ask here as well. God bless and keep you, sirs!
Old 09-25-2018, 02:17 AM   #32
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Quote:
Pardon the ask but, any word from Alfa on the MLok handgaurds? I haven't seen any news on their VK (or BK) page but I wanted to ask here as well. God bless and keep you, sirs!
Hi. They will ship them to us on Monday.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:02 PM   #33
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

It’s not as fast as we wanted, but they will soon be ready. Long ones.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:24 AM   #34
Funkerman

Pardon, but has Alfa decided to abandon the MLok lower hand guard as a product idea? I don't mean to sound rude but I wanted to ask.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:41 AM   #35
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Quote:
Pardon, but has Alfa decided to abandon the MLok lower hand guard as a product idea? I don't mean to sound rude but I wanted to ask.
No, itís still in work. The thing is that main Alfa product is QD suppressor for AK platform and most machine time is dedicated to it. Mlok handguards will be available very soon.