Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 04-13-2013, 01:23 AM   #386
David Teague
Droll Moderator

AKaholic #: 162037

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadScorpius View Post
Why the fuck is Deinstein's name on this thread title?
It's pretty fucken obvious why, if you take a look at all the pages in this thread.

http://www.novarata.net/images/n/teague-sigpic-357.jpg

Last edited by David Teague; 04-13-2013 at 01:29 AM.
David Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #387
RadScorpius
Twinkie

AKaholic #: 164660

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Teague View Post
It's pretty fucken obvious why, if you take a look at all the pages in this thread.
We gave her too much credit, her name is even in the thread title now.

AK barrels hardness testing results.
RadScorpius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #388
spippin

AKaholic #: 61872

Quote:
Originally Posted by def90 View Post
A few real world women with AKs..

^^^^^^ Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.... Pure awesomeness.....
Old 04-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #389
RadScorpius
Twinkie

AKaholic #: 164660

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanrichmond View Post
Really? I thought it was her Lurchesque chin

The real question is what gun is that?

AK barrels hardness testing results.
RadScorpius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #390
David Teague
Droll Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spippin View Post
^^^^^^ Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.... Pure awesomeness.....
Guys... in the large number of pages in this thread... all of those photos have already been posted more than once.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #391
LibertyHead

AKaholic #: 166684
Default From Page 7....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disburse-Now View Post
Vini - I hate to break it to you (and no disrespect intended or implied)- but in most of the un-occupied States, driving in a car carring a rifle in your trunk unloaded is not a felony - its a symptom of Freedom . Here in Florida, you can carry a pistol (or rifle in your trunk ) in your trunk or glove compartment with out a special license or carry permit as long as there are three specific actions that have to be taken to acquire it - that being it is in a closed glove compartment inside a holster, and takes three specific actions to retrieve it. To carry one concealed on your person you need a Carry Permit or CCW. In most Southern and Western States you can drive around all day with any rifle in the trunk of your car - and I often have and many others as well, whether I'm going to a range or not. I was pulled over in Louisiana some years ago by a Louisiana HWY Patrol over my License Tag Light - as the officer was about to finish writing my ticket he asked me if there were any firearms in my car and I said that there were indeed three - an SKS, a .223 Norinco BWK 92 Sporter (An .223 AK) and a Baretta Pistol. I told him where they were - in a duffle bag in the back of my car, which had no trunk it was a hatch back - he looked the guns over and said to me -"There is no law in Louisiana against driving around with firearms in your vehicle on any roads "(I was on an Interstate Highway), and then proceeded to try and purchase my .223 AK. I still have the AK and still drive around when ever it suits my fancy with an AK in the trunk or a Pistol in the trunk or sometimes several at a time. That is something called Freedom among Free Men, in Free States. By the way Guys - Nice Photo's - very well done - er - most of them....

In Freedom - From Central Florida............
DN,

Yes FLA is among the top Freedom Loving states!!!
We set alot of 1st's in the country such as the 1st state to issue CWP in '87', 1st SYG in '05' etc, etc.
But I have to take issue with a couple of your comments...

1st issue) While I applaud you for trying to make the "occupied" see the proverbial "light",
I hate to break it to you (and no disrespect intended or implied either), but I have to call "BS" or "Old Wives Tale" on the "three specific actions" aka
the infamous "3 step rule" in FLA Law for those that don't possess a CWP.
Call it what you will but it's wrong. Now, different states have different regulations regarding carrying in a vehicle,
but Florida says it's fine and dandy as long as it's in the glove box or encased somewhere other than your immediate person.
Some argue that it maybe implied but no set in stone rule.
Just like those that say it's illegal to drive barefoot down here, it's the mythical unicorn in that respect.
(The main thing our state is concerned with is immediate accessibility.)

The law is pretty specific and for sake of space I'll post just the important parts that apply here.
Feel free to evaluate it in it's entirety when you get the time.

1st let's cover the main crux of 790.01 and keep in mind the Bold here as you read .25.
"790.01 Carrying concealed weapons.--
(2) A person who carries a concealed firearm on or about his or her person commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084."

Now on to section 25:
"790.25 Lawful ownership, possession, and use of firearms and other weapons.
(1) DECLARATION OF POLICY.—The Legislature finds as a matter of public policy and fact that it is necessary to promote firearms safety and to curb and prevent the use of firearms and other weapons in crime and by incompetent persons without prohibiting the lawful use in defense of life, home, and property, and the use by United States or state military organizations, and as otherwise now authorized by law, including the right to use and own firearms for target practice and marksmanship on target practice ranges or other lawful places, and lawful hunting and other lawful purposes.

(2) USES NOT AUTHORIZED.—(a) This section does not authorize carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, as prohibited by ss. 790.01 and 790.02.
(b) The protections of this section do not apply to the following:1. A person who has been adjudged mentally incompetent, who is addicted to the use of narcotics or any similar drug, or who is a habitual or chronic alcoholic, or a person using weapons or firearms in violation of ss. 790.07-790.115, 790.145-790.19, 790.22-790.24;
2. Vagrants and other undesirable persons as defined in 1s. 856.02;
3. A person in or about a place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05, unless such person is there for law enforcement or some other lawful purpose.

(This is Important to remember as it specifically sides with the law abiding)
(4) CONSTRUCTION.—This act shall be liberally construed to carry out the declaration of policy herein and in favor of the constitutional right to keep and bear arms for lawful purposes. This act is supplemental and additional to existing rights to bear arms now guaranteed by law and decisions of the courts of Florida, and nothing herein shall impair or diminish any of such rights. This act shall supersede any law, ordinance, or regulation in conflict herewith.

OK let's get to the meat and potatoes of this discussion:

"(5) POSSESSION IN PRIVATE CONVEYANCE.—Notwithstanding subsection (2), it is lawful and is not a violation of s. 790.01 for a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm or other weapon for self-defense or other lawful purpose within the interior of a private conveyance, without a license, if the firearm or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. Nothing herein contained prohibits the carrying of a legal firearm other than a handgun anywhere in a private conveyance when such firearm is being carried for a lawful use. Nothing herein contained shall be construed to authorize the carrying of a concealed firearm or other weapon on the person. This subsection shall be liberally construed in favor of the lawful use, ownership, and possession of firearms and other weapons, including lawful self-defense as provided in s. 776.012."

and here's the definition of securely encased and readily available...

"Securely encased is defined as encased in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; in a snapped holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access. Readily accessible for immediate use means that a firearm or other weapon is carried on the person or within such close proximity and in such a manner that it can be retrieved and used as easily and quickly as if carried on the person."

Note:
In respect to FSS 790.25, the courts have defined "securely encased" to mean that a handgun must be in a container and that said container must be closed [in the case of glove box, console, briefcase, carton, etc.] or, where the container does not have a device that completely closes the opening, the weapon must be retained in the container by an installed or attached restraining device [safety strap in the case of a holster or closed zipper for a gun case] and the restraining/safety device must be engaged.

So the statute is pretty clear... Notwithstanding subsection (2), it is lawful and is not a violation of s. 790.01 ...to possess a concealed firearm or other weapon for self-defense or other lawful purpose within the interior of a private conveyance, without a license, if the firearm or other weapon is encased in a glove compartment/center console, whether or not locked(does not have to be in a holster); in a snapped holster(anywhere); in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.

Best thing I highly recommend for all my buds that live here if they haven't done it yet,
is to get Jon H. Gutmacher Esq.'s Book "Florida Firearms; Law, Use & Ownership"
(The "Green Book" as it's called, is used by some departments to train new officers.)
Buy your own copy!!! http://www.floridafirearmslaw.com/
All of my ramblings can best be summed up by him:

"Most questions on firearms law concern where a person can legally carry a handgun in a vehicle, with or without a concealed permit, here's the short answer on what's definitely "securely encased":

* in a snapped holster - anywhere - loaded or unloaded.
* in a closed console - loaded or unloaded.
* in a closed glove compartment - loaded or unloaded.
* in a zippered gun case - loaded or unloaded.
* in any other type of closed container which the gun cannot be fired from until withdrawn - loaded or unloaded."

This the easy correct answer. If you do the above, you're legal in Florida except in certain special situations related to schools.

So to summarize:
As long as the handgun is in some kind of Holster, Bag, Enclosure, Box, or container that is secured with a clasp, lid, zipper, strap, flap or other device, so that in order to fire or use weapon, the device must be first opened, removed or undone, you should be fine.

Not 3 steps...

Just to drive the point home here's a link to an article by another Prominent Firearm Attorney here in the Sunshine State:
http://blogs.naplesnews.com/florida-...step-rule.html

2nd issue) If you look at the underlined italics portion of Subsection(5), you'll notice that as long as it's not a handgun you are free to keep it anywhere in the vehicle.
IOW you don't have to keep the AK in the trunk.
The back seat/floor would be fine.
In the case of a truck it should also be fine to place behind/under the seat or even the passenger side floor if you don't have an extended cab.

It doesn't have to be concealed/encased either as case law has determined that a rifle is not readily accessible for immediate use, whether loaded or not.
A CWP is not required either if the rifle/shotty is in plain sight.
Although a little exercise in commonsense should preclude that you won't be that "test case"
IOW left disputing the "Green Book" with the occasional officer that doesn't know the law.

For those who aren't from the Gun Friendly State simple:
When in doubt, go to www.packing.org and look up your state.
DO NOT ask the cop on the beat because some know little about the letter of the law and can pass along as much bad karma as anyone.
If the information from a particular state's website is confusing you, then call the local prosecutor's office, but get the word from the horse's mouth, not the horse's ass.

The easiest answer though is to just get your damn Permit!!!

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. YMMV

And Now we return you to our regularly scheduled programming....

God Bless and Stay Safe,
___________________LH out....
"On every question of construction, let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823, The Complete Jefferson, p. 322.
LibertyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #392
LibertyHead

Default 1 more to make up for that long diatribe...:)

1 for you, irierider..
Ain't no thang but a chick'n wang on a strang....

God Bless and Stay Safe,
___________________LH out...
"On every question of construction, let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823, The Complete Jefferson, p. 322.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #393
LibertyHead

Default I promise I have better 1's...;)

And another tat lady for ya....
I know some of you may think this questionable but I can't see an Adam's apple.(the AK's nice...)

She looks better here:

God Bless and Stay Safe,
___________________LH out...

Last edited by LibertyHead; 04-15-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #394
mojo00
AK SNOB

AKaholic #: 9021

libertarians can suck my sweaty balls
mojo00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #395
Barth
Likes Suchkas

AKaholic #: 168359
Default I can't tell if this is a Saiga 12 variant? And I'm not sure I care...

Barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #396
Lenin

AKaholic #: 162749

That's an H&K still hot, but I'm thinking I need to visit the eastern block
Old 04-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #397
Disburse-Now
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 79142

LH - Very nice Photo. Your explanation of what is Legal in regards to carry in FL is even more liberal (if I may use that term) than even I intended to imply, but I am sure is enlightening to any who read it. In general I attempted to distill the essence of carrying in FL to what I have allways understood it to be - the firearm in a location in the vecicle in which there are actions (steps) that are needed to pass thru in order to get to the firearm (pistol or revolver for sake of this reply) - ie; in a closed glove compartment, or trunk, that takes an action or step to open, in a box or carrying option that takes a step or action to open, and then the action or step of removing the firearm from the holster or storage compartment. What you have described is simpler than my own description, and underlies what I was intending to describe - that in FL and in most Southern and Western States the carrying of handguns and rifles in vehicles is not unusual and not illegal, provided certain storage and travel methods are utilized. Thanks for your detailed comments. Very informative.
Disburse-Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #398
archangel41

AKaholic #: 159825

archangel41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #399
shifty_85
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 155065

MAK-90 she owns it!

i know not an AK but still damn sexy.

i know another not AK but everyone loves a girl with a .50 BMG!
PAP M92 *pistol can carry locked and loaded in my car!
Rock island armory 1911 Tac .45ACP
bushmaster BAR-10 .308. Takes FAL mags
Polytech M14s
Saiga 12 gauge *converted*
Savage 30-30 bolt action.
M995 hi-point 9mm carbine.
Remington 870.
1965 enfield ishapore .308 bolt action
1943 Free .303 Enfield project gun
1941 SVT-40 *TLC DONE!*
shifty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:24 AM   #400
Barth
Likes Suchkas

Default Not an AK. But who gives a ......

Old 04-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #401
Barth
Likes Suchkas

Default Heavy Artillery

Old 04-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #402
Barth
Likes Suchkas

Default Red Star Arms

Old 04-22-2013, 12:15 AM   #403
mojo00
AK SNOB

Old 04-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #404
jpak47

AKaholic #: 167559

Quote:
Indian village defence committee, VDC member Renu Bala aiming targete during a training camp organized by Indian army to protect themselves and their homes from militants at Sarya village near Indo-Pak line of control about 140 KM from the Northern Indian city of Jammu, winter capital of Kashmir on 16 March, 2008. 27 women from Sarya village have been trained to use AK-47s and other heavy-duty weapons. Training of VDC members at regular interval would imbibe a sense of self-confidence and boost their confidence in dealing with an adverse situation, Indian army officer said.
jpak47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #405
msu89dawgs

AKaholic #: 137200

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo00 View Post
Third pin on the MPiKM raises her score...
msu89dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #406
Barth
Likes Suchkas

Default In the heat of the action she forgot to put her shirt on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commiegun View Post
Most of them look like they already know how to hold it
Most of them have been practicing.

Last edited by Barth; 04-22-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #407
allesennogwat
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 3738

Old 04-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #408
M2

AKaholic #: 8249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barth View Post
Most of them have been practicing.
That's a Vz58.
M2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #409
David Teague
Droll Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by allesennogwat View Post
FTW!

In bullets: "I love you".

In print: "And I wont forgive unfaithfulness".

Old 04-22-2013, 11:09 PM   #410
mojo00
AK SNOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Teague View Post
FTW!

In bullets: "I love you".

In print: "And I wont forgive unfaithfulness".
Here I thought it said, "This isnt an AK"
Old 04-23-2013, 02:25 AM   #411
allesennogwat
Curio & Relic

Last edited by IanMor; 06-18-2013 at 10:10 PM.
allesennogwat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #412
SA-85

AKaholic #: 158651

Quote:
Originally Posted by allesennogwat View Post
NOOOOOO my worst nightmare...a freaking bajazzled AKM. AS if those damn bajazzled cell phone cases were not horrible enough. My day is now ruined.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #413
ostaF

AKaholic #: 162902

ostaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #414
whitelightning777
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 166533

Quote:
Originally Posted by atakacorp View Post
My OL and her Romanian girlfriend

That's an awesome hog she got. There is just something about old European charm. If she had a PSL, y'all could probably get an elephant or something.
whitelightning777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #415
Dave Williams
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 163660

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA-85 View Post
NOOOOOO my worst nightmare...a freaking bajazzled AKM. AS if those damn bajazzled cell phone cases were not horrible enough. My day is now ruined.

That's not bling, that's chainmail armor. Way cooler.
Dave Williams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #416
Barth
Likes Suchkas

Last edited by IanMor; 06-18-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #417
allesennogwat
Curio & Relic

VZ.58

Last edited by IanMor; 06-18-2013 at 10:14 PM.
allesennogwat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #418
David Teague
Droll Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicag View Post
anyone know whats written on them?
"Dragon Nest for everyone, boys"

I have a Russian friend.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #419
mattg72
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 158672

Last edited by IanMor; 06-18-2013 at 10:15 PM.
mattg72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #420
Barth
Likes Suchkas

Last edited by IanMor; 06-18-2013 at 10:15 PM.