Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 11-14-2016, 09:53 PM   #36
Mr. Kalash
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 174461

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula View Post
30% drop in price, wishful thinking IMO.
Yep
Old 11-14-2016, 09:55 PM   #37
TX_1821
Veteran Member
Contributor

AKaholic #: 185967

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEK AK View Post
agreed. I 'm not buying anything until first of the year. Waiting for the new VEPR's to come down to $700 range.
If your referring to the $1000 vepr ak(fm ak one) that's already converted...
I don't know about that OP. $700 might be what the importer like KVAR, is directly getting them out of the crate for. Plus their costs/labor and their profit.

Personally wondering if the draco pistols will lower $100 for the upcoming months. Just want to add an original romy pistol grip, romy dong front grip and bakelite mag. Perfect
TX_1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:56 PM   #38
Mr. Kalash
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtownmj View Post
thats a no brainer if both are within your budget....FM ak47 11 all the way
I'm looking at them as well. I doubt they'll drop below 900, but what do I know.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:02 PM   #39
GREEK AK

AKaholic #: 172212

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamP123 View Post
If you are talking about the FM-AK47-11, you will be waiting for a long, long time.
I hear ya, that's a tad bit low but I can see them hitting $900ish which would be pretty decent for that rifle.
GREEK AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:08 PM   #40
4mula
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183879

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadduck357 View Post
Was trying to decide between the VEPR FM-ak47-11 and the DDI U.S. HF but brakes are on now. Hoping the Russian sanctions will be lifted.
Dont hold youre breath for anything to get lifted.
As for Vepr or DDI, it depends. If you are planning on getting a side or under folder, DDI. Regular buttstock VEPR.
The VEPR is growing on me. At first when i seen it, it just didnt look right and still doesn't to me. But with a simple furniture swap im guessing it will look alot more like a typical AK.
The VEPR is overbuilt and i like that.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:08 PM   #41
deadduck357
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 14612

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEK AK View Post
I hear ya, that's a tad bit low but I can see them hitting $900ish which would be pretty decent for that rifle.
Agreed ^. Everybody was/is asking MSRP ($999) so now we should see street prices next year into the $800s.
deadduck357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:16 PM   #42
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

AKaholic #: 5008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnacle Bill View Post
Actually yes she could, and so could Obama before Trump's inauguration. Very simple - reinterpret the NFA's definition of a machine gun...
So you're saying after 8 years of conspiracy theories, Sandy hook panic, etc
Now you have the answer to subvert the process that the President and the entire Democrat regime couldn't find ???

Come on now......

AK Files custom search
Aceshigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:17 PM   #43
Jabes0623
Safe Space Lifeguard

AKaholic #: 173872

Quote:
30% drop in price, wishful thinking IMO.
You obviously watch prices very carefully as evidenced by your outstanding "best current prices on AR's" thread.

In early '13 we were seeing Colt LE6920's selling on GunBroker for $3,500+. In mid '15, just 2.5 years later, the market was flooded with $700-$800 Colt LE6920's.

Obviously that's an extreme example but it does show how wildly prices are capable of swinging. Now I'm not banking on seeing a 50% reduction in AK price from their highs. But it isn't completely out of the question.

Hope springs eternal!
Jabes0623 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:21 PM   #44
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabes0623 View Post
In early '13 we were seeing Colt LE6920's selling on GunBroker for $3,500+. In mid '15, just 2.5 years later, the market was flooded with $700-$800 Colt LE6920's.
That is true, however.....

There's key elements missing to that total picture not identified clearly.
#1 being, the market of $3500 was about 350% markup over non-panic pricing.

So there was definitely a major fallout to get back to the standard pricing points.
Not the same with WASR's in this case, or VEPR's or anything.

NONE saw that kind of panic hype markup because it didn't go past Nov 8th, when the panic market hit the brakes.
Now if Hillary won, it's quite possible they could have by mid 2017......but that reality thankfully never came to fruition.

However, if we take Atlantics $770 bloated WASR price and deduct 30% back to standard market pricing
It's reasonable to say it's feasible to see a WASR back @ $539 which is a 30% price drop ......but it will take time.

AK Files custom search
Old 11-14-2016, 10:24 PM   #45
dtownmj

AKaholic #: 182634

Lol..do you guys think the prices will just magically fall down? more likely they stabilize than decrease. these gun companies already know waht the gun community is going to pay for a gun. they only need to wait 3 more year until the next election to cash in no peoples panics
dtownmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:27 PM   #46
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

Quote:
Lol..do you guys think the prices will just magically fall down?
Last I checked

The first post exhibits some factual evidence it already has begun only 7 days after the election.
What could happen in just a few more months as the market gets more held inventory dumped back into it.....yes absolutely.
Quote:
these gun companies already know waht the gun community is going to pay for a gun. they only need to wait 3 more year until the next election to cash in no peoples panics
That much is true, but that kind of "Fear Market" is 3 to 3.5 years away from today.

It won't materialize if Trump is kicking ass and taking names either......I can assure you.
Only if he's divebombing in the approval ratings is there any remote chance he loses his incumbent presidency.

AK Files custom search
Old 11-14-2016, 10:28 PM   #47
Barnacle Bill

AKaholic #: 179540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
So you're saying after 8 years of conspiracy theories, Sandy hook panic, etc
Now you have the answer to subvert the process that the President and the entire Democrat regime couldn't find ???

Come on now......
I'm pretty sure they thought of it, but feared the backlash. With a fifth vote to overturn Heller I imagine they would have been emboldened, but the "unexpected" result of the election kind of queered that deal...
Barnacle Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:30 PM   #48
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

I agree there.

DC VS Heller set the stage for McDonald VS Chicago next in 2010.
A double whammy , not just a single case......so it was a double dinger for the Obama admin.

The failed to produce anything because of those 2 SCOTUS decisions, and Sandy Hook was the
best chance they hoped for but even that bombed on them. THey simply could NOT get it done.

What many people truly fail to realize is far more 2nd Amendment successes have come to fruition
under ALL the administrations then any other. Not by his hand of course, but they simply have....
Look at the CCW Map GIF as another example. Even his home state of IL became the final state in the union.

AK Files custom search
Old 11-14-2016, 10:33 PM   #49
Just a Citizen
Not the Sharpest Crayon in the box.

AKaholic #: 173954

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadduck357 View Post
Was trying to decide between the VEPR FM-ak47-11 and the DDI U.S. HF but brakes are on now. Hoping the Russian sanctions will be lifted.
I'd wait a bit more, but definitely the VEPR over the DDI.
"The right of a citizen to bear arms, in lawful defense of himself or the State, is absolute. He does not derive it from the State government. It is one of the "high powers" delegated directly to the citizen, and `is excepted out of the general powers of government.' A law cannot be passed to infringe upon or impair it, because it is above the law, and independent of the lawmaking power." [Cockrum v. State, 24 Tex. 394, at 401-402 (1859)
Just a Citizen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:41 PM   #50
kcwater
Class of '13 Strikes Again

AKaholic #: 172456

Vepr will only drop in price if sales fall off, which they have not. And I think we will be lucky to see 10% and not much more.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:48 PM   #51
GuidoFL
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 171081

Wall St Journal had a small article that Smith & Wesson stock dropped 17% due to Mr. Trump winning. Sit back and watch as the Trump victory ripples thru the firearms industry.

Hold back on all purchases other than outright screaming deals !!
Old 11-14-2016, 10:53 PM   #52
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

I found a pricing chart on the WASR 10 for the past decade.

So for those that don't think it can go back down to the $500 range.....rethink that position maybe.....
That spike is the Post- Sandy Hook panic, and unfortunately it doesn't go past 2014 to show mid 2016's price ramping up

Average AK 47 Rifle Price (Century RI1166-N WASR 10)

AK Files custom search
Old 11-14-2016, 10:55 PM   #53
Mr. Kalash
Veteran Member

Quote:
I found a pricing chart on the WASR 10 for the past decade.

So for those that don't think it can go back down to the $500 range.....rethink that position maybe.....
That spike is the Post- Sandy Hook panic, and unfortunately it doesn't go past 2014 to show mid 2016's price ramping up

Average AK 47 Rifle Price (Century RI1166-N WASR 10)

Maybe so... I remember seeing $499 WASR's but supposedly they were single stack or something IIRC?
Old 11-14-2016, 11:19 PM   #54
Barnacle Bill

Quote:
I agree there.

DC VS Heller set the stage for McDonald VS Chicago next in 2010.
A double whammy , not just a single case......so it was a double dinger for the Obama admin.

The failed to produce anything because of those 2 SCOTUS decisions, and Sandy Hook was the
best chance they hoped for but even that bombed on them. THey simply could NOT get it done.

What many people truly fail to realize is far more 2nd Amendment successes have come to fruition
under ALL the administrations then any other. Not by his hand of course, but they simply have....
Look at the CCW Map GIF as another example. Even his home state of IL became the final state in the union.
Yes but the dissenting 4 in McDonald basically said "because Heller was wrongly decided", so if Hillary had gotten the opportunity to appoint Scalia's replacement that would have been it for the 2nd Amendment. We really dodged the bullet there.

You are absolutely right about the states. That's Obama's true legacy. The GOP holds more governorships and state legislative majorities than any time since the 1920's, and it looks possible that in two years they could gain a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate (something a couple weeks ago I'd have said would never happen in our lifetimes). So, a good time for the RKBA.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:43 PM   #55
ksbsnowowl
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 177600

Quote:
You are absolutely right about the states. That's Obama's true legacy. The GOP holds more governorships and state legislative majorities than any time since the 1920's, and it looks possible that in two years they could gain a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate (something a couple weeks ago I'd have said would never happen in our lifetimes). So, a good time for the RKBA.
Oh, we are closer to much more than that...

Apocalypse Soon? Are Dems on verge of being unable to stop Constitutional Amendments?

It takes 34 state legislatures to pass Amendments via an Article V Convention. We currently control 32.
ksbsnowowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 01:40 AM   #56
rurallife
gas operated

AKaholic #: 186131

Waiting for $500 Saigas.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed.
rurallife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 03:47 AM   #57
Cowboys1
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 188774

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurallife View Post
Waiting for $500 Saigas.
Impossible
Cowboys1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 04:34 AM   #58
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys1 View Post
Impossible
They were $450 just 3 months ago.......rear converted already.

Everyone gobbled up stock everywhere leading up to this short panic.
There probably will be again in the next few months after people rethink those hoarding purchases.

AK Files custom search
Old 11-15-2016, 04:39 AM   #59
Eurosport
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 181863

^ that was one time only type of thing and only because of the specific clearance in that chain in certain states, wouldn't even mention that as a "just 3 months ago"

more like $550/599 this past spring as an example from deguns and topgunsupply would be more fair
Eurosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 04:42 AM   #60
maceace

AKaholic #: 171834

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderGod View Post
Which means they'll order fewer replacements, the importers will have fewer imported, the factories will idle workers, and the price will edge back up in the inevitable supply/demand cycle. Meanwhile, some good businesses may go under because they stocked-up their supply for an anticipated demand by their customers, and not some greedy scheming.

Did these "good" businesses stock up on supply recently prior to the election and sell their ak's with a markup? Did they hold off on their supply, and they are now dumping it to make whatever money they can even with a cheaper price knowing that the price for these rifles will crash? In that case maybe they do deserve to go under. If they are willing to fuck you then FUCK them...

And the supply and demand will balance it self out when the price goes down long enough, the rifles will be bought, new orders will be placed, new contracts will be renegotiated, and new merchandise will be brought in. Supply and demand will never completely stop importation..
maceace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:10 AM   #61
rurallife
gas operated

AKaholic #: 186131

Waiting for the obummer ban to be crushed. I can wait.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed.
rurallife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 01:34 PM   #62
barnbred
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 164399

how long can a company sit on inventory that doesn't sell at its current price? The prices are going to go down. Ask people around you if they are in a hurry to purchase AKs at bloated prices. Im sure as hell not going to.
barnbred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 03:14 PM   #63
Brasky
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 187139

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnbred View Post
how long can a company sit on inventory that doesn't sell at its current price? The prices are going to go down. Ask people around you if they are in a hurry to purchase AKs at bloated prices. Im sure as hell not going to.
+1. I may have to dump my npap for a wasr now thanks to Rob but I'm going to wait until WASRs are lower in price
Brasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 03:23 PM   #64
Barnacle Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurallife View Post
Waiting for the obummer ban to be crushed. I can wait.
It isn't a ban, it is trade sanctions against specific individuals and companies linked to Russian aggression against Ukraine. Unlike Clintons so-called trade sanctions against China that affected only gun-related stuff and all Chinese companies and only the US (for example Chinese guns/ammo are imported to Canada to this day, if their design otherwise complies with Canuck gun laws), the Russian sanctions are by international agreement and affect everything not just guns but apply to only select companies and individuals linked to the Putin regime. It isn't going away short of a resolution of the Ukraine issue, and would have gone away under Clinton if she had won and resolved the Ukraine issue, but Trump IMO is much more likely to resolve it than Clinton would have been. However, don't expect Trump to unilaterally drop the sanctions without a deal happening first, if for no others reason because the sanctions are a bargaining chip in resolving Ukraine.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:04 PM   #65
Cowboys1
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 188774

Quote:
They were $450 just 3 months ago.......rear converted already.

Everyone gobbled up stock everywhere leading up to this short panic.
There probably will be again in the next few months after people rethink those hoarding purchases.
I was thinking the SGL's. They weren't $450 right?
Cowboys1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 07:05 PM   #66
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

I don't think anything that has come from Arsenal inc/FIME has ever been $450.....lol

Not even from 2000 til today. IIRC their rifles were $799 or $699 back then .....I forget.

AK Files custom search
Old 11-15-2016, 07:21 PM   #67
GREEK AK

AKaholic #: 172212

2011-2012 SGL's were going for $800-850, at least in these parts.
GREEK AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 07:25 PM   #68
PlumCrazy
Unconfirmed User

AKaholic #: 179727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys1 View Post
I was thinking the SGL's. They weren't $450 right?
Before sanctions when Arsenal was making SGLs still, a new SGL20/21 was about $700
PlumCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 07:44 PM   #69
PlumCrazy
Unconfirmed User

AKaholic #: 179727

Quote:
It isn't a ban, it is trade sanctions against specific individuals and companies linked to Russian aggression against Ukraine. Unlike Clintons so-called trade sanctions against China that affected only gun-related stuff and all Chinese companies and only the US (for example Chinese guns/ammo are imported to Canada to this day, if their design otherwise complies with Canuck gun laws), the Russian sanctions are by international agreement and affect everything not just guns but apply to only select companies and individuals linked to the Putin regime. It isn't going away short of a resolution of the Ukraine issue, and would have gone away under Clinton if she had won and resolved the Ukraine issue, but Trump IMO is much more likely to resolve it than Clinton would have been. However, don't expect Trump to unilaterally drop the sanctions without a deal happening first, if for no others reason because the sanctions are a bargaining chip in resolving Ukraine.
Correct, its a specific sanction on Kalashnikov Concern designed to hurt Russian military industry.
PlumCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:05 PM   #70
burninglegs
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183372

Quote:
IMO i dont believe we will ever see that price again for a new WASR.
Im thinking when everything levels off, the new 'norm' for WASR prices will be $599 and up.
Im also thinking prices on Arsenal AKs will go back down to the $1000 mark.
In the very highly unlikely event that restrictions get lifted on AKs, prices will go down some more threwout the whole market, mainly on higher end imports that cost stupid amounts at the moment.
It would be sweet to see Siaga's for under 1k.
This is just my opinion.
The WASR is already at $629.95 shipped (consider $30-50 shipping from most places) and were are already at your $599 and up quote. Still a long way for this market to correct. Not to mention, the market to overshoot on the downside. I think <$500 WASR can be here in the next 6-12 months if no new drama pops up in the mean time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maceace View Post
In theory, if everyone stops buying they will get alot cheaper as eventually they will have to sell for a loss to avoid losing even more money...

Nothing worse for some of these retailers than to have dead money sitting in a warehouse. Time to let them bleed.
burninglegs is online now   Reply With Quote