Notices

Old 08-30-2017, 05:11 PM   #71
GypsyDanger
About as safe as your P320

AKaholic #: 179245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwe View Post
I agree the receiver on my SLR107R says "made in Bulgaria"
However you need to read Arsenals own description of where the rifle is manufactured. http://www.arsenalinc.com/usa/SLR-107R.html

"The 7.62x39 caliber SLR-107R is a top notch, stamped receiver, semi-automatic modern sporting rifle manufactured in Las Vegas, Nevada, utilizing only the best and authentic Arsenal factory components. It is manufactured with a Bulgarian made Arsenal mil-spec 1mm stamped receiver and cold hammer forged and hard chrome lined barrel. The authentic US made components, such as the anti-slap double stage trigger group, mil-spec polymer stock set, Warsaw length polymer buttstock to perfectly complete this rifle for unparalleled quality and accuracy. "

Say what you want... I'm just quoting what Arsenal itself says.

Guys, I'm not bashing Arsenal, Hell, I own 3 of them.
Two Sam7's and the SLR107R.
There is however a substantial difference in the fit and finish of the SLR107R compared to the WBP and the imported Sam7's. I can't speak of others, however based on the SLR107R and WBP rifles that I own, IMHO the WBP is the better value.
Those are legalities. The rifles come parkerized without furniture. Then, Arsenal of LV paints them with their Walmart paint and slaps on the American made polymer furniture and trigger group, as well as the muzzle nut.

By and large the rifle is 99% built when Arsenal of Las Vegas gets it. They just do the 922r finishing touches.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:15 PM   #72
RockyTop1911
More AKs Please!

AKaholic #: 186184

Quote:
However you need to read Arsenals own description of where the rifle is manufactured. http://www.arsenalinc.com/usa/SLR-107R.html

"The 7.62x39 caliber SLR-107R is a top notch, stamped receiver, semi-automatic modern sporting rifle manufactured in Las Vegas, Nevada, utilizing only the best and authentic Arsenal factory components. It is manufactured with a Bulgarian made Arsenal mil-spec 1mm stamped receiver and cold hammer forged and hard chrome lined barrel. The authentic US made components, such as the anti-slap double stage trigger group, mil-spec polymer stock set, Warsaw length polymer buttstock to perfectly complete this rifle for unparalleled quality and accuracy. "

There is however a substantial difference in the fit and finish of the SLR107R compared to the WBP and the imported Sam7's. I can't speak of others, however based on the SLR107R and WBP rifles that I own, IMHO the WBP is the better value.
Agree. The real Polish Wood stock set is nice as well.
"The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon." George Washington "Runaway government threatens our economic survival, our most cherished institutions, and the very preservation of freedom itself." Ronald Reagan "It depends upon what the meaning of the word is, is." William Jefferson Clinton "I've now been in 57 states." Barack Hussein Obama
RockyTop1911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:19 PM   #73
Wa22ioR

AKaholic #: 130855

Arsenal AKs are built at Arsenal Bulgaria Plant # 10. The only the only thing Arsenal Las Vegas does is makes them accept double stacked magazines, changes the furniture, adds a muzzle device and the necessary parts for 922r compliance
Old 08-30-2017, 05:26 PM   #74
akfriendly

AKaholic #: 193704

new guy here and my account finally got approved after weeks of being in cyber space ... Just wanted to chime in that I'm glad I got lucky and got a brand new wbp on gun broker (first time user) for $800. And finally in my hands for $855 after all said and done. Score!!
akfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:11 PM   #75
Pow-ding
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 87380

Quote:
Originally Posted by akfriendly View Post
new guy here and my account finally got approved after weeks of being in cyber space ... Just wanted to chime in that I'm glad I got lucky and got a brand new wbp on gun broker (first time user) for $800. And finally in my hands for $855 after all said and done. Score!!
Welcome to the forum, and nice price you paid!

My WBP's are as close to AK perfection as I have found. I think it's a great choice.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:15 PM   #76
Cowboys1
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 188774

Quote:
Originally Posted by y1999jas View Post
If these had the vented gas tubes and black-finished carriers like the DIY Moressey kits had then this would be just about perfect. Although, in fairness, the DIY kits' description did say that the type of tube may vary.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0

Perhaps these variations are being considered for the subsequent offerings Atlantic alluded to a few posts up. Since they're calling this the "CG1" there's bound to be a "CG2", etc. Maybe even a "reverse CG?" Question: would the "reverse CG" version requite a reverse dong?

I think "P" means "pew" and "C" means "continuous pew"?
I don't mind the black or nickel carrier but I disagree about vented gas tube. Gimme a regular one anyday.
Cowboys1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:19 PM   #77
akfriendly

AKaholic #: 193704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pow-ding View Post
Welcome to the forum, and nice price you paid!

My WBP's are as close to AK perfection as I have found. I think it's a great choice.
yup had to boast about my score on that one which I was pumped about. was suppose to pick up an arsenal 107 which I saw on arms list but the seller was so flaky with weird demands and I didn't want to put money down for that bs. nice rifle but weird demands from him so I said NO
akfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:37 PM   #78
wormraper

AKaholic #: 192990

I hate to say it, but I'm still tempted even with the price. That's a sexy looking AK...
wormraper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:50 PM   #79
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

AKaholic #: 162925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wa22ioR View Post
Thinking about picking up another Arsenal SLR-107R, for my wife, but this one has my eye. I am a big Arsenal fan, but would you guys that have both the WBP and the SLR-107R, recommend one over the other? I typically like factory combloc rifles, but these look awesome and well done. I already have another SLR-107R Plum and was thinking about grabbing a second so my wife and I have the same setup, but if this is the superior rifle I may sell the other SLR-107R and buy two of these. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Kyle
I have both and the WBP is twice the gun the 107 is. Much better fit and finish, much better furniture, more accurate and just in every way I see a better gun. It's your money and your choice but if you could compare them side by side I'm betting you'd go with the WBP too. Good luck.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:56 PM   #80
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyTop1911 View Post
If it helps, that RADOM Barrel on the WBP is top notch.
Totally agree.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:01 PM   #81
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

Quote:
This rifle has a forged front trunion, not cast like your rifle.
That along with the CHF chrome lined barrel and the Polish marked Childers receiver
makes this rifle so difficult to pass up on.

I have the WBP Classic and that rifle is clearly better in form and finish than my SLR107R.
Given the choice of one over the other I would pass on the SLR107R
Like it or not they are both assembled in the US with combloc and US made parts to be 922 compliment.
Atlantic just does it better.
You nailed it perfectly Dwe I totally agree.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:08 PM   #82
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

Quote:

I have 2 SAM7R61's, SAM7sf, 107-11, and the WBP and what Dwe said about the WBP is my opinion also. I'm gonna add that my WBP is a lot more accurate than my 107.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:13 PM   #83
Maxxsmart

AKaholic #: 193820

Well, I too finally got my account approved today, and I just forked over a decent portion of my "extra" paycheck for one of these. I was waiting for stock to be replenished on the SLR107, but then I was rudely reminded that ALL Arsenal SLR models are banned in Kalifornia. This is my second AK, WASR being the first, and I really look forward to getting this one in my hands. I know I could have dropped a little more cash on a SAM7, but I have to say that I wasn't terribly impressed with the overall feel of it... The poly furniture just didn't feel right to me, so I would have needed to fork over even more for some nice wood.
Maxxsmart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:20 PM   #84
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

Smart buy congrats. You will be very impressed with it when you get it in your hands. You'll never regret buying it. May it serve you well.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:50 PM   #85
genxgixxer
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 179329

I want, but I have too many AK's. Ok I lied, I don't have too many, must buy!
Old 08-30-2017, 11:02 PM   #86
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by genxgixxer View Post
I want, but I have too many AK's. Ok I lied, I don't have too many, must buy!
Yeah that's what I thought last November when I bought my 107-11. Bought 6 more since. Buy it you'll like it.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:07 PM   #87
Dwe

AKaholic #: 189354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wa22ioR View Post
Arsenal AKs are built at Arsenal Bulgaria Plant # 10. The only the only thing Arsenal Las Vegas does is makes them accept double stacked magazines, changes the furniture, adds a muzzle device and the necessary parts for 922r compliance
If that's the case then one of two things is happening.
Either Arsenal is losing ground in the QC dept, or Atlantic
has raised the bar. Either way Arsenals has some ground to make up.
Both it their quality and in their quantity.
Can hardly find an SLR107 if I wanted.
And I would be willing to bet that since VEPRs are no longer allowed in the US,
when and If more come in they will not be $849

Last edited by Dwe; 08-30-2017 at 11:18 PM.
Dwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:16 PM   #88
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 180809

Atlantic, just to be clear, the only difference between this and the model I reviewed for you is the grip and the receiver, correct?
steveTA1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:55 AM   #89
Charlemagne
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 137433

The WBP rifles are the one bright spot in today's AK market. Let's hope Atlantic does not let the price of these things get out of control. I like AKs but there are plenty of other guns on my wish list if good Kalashnikovs get to be too expensive!
Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:56 AM   #90
Atlantic Firearms
Curio & Relic
Vendor

AKaholic #: 4032

steveTA1983 , You are correct the difference in the Classic & Polska model is the Laminate Wood pistol grip and the Childers CG1 Polish receiver .

Folks as far as the cost goes , We are not getting rich on these rifles ,The parts are Top quality and not cheap. The WBP rifles are not crap slapped together and they have a great build, fit & finish. The entire build process takes time to do it correctly and that is the only way we are going to offer these beautiful rifles.

This rifle may not be for everybody and we offer other makes & models on our site to consider.However not everybody wants a WASR or SLR so the Polish WBP Classic and Polska series offers shooters another High Quality Option & Options are good .

Atlantic strives to offer the widest variety of Kalashnikov based firearms on the market. We are not worried about being Cheap Charlies Discount Gun outlet.... However you will find that we are real AK aficionados that engage with the shooting community and back up what we sell. Unlike most of the Vendors out there we actually have the rifles in our warehouse and look at the product not a drop shipper .We have solid track record of helping clients out that had real issues .

Atlantic appreciates all of the feedback from AK Files members on what you would like to see in the AK arena . While we can not make everybody's wish come true we do listen & try to incorporate the input. We look forward to working with our friends @ Arms of America & WBP Poland to help expand the Polish AK goodness going forward .

Last edited by Atlantic Firearms; 09-01-2017 at 07:48 AM.
Atlantic Firearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:46 AM   #91
Cornpone
Banned

AKaholic #: 181728

Bring back the WBP barreled receiver DIY kit. I don't care which receiver just don't get the idea of nickel plating anything.
Cornpone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:36 AM   #92
Bakwa
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 190595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornpone View Post
Bring back the WBP barreled receiver DIY kit. I don't care which receiver just don't get the idea of nickel plating anything.
I agree with this.
If you happen to do barreled receiver's [at a good price like last time] when I have some spare cash, I'll get one or two.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:16 AM   #93
Pokie

AKaholic #: 160156

Why can't Atlantic import barreled receivers from WBP, in the same way K-Var does with Arsenal Bulgaria?
Pokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:36 AM   #94
Claymore
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 186415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokie View Post
Why can't Atlantic import barreled receivers from WBP, in the same way K-Var does with Arsenal Bulgaria?
Probably something to do with our favorite alphabet organization...

John 14:6

DEATH TO ANTIFA!
Claymore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:44 AM   #95
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms View Post
steveTA1983 , You are correct the difference in the Classic & Polska model is the Laminate Wood pistol grip and the Childers CG1 Polish receiver .

Folks as far as the cost goes , We are not getting rich on these rifles ,The parts are Top quality and not cheap. The WBP rifles are not crap slapped together and they have a great build, fit & finish. The entire build process takes time to do it correctly and that is the only way we are going to offer these beautiful rifles.

This rifle may not be for everybody and we offer other makes & models on our site to consider.However not everybody wants a WASR or SLR so the Polish WBP Classic and Polska series offers shooters another High Quality Option & Options are good .

Atlantic strives to offer the widest variety of Kalashnikov based firearms on the market. We are not worried about being Cheap Charlies Discount Gun outlet.... However you will find that we are real AK aficionados that engage with the shooting community and back up what we sell. Unlike most of the Vendors out there we actually have the rifles in our warehouse and look at the product not a drop shipper .We have solid track record of helping clients out that had real issues .

Atlantic appreciates all of the feedback from AK Files members on what you would like to see in the AK arena . While we can not make everybody's wish come true we do listen & try to incorporate the input. We look forward to working with our friends @ Arms of America & WBP Poland to help expand the Polish AK goodness going forward .
Your builds are top notch and done right and the WBP I have is my favorite AK hands down. To all of you who knock kit built guns and DO NOT have experience with an Atlantic build, don't talk smack without actually seeing/trying one first. All kit guns are not assembled/finished equally
Old 08-31-2017, 02:34 PM   #96
Charlemagne
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 137433

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveTA1983 View Post
Your builds are top notch and done right and the WBP I have is my favorite AK hands down. To all of you who knock kit built guns and DO NOT have experience with an Atlantic build, don't talk smack without actually seeing/trying one first. All kit guns are not assembled/finished equally
Guns are like engines in this respect. A factory built engine typically meets a certain standard of quality when it comes to parts and assembly. An after market engine may meet, fail to meet or exceed this standard depending on the parts used, who is doing the assembly and how they are doing it. I see no reason that a gun built using parts, as good as WBP's appear to be, cannot be as good or better than one assembled at Radom, Izhmash or Arsenal.
Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 04:41 PM   #97
Maxxsmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
Guns are like engines in this respect. A factory built engine typically meets a certain standard of quality when it comes to parts and assembly. An after market engine may meet, fail to meet or exceed this standard depending on the parts used, who is doing the assembly and how they are doing it. I see no reason that a gun built using parts, as good as WBP's appear to be, cannot be as good or better than one assembled at Radom, Izhmash or Arsenal.
Good way to put it. From ammo, to food, if someone is willing to spend the time, and pay close attention to detail, handcrafted will almost always beat mass produced factory goods. The key is knowledge, skill, and willingness to perfect all the small details.

Back to the main topic... Ordered this gun yesterday, and received shipping confirmation bright and early this morning. Excellent first experience with Atlantic so far. Their site states a possible 3-5 day lead time before shipment to California, so I was surprised to see it ship so fast. Now the wait begins. Seven days to get here, and another ten after I complete the paperwork at my FFL... THREE WEEKS!
Old 08-31-2017, 06:50 PM   #98
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxsmart View Post
Good way to put it. From ammo, to food, if someone is willing to spend the time, and pay close attention to detail, handcrafted will almost always beat mass produced factory goods. The key is knowledge, skill, and willingness to perfect all the small details.

Back to the main topic... Ordered this gun yesterday, and received shipping confirmation bright and early this morning. Excellent first experience with Atlantic so far. Their site states a possible 3-5 day lead time before shipment to California, so I was surprised to see it ship so fast. Now the wait begins. Seven days to get here, and another ten after I complete the paperwork at my FFL... THREE WEEKS!
Fucking CA
Old 08-31-2017, 07:17 PM   #99
Maxxsmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveTA1983 View Post
Fucking CA
Hahaha... Yeah, idiotic laws.

You don't even want to know the additional costs for me to take possession of this firearm... Fees, fees, then more fees. I can't wait to get out of this state.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:18 PM   #100
Bakwa
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 190595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxsmart View Post
Hahaha... Yeah, idiotic laws.

You don't even want to know the additional costs for me to take possession of this firearm... Fees, fees, then more fees. I can't wait to get out of this state.
It's funny how everyone talks about Kali like it's a prison.
"I can't wait to get out."
Old 08-31-2017, 08:44 PM   #101
Maxxsmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakwa View Post
It's funny how everyone talks about Kali like it's a prison.
"I can't wait to get out."
I loved it here for many years... But then you get older, and you see how little your hard work gets you... And the squandering politicians pissing away our increasing tax dollars. So yeah, it is getting old here real fast.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:38 PM   #102
mishaco

AKaholic #: 190226

For what its worth, I got my own AK on a Childers receiver yesterday, first one.
Comparing it with the Morrissey, both seem equally good. I like that both have the X/Y stampings.

I just had a couple Polish PMKM kits built up for the store, and Atlantic is of course right; cost for the good parts isn't exactly cheap these days.
Worth it though. Better to spend $900 on a quality build, than to try and economize. In the end you'd still only save a few bucks, and you'd never be 100% happy.
"Buy once, Cry once" is a oft repated thing and its very true.

I don't mind kit builds if there's no option for that model as an import.
Likewise, the SLR107R doesn't interest me as its nota semi-only version of any Bulgarian military select fire model.

I'd rather have an authentic Polish AKM build with FB barrel over an SLR107R, which is just a sporter rifle.
Now if Arsenal had done the 107R like an AKM? We're talking right gasblock, right rear trunnion; all correct AKM stuff? then I'd be getting one.
As it is, its an AK-74 but rechambered for 7.62x39 and with 14x1 instead of 24mm threads.
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:03 AM   #103
Atlantic Firearms
Curio & Relic
Vendor

AKaholic #: 4032

Our procurement team tends to lean more towards more traditional style AK rifles. Atlantic clients seem to prefer the Wood stock style AK rifles over the modern black or tactical. The WBP Classic & Polska have the Old School AK Flavor with New production parts. WBP Poland has been very helpful in offering build input & these rifles are striving to be as close to Overseas Arsenal Build quality as possible.

Atlantic Firearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:15 PM   #104
Claymore
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 186415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms View Post
Our procurement team tends to lean more towards more traditional style AK rifles. Atlantic clients seem to prefer the Wood stock style AK rifles over the modern black or tactical. The WBP Classic & Polska have the Old School AK Flavor with New production parts. WBP Poland has been very helpful in offering build input & these rifles are striving to be as close to Overseas Arsenal Build quality as possible.

Good to hear. Thanks, Atlantic.

John 14:6

DEATH TO ANTIFA!
Claymore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:53 PM   #105
Dwe

AKaholic #: 189354

Now the CG1 and the Classic are both available.

Last edited by Dwe; 09-01-2017 at 06:06 PM.
Dwe is online now   Reply With Quote