Videos by Zeke Shoots on the WBP parts

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...pGLjvtralslKK9
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:00 AM   #72
86250rrippin
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 165448

I didn't notice the wet spot till you said it ......now i'm laughing while im watching it ! Like the sink in some restaurants blasts your pants when you wash your hands!! lol . back to video ..........................

I hope the castings in these hold up well............. You know the barrel is a good one . Keep us posted on this project.

Last edited by 86250rrippin; 02-22-2016 at 11:10 AM.
86250rrippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #73
Christopher67
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 177018

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86250rrippin View Post
Like the sink in some restaurants blasts your pants when you wash your hands!! lol . back to video ..........................

I hope the castings in these hold up well............. You know the barrel is a good one . Keep us posted on this project.

LOL! I hope so as well.
Christopher67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:55 PM   #74
flyguyeddy
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 171611

Sticker shock still has me
flyguyeddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:05 PM   #75
hellayella8888
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 164345

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHRN47 View Post
Since this was assembled by definitive how does it compare to the DAKM 4150?
this build is using the FB Radom Polish barrel..
hellayella8888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:12 PM   #76
Atlantic Firearms
Curio & Relic
Vendor

AKaholic #: 4032

Atlantic Firearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:46 PM   #77
RMiller
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 170327

Like always I look forward to the videos.

Thanks to everybody involved.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327470
RMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:40 PM   #78
Christopher67
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms View Post
OH MY! Thats the most beautiful thing i have ever seen, well next to my wife LOL.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:41 PM   #79
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 182849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher67 View Post
OH MY! Thats the most beautiful thing i have ever seen, well next to my wife LOL.
Almost as pretty as my PSA cast front trunnion....
64890 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:50 AM   #80
Christopher67
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64890 View Post
Almost as pretty as my PSA cast front trunnion....
Old 02-23-2016, 02:24 AM   #81
rbox1064
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 173428

So once and for all, are we talking MIM = CAST?
rbox1064 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:33 AM   #82
edorfox

AKaholic #: 174244

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox1064 View Post
So once and for all, are we talking MIM = CAST?
It's OK...it's not Century.
edorfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:37 AM   #83
LIONHART

AKaholic #: 2946

What are these? MIM or investment casts?
LIONHART is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:49 AM   #84
86250rrippin
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by edorfox View Post
It's OK...it's not Century.
There are different grade of castings .Some are of high quality , and then some are like Century's castings .............

Do you have a permanent search for the word "cast" ,rbox1964 ?
Old 02-23-2016, 07:45 AM   #85
esh21167
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 170974

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguyeddy View Post
Sticker shock still has me
I've only seen pricing on the US barreled version for $899. If it were that price with the FB Radom barrel, that wouldn't be ridiculous. Only thing better would be a Childer's receiver.
esh21167 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:07 AM   #86
Atlantic Firearms
Curio & Relic
Vendor

AKaholic #: 4032

Atlantic Firearms will be offering a model built with WBP new parts & the FB Radom barrel and a stock set . We have some of these completed and are currently in the metal finishing process . After that we will complete our testing of the rifles and if all passes offer them for sale. We do not have a final price yet but you can be prepared for higher prices since these are all All New parts and the imported barrels.
Atlantic Firearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:31 AM   #87
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher67 View Post
I won't pay $800 for a combloc forged AK much less $800 for a cast AK though I know I'm in a very small minority during this madness. An AK isn't worth two ARs to me even considering my opinion of ARs.

Century ran their cast rifles 5k rounds. PSA ran their gen1 cast trunnion with forged bolt for 15k rounds. I think Rob is going to run this Polish cast for 5k, call it good enough, and everyone will stampede and buy them for $800.

At least with my PSA gen1 I don't have to worry about cast bolt lugs shattering under 45000CUP in my face....

We've come a long way from these days haven't we, trashing PSA, Century, and Kalashnikov USA?
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240013
Old 02-23-2016, 09:40 AM   #88
Rob Ski
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 173263

Quote:
We've come a long way from these days haven't we, trashing PSA, Century, and Kalashnikov USA?
As a effect of "trashing", both, PSA and Kalashnikv USA promised to level up their parts quality and they will be offering forged trunnions and PSA moved away from Korean parts to US made parts. I would say that this is great win for consumers...
Old 02-23-2016, 10:23 AM   #89
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Ski View Post
As a effect of "trashing", both, PSA and Kalashnikv USA promised to level up their parts quality and they will be offering forged trunnions and PSA moved away from Korean parts to US made parts. I would say that this is great win for consumers...
You couldn't pay me to do what you are doing Rob, outstanding work.

The PSA gen1 cast trunnion with forged bolt was condemned without being tested. Now AKOU is going to compare a $799 cast AK against a $699 forged USA PSA AK. It seems to be a lose lose for you whatever the results are. Seems the WBK rifle is ready for sale soon no matter your test results.

My point is I don't understand why you're even considering testing a rifle with a cast trunnion and cast bolt that could kill you on the next shot given what I've read here in the short time I've been here. Cast=Bad wasn't it?

Then again, I believe if you blessed a pig with lipstick, many would rush to buy it. A great responsibility you have, I thank you again for taking on that responsibility.

Good luck and thanks for your enthusiasm Rob.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:33 AM   #90
Rob Ski
Curio & Relic

Quote:
The PSA gen1 cast trunnion with forged bolt was condemned without being tested. Now AKOU is going to compare a $799 cast AK against a $699 forged USA PSA AK. It seems to be a lose lose for you whatever the results are. Seems the WBK rifle is ready for sale soon no matter your test results.
Honestly, that isn't my issue to worry about, but rather for those, who are going to sell those rifles. I was asked to evaluate parts on this rifle in public and document the progress and this is exactly what i'm doing - no matter what end result will be...

Quote:
My point is I don't understand why you're even considering testing a rifle with a cast trunnion and cast bolt that could kill you on the next shot given what I've read here in the short time I've been here. Cast=Bad wasn't it?
WBP never was part of the original challenge - i din't even knew about their existence. But they decided to step up to the plate and said: "we will play".
Before challenge was issued, we were asking for simple data from the manufacturers tests...something like you see here: 500rds down the pipe and pictures of the components are on display. Every component wear is being documented and it will continue to go that way all the way up to 5000. We will continue to abuse it afterwards as well with follow up, documented reports. As you can see, i have openly showcased deformation of the dove tail and pointed out some other minor things...I'm not hiding anything.
Going back to question about test data from manufacturers, none of the manufacturers in question ever responded to this...Well, we could hear Yeager claiming that his RAS47 went through 50,000 rds without single failure, which is amazing on itself from the barrel longevity point of view only...I will leave it at this.

After all the bitching and moaning, at Shot Show, Kalashnikov USA pledged forged trunnions and PSA said they will have machined trunnions and forged trunnions. PSA also dropped Korean maker in favor of US maker for their parts...Nothing wrong with bringing jobs back to America...;-)

As for fear of my life, lol, as you could notice, i'm wearing my ballistic protection glasses all the time in that video. If you watch my videos, you know that this is rarity for me...So, i took some steps to protect myself.

Quote:
Then again, I believe if you blessed a pig with lipstick, many would rush to buy it. A great responsibility you have, I thank
I honestly don't think that my "blessing" or "criticism" will change anything. People will have tools (in form of video documentation) to make their own, educated decisions on those parts, but that's it.
As for my take on rifles, look, i'm openly critical about Century and IO made rifles and according to them, they had best sales ever, so i don't think that my opinion matters...
At the end of the day, it is you and not me, who pulls the trigger behind your rifle...;-)
Old 02-23-2016, 12:41 PM   #91
Christopher67
Veteran Member

Quote:
I won't pay $800 for a combloc forged AK much less $800 for a cast AK though I know I'm in a very small minority during this madness. An AK isn't worth two ARs to me even considering my opinion of ARs.

Century ran their cast rifles 5k rounds. PSA ran their gen1 cast trunnion with forged bolt for 15k rounds. I think Rob is going to run this Polish cast for 5k, call it good enough, and everyone will stampede and buy them for $800.

At least with my PSA gen1 I don't have to worry about cast bolt lugs shattering under 45000CUP in my face....

So you're saying there will be no Arsenal in your future?

But I hear what you're saying.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:51 PM   #92
frankinnola
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 174065

the damage on the carrier tail is similar to my NPAP with the G2 trigger before I adjusted the sharp edge.
the deforming on the bolt and inside the carrier where the bolts rides could be worrisome.
frankinnola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 03:15 PM   #93
PHRN47

AKaholic #: 180389

How does say an SLR 107 hold up to a G2 trigger?
Old 02-23-2016, 03:28 PM   #94
GroverM10
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 164515

All this talk of "Polish" cast vs CAI vs PSA cast, and how Polish cast is much better. I don't know much about the manufacturing of cast parts. Can someone CLEARLY explain to me HOW Polish cast parts are worlds better than how CAI's or PSA's cast parts are? What, exactly, is the difference between them (other than the generic "well, they're just made better")? I'm trying to follow along here.
GroverM10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 03:34 PM   #95
Rob Ski
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroverM10 View Post
Can someone CLEARLY explain to me HOW Polish cast parts are worlds better than how CAI's or PSA's cast parts are? What, exactly, is the difference between them (other than the generic "well, they're just made better")?
Could you please tell me on what you are basing your assumption that those parts are better than CAI or PSA? I haven't seen any data yet which would suggest this one way or another...just saying.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:38 PM   #96
GroverM10
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Could you please tell me on what you are basing your assumption that those parts are better than CAI or PSA? I haven't seen any data yet which would suggest this one way or another...just saying.
Rob, It's not from you, but in other threads people have claimed that Polish cast is GTG, while others are not. I'm just trying to stay up to date here, and understand how Polish cast parts would be different than Korean or American cast parts (I don't know the manufacturing process or if there are variances of such)?
Old 02-23-2016, 03:40 PM   #97
86250rrippin
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Old 02-23-2016, 03:42 PM   #98
SuperTacOperator44
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 177348

Its just a quality thing I think. What motivation do you have to make things top quality like someones life depended on it. Or in this case what monetary incentive.
Even the Russians (gasp) use cast pars on their AKs. I think, although I forget, they could have casted or still do cast trunions as well so big whoop.
Do you have to have a class III license to get banana clips?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
I take a Norinco 1911 or M14 over any of those fancy ass range toys that are made in Murcia.
^Epic Facepalm^
SuperTacOperator44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 03:54 PM   #99
Rob Ski
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroverM10 View Post
Rob, It's not from you, but in other threads people have claimed that Polish cast is GTG, while others are not. I'm just trying to stay up to date here, and understand how Polish cast parts would be different than Korean or American cast parts (I don't know the manufacturing process or if there are variances of such)?
I hear you man, but the reality is, we know very little about what exactly casting process CAI and Korea uses.
Andrew from Arms of America, posted some insides about casting methods in other threads if my memory serves well. Hopefully he, or someone else with parts manufacturing knowledge will stop by and share it here.
From my own observation, i will tell that i only see "visual differences". For example, on WBP parts, walls on parts are smooth and there is no visible pitting on those parts also that WBP don't have as visible cast lines from molds. That wasn't a case with RAS47 parts, where pitting was clearly visible and cast mold lines were easy to see right away.
Do this matter? I honestly have no clue...
Old 02-23-2016, 04:06 PM   #100
GroverM10
Curio & Relic

Quote:
I hear you man, but the reality is, we know very little about what exactly casting process CAI and Korea uses.
Andrew from Arms of America, posted some insides about casting methods in other threads if my memory serves well. Hopefully he, or someone else with parts manufacturing knowledge will stop by and share it here.
From my own observation, i will tell that i only see "visual differences". For example, on WBP parts, walls on parts are smooth and there is no visible pitting on those parts also that WBP don't have as visible cast lines from molds. That wasn't a case with RAS47 parts, where pitting was clearly visible and cast mold lines were easy to see right away.
Do this matter? I honestly have no clue...
Ok. Thanks for the info Rob!
Old 02-23-2016, 04:09 PM   #101
scttooo

AKaholic #: 178313

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHRN47 View Post
How does say an SLR 107 hold up to a G2 trigger?
I had one in my 107 for a few hundred rounds before switching it out for a ALG AKT. No deformation. Not sure how much that helps since it was ~400 rounds
scttooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:19 PM   #102
AKRAGE
400ft below sea level

AKaholic #: 159787

Quote:
Well, we could hear Yeager claiming that his RAS47 went through 50,000 rds without single failure, which is amazing on itself from the barrel longevity point of view only...I will leave it at this.
Anyone with common sense will clearly see that Yeager is full of shit. I find it kinda of funny how Yeager signs up with CAI, claims G2 triggers are complete crap and claims his RAS47 ran 50k flawless all around the same time frame.
This Post Above Has Been Approved By An Independent Moderation Team And Has Been Deemed A Non-Contentless Thread With Synopsis. If This Post Has Offended You In Any Way Safer Reading Material Can Be Obtained From CNN.
AKRAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:39 PM   #103
Curio & Relic

Quote:
At the end of the day, it is you and not me, who pulls the trigger behind your rifle...;-)
You are correct. That's why I grabbed another Opap before they disappeared. I fear the cheap AK is gone and $800 is the new entry level AK. Let's see what the Wasr returns for....

Bad enough for me throwing a quarter into the woods every time I pull the trigger. In the long run, probably doesn't matter I'm running cast, the rifle will never see 1000 rounds from me.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:32 PM   #104
polishak

AKaholic #: 3411

Great review! I built a Hungarian Underfolder from a parts kit for a customer. I used a G2 trigger group... I love them I love the G2! They are always a good trigger group, but this rifle had a bad bolt carrier "tail" and it deformed the customer continued firing it until it jammed into the recoil spring and cover lock I had to hammer it forward with a rawhide mallet. He fired 1000+ rounds through it, I have built over 70 different ak rifles milled and stamped. This is the only one I have ever seen cause a problem. But I have heard the Hungarian bolt carriers can deform. What was shown here is nothing compared to the bolt carrier I had to fix for him. If you have a Hungarian rifle keep your eye on that part of the bolt carrier. As far as cast parts. Russia has used cast AKM components just the small components since 1972? And Ruger makes their money by casting their firearm parts.
polishak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:41 PM   #105
rebootit

AKaholic #: 167382
Default Results?

Sorry to resurrect a dead topic but how did this turn out. Reason I ask is a customer is sending me a AOA Polish kit with the Beryl rail mount. The kit is advertised as forged trunnions and I haven't seen it yet to even guess at the quality. He's one of those cost makes no difference I just want this kit built. The link he sent is for this set. It should be a decent parts kit even if the price seems way high.
rebootit is offline   Reply With Quote