Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 11-14-2016, 02:23 PM   #1
GREEK AK

AKaholic #: 172212
Default WASR 10 $629.95 SHIPPED

Looks like price drops have already started. Tombstone Tactical has wasr10's for $629.95 shipped. That is not bad at all for those looking to pick one up.

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/ca...5in-30rd-wood/
GREEK AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:38 PM   #2
SuperTacOperator44
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 177348

Meh....fuck Century Arms lol. When Wasrs hit $499 then you can post a thread like this. They only jacked up the price a few years ago so that their US made garbage guns could compete. Now $630 is a steal....I guess that's all subjective huh but still.
Do you have to have a class III license to get banana clips?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
I take a Norinco 1911 or M14 over any of those fancy ass range toys that are made in Murcia.
^Epic Facepalm^
SuperTacOperator44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:43 PM   #3
TheAKGuru
Legend of Peruvian Folklore

AKaholic #: 186733

wait till they're $500 again
Old 11-14-2016, 02:46 PM   #4
RadScorpius
Twinkie

AKaholic #: 164660

Thanks Donald Trump.

AK barrels hardness testing results.
RadScorpius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:03 PM   #5
Tankboy
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183589

Wait till they're $100 again.
Tankboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:28 PM   #6
Jabes0623
Safe Space Lifeguard

AKaholic #: 173872

Pass.

We, consumers, finally have all the advantages on our side. Kick back have a beer, enjoy the holidays & let's see where prices are next spring & summer before we ratchet the buying back up.
Jabes0623 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:41 PM   #7
kcwater
Class of '13 Strikes Again

AKaholic #: 172456

We have to assume many dealers stocked up for the panic that would have happened if hillary won. February is the weakest month for US retail sales as everyone's holiday credit card bill comes in. Get ready for heavily stocked dealers to try and move some inventory after disappointing November and December sales.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:33 PM   #8
GREEK AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTacOperator44 View Post
Meh....fuck Century Arms lol. When Wasrs hit $499 then you can post a thread like this. They only jacked up the price a few years ago so that their US made garbage guns could compete. Now $630 is a steal....I guess that's all subjective huh but still.
I never said steal, but rather not bad for current market conditions. I'm sitting back and waiting for a few months to wait for the VEPRS and the good stuff to fall price wise. And yes, dealers stocked up fully expecting an HRC win. They'll have to start dumping inventory at some point which sucks for them but is great for the consumer.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:37 PM   #9
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

AKaholic #: 5008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabes0623 View Post
Pass.

We, consumers, finally have all the advantages on our side.
Kick back have a beer, enjoy the holidays & let's see where prices are next spring & summer before we ratchet the buying back up.
Exactly.
We are looking at AT LEAST a few years of zero threats, and zero panics, and a stabilized market short few months away if everyone is patient and waits.

Be patient hobbyists, the prices already receded nearly $170-200 if you count Atlantic's highest recent WASR prices of $770 + $30 shipping.
It's gonna continue to crash backwards.......be patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEK AK View Post
I never said steal, but rather not bad for current market conditions.
I agree, it's not bad for pre-election panic but the market is going to lose it's ass soon.

These guys were all stocking up for the panic profiteering market and now they have inventory sitting, and they need to unload it.
It's going to continue on a downward trend.

AK Files custom search
Aceshigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 04:43 PM   #10
GREEK AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
Exactly.
We are looking at AT LEAST a few years of zero threats, and zero panics, and a stabilized market short few months away if everyone is patient and waits.

Be patient hobbyists, the prices already receded nearly $170-200 if you count Atlantic's highest recent WASR prices of $770 + $30 shipping.
It's gonna continue to crash backwards.......be patient.

I agree, it's not bad for pre-election panic but the market is going to lose it's ass soon.

These guys were all stocking up for the panic profiteering market and now they have inventory sitting, and they need to unload it.

agree 100% AcesHigh (great Ironmaiden song btw) ! Kind of pisses me off that some vendors are almost dissappointed Trump won because of the downturn it will mean for about 3 years until the fear mongering starts at that time.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:47 PM   #11
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

AKaholic #: 5008

Hillary couldn't ban anything overnight and they all knew it.

She needed the Congress and Senate and that was a Huuuuuuuge gamble, which obviously also failed.
These hype markets are most often perpetuated by ignorance in the buying community and there's wolves that love to profit off ignorant buyers.

Amazing how WASR inventory just all the sudden shows up......and there will be more to come.
As they get desperate to sell, prices will continue to dump.
Sit back and watch the wolves starve now.

AK Files custom search
Aceshigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 04:49 PM   #12
GREEK AK

we should set up a sticky that plots AK , ammo and mag prices once a week so that we can compile empirical data that will go beyond anecdotal "proof". Just a thought.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:50 PM   #13
GREEK AK

Quote:

She needed the Congress and Senate and that was a Huuuuuuuge gamble, which obviously also failed.
These hype markets are most often perpetuated by ignorance in the buying community and there's wolves that love to profit off ignorant buyers.

Amazing how WASR inventory just all the sudden shows up......and there will be more to come.
As they get desperate to sell, prices will continue to dump.
Sit back and watch the wolves starve now.
YUP !
Old 11-14-2016, 06:49 PM   #14
4mula
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183879

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAKGuru View Post
wait till they're $500 again
IMO i dont believe we will ever see that price again for a new WASR.
Im thinking when everything levels off, the new 'norm' for WASR prices will be $599 and up.
Im also thinking prices on Arsenal AKs will go back down to the $1000 mark.
In the very highly unlikely event that restrictions get lifted on AKs, prices will go down some more threwout the whole market, mainly on higher end imports that cost stupid amounts at the moment.
It would be sweet to see Siaga's for under 1k.
This is just my opinion.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:55 PM   #15
Martensite
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 188470

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula View Post
IMO i dont believe we will ever see that price again for a new WASR.
Im thinking when everything levels off, the new 'norm' for WASR prices will be $599 and up.
I'm with this guy. Time will tell...
Martensite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:58 PM   #16
deadduck357
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 14612

GREAT NEWS! That's only $30 more than what they were at the beginning of 2016 ($599).

My nephew just got out of the Navy last month and wanted an AK before the election prices hit. I told him he was screwed and everything was crazy. Now with the prices becoming reasonable again he can get a WASR-10.

Thanks America for coming to their senses.
deadduck357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:07 PM   #17
MykTV

AKaholic #: 183421

Sit back and wait people.

Start looking into first aid/food/water, let gun and ammo prices come down.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:18 PM   #18
4mula
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykTV View Post
Sit back and wait people.
Totally agree, wait till after the holidays if you can, especially on the higher end expensive AKs.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:23 PM   #19
Atlantic Firearms
Curio & Relic
Vendor

AKaholic #: 4032

That is a great price on the WASR and less than what we paid for the last batch we bought in.
Atlantic Firearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:26 PM   #20
maceace

AKaholic #: 171834

All we have to do at this point is stop buying, and eventually the prices will come down alot faster. Remember JG was blowing out WASR's with for $399 with a free drum or two at one point.

It's all supply and demand, if the demand goes down prices will decrease. I dont think the $4 to $450 wasr days are gone forever, however it all depends on what buyers do. If you continue to buy rifles at jacked up prices then guess what....

The other thing is, some of these online retailers stocked up but held on to the supply as they were SURE our president elect would be a female and they would BANK on it, and created the artificial panic that wasr imports are done till next year or indefinitely... Guess how that worked out...
I'm not buying shit till next year sometime unless the prices come down drastically... Let them lose some money since they were scamming the regular customers with their prices...
maceace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:31 PM   #21
Just a Citizen
Not the Sharpest Crayon in the box.

AKaholic #: 173954

Needs to drop another $80.
"The right of a citizen to bear arms, in lawful defense of himself or the State, is absolute. He does not derive it from the State government. It is one of the "high powers" delegated directly to the citizen, and `is excepted out of the general powers of government.' A law cannot be passed to infringe upon or impair it, because it is above the law, and independent of the lawmaking power." [Cockrum v. State, 24 Tex. 394, at 401-402 (1859)
Just a Citizen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:34 PM   #22
GREEK AK

not a WASR but I just saw Buds has dropped their price on M85 PAPs to $477 shipped. I have a picture in my mind of the movie "Trading Places" at the end when prices on orange juice fell through the floor.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:41 PM   #23
maceace

AKaholic #: 171834

Quote:
not a WASR but I just saw Buds has dropped their price on M85 PAPs to $477 shipped. I have a picture in my mind of the movie "Trading Places" at the end when prices on orange juice fell through the floor.
In theory, if everyone stops buying they will get alot cheaper as eventually they will have to sell for a loss to avoid losing even more money...
maceace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:53 PM   #24
GREEK AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by maceace View Post
In theory, if everyone stops buying they will get alot cheaper as eventually they will have to sell for a loss to avoid losing even more money...
agreed. I 'm not buying anything until first of the year. Waiting for the new VEPR's to come down to $700 range.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:58 PM   #25
ThunderGod
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 62

Quote:
Which means they'll order fewer replacements, the importers will have fewer imported, the factories will idle workers, and the price will edge back up in the inevitable supply/demand cycle. Meanwhile, some good businesses may go under because they stocked-up their supply for an anticipated demand by their customers, and not some greedy scheming.

URCX: Your Best Friend on the Internet!

Neither Bee, nor Borg.
ThunderGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:48 PM   #26
Mr. Kalash
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 174461

Quote:
agreed. I 'm not buying anything until first of the year. Waiting for the new VEPR's to come down to $700 range.
Think that'll happen?
Old 11-14-2016, 09:18 PM   #27
Barnacle Bill

AKaholic #: 179540

Quote:
Actually yes she could, and so could Obama before Trump's inauguration. Very simple - reinterpret the NFA's definition of a machine gun...

"Any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger."

... specifically the "can be readily restored" bit, to encompass any semi-auto for which a full auto or select fire variant exists. That easy, stroke of a pen, and no grandfathering either.
Barnacle Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:20 PM   #28
ksbsnowowl
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 177600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnacle Bill View Post
Actually yes she could, and so could Obama before Trump's inauguration. Very simple - reinterpret the NFA's definition of a machine gun...

"Any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger."

... specifically the "can be readily restored" bit, to encompass any semi-auto for which a full auto or select fire variant exists. That easy, stroke of a pen, and no grandfathering either.
And thus would have started Civil War II
ksbsnowowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:23 PM   #29
AdamP123
((((-(-(-_-)-)-))))

AKaholic #: 154955

Quote:
If you are talking about the FM-AK47-11, you will be waiting for a long, long time.

Я люблю котов! У меня нет кота, но они очаровательны. Я люблю разговаривать с людьми в парке о своих домашних кошках. Кошки могут быть настолько привередливыми! Вы когда-нибудь задумывались что кошки думают? Много приветствий! Адам.
AdamP123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:25 PM   #30
Barnacle Bill

AKaholic #: 179540

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbsnowowl View Post
And thus would have started Civil War II
Probably why they didn't do it
Barnacle Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:37 PM   #31
boutcha
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 172420

Quote:
All we have to do at this point is stop buying, and eventually the prices will come down alot faster. Remember JG was blowing out WASR's with for $399 with a free drum or two at one point.

It's all supply and demand, if the demand goes down prices will decrease. I dont think the $4 to $450 wasr days are gone forever, however it all depends on what buyers do. If you continue to buy rifles at jacked up prices then guess what....

The other thing is, some of these online retailers stocked up but held on to the supply as they were SURE our president elect would be a female and they would BANK on it, and created the artificial panic that wasr imports are done till next year or indefinitely... Guess how that worked out...
I'm not buying shit till next year sometime unless the prices come down drastically... Let them lose some money since they were scamming the regular customers with their prices...
Yep, and $399 PAP Pistols.

NEW Hungarian IWD Stock Set $165
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319273
boutcha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:46 PM   #32
4mula
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kalash View Post
Think that'll happen?
30% drop in price, wishful thinking IMO.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:47 PM   #33
deadduck357
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykTV View Post
Sit back and wait .
Was trying to decide between the VEPR FM-ak47-11 and the DDI U.S. HF but brakes are on now. Hoping the Russian sanctions will be lifted.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:49 PM   #34
dtownmj

AKaholic #: 182634

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadduck357 View Post
Was trying to decide between the VEPR FM-ak47-11 and the DDI U.S. HF but brakes are on now. Hoping the Russian sanctions will be lifted.
thats a no brainer if both are within your budget....FM ak47 11 all the way
dtownmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:51 PM   #35
deadduck357
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtownmj View Post
thats a no brainer if both are within your budget....FM ak47 11 all the way
Hoping we'll see the SGLs next year.