Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 03:06 AM   #106
OnTop

AKaholic #: 155735

I “tacticooled” my WASR 10 not because of tacticool but for functionality. M4 stock adapter with Magpul CTR, Magpul handguard, Tapco SAW style grip and pws muzzle brake. As for mags, I use my normal rotation of Tothtool, US Palm, Magpul and Tapco (saving the nice surplus mags for a rainy day). I don’t have to worry about 922r since at any given time, the majority parts count on my WASR are US parts. Just sharing my story and nothing more.

OT
OnTop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:26 PM   #107
Laufer

AKaholic #: 188070

922r never bothered me before my heart attack (only due to 100% blockage of "the Widowmaker artery") on Oct. 25th.

Think about life's Priorities and the Grim Reaper, how fragile it can be: having survived that major event thanks to being already near a hospital (easy recovery with the new artery Stent, drugs, and the--luckily--
still healthy heart), I'm certainly Not Now going to give Any second thoughts to using a larger magazine in my Saiga rifle, or the MAK 90, or swapping Any parts in my five AKs.

Even before this, I Swapped Any Parts I Felt Like Swapping, except a short, illegal barrel.

Nobody cares what parts our guns are made of. Worrying about that is true paranoia, unless you import guns. Just keep the barrel length legal.

Last edited by Laufer; 11-18-2017 at 09:07 PM.
Laufer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:32 PM   #108
Worm
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 170245

Fuck 922r
Old 11-13-2017, 11:35 PM   #109
vasily spurmakov

AKaholic #: 184725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worm View Post
Fuck 922r
Agreed.
vasily spurmakov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:52 AM   #110
Laufer

AKaholic #: 188070

At Tulsa's huge Wanenmaker's gun show last weekend, None of the AKs (I saw all of them) or the pair of VZ-58s available had any signs about being "922r compliant".
Think about that....

And you Know that in the past, the ATF has visited the largest gun show in the world.

Most AK people who read bout 922r will still find some reasons to justify their paranoia. The human mind often prefers the "fear of encirclement", 'die Angst vor Einkreisung'.

Last edited by Laufer; 11-18-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Laufer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:07 AM   #111
BFPUAKM

AKaholic #: 191073

2016 WASR:
Bulgarian plum polymer
Romanian fire control group
Polish fat Bakelite grip, screw and nut
((10)) and Bakelite mags

Let's see, what other century/US crap can I switch out?
BFPUAKM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:34 AM   #112
LIONHART

AKaholic #: 2946

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFPUAKM View Post
2016 WASR:
Bulgarian plum polymer
Romanian fire control group
Polish fat Bakelite grip, screw and nut
((10)) and Bakelite mags

Let's see, what other century/US crap can I switch out?
The slant brake. Either a Romanian or a Polish one. I think it was Ron from BLV that mentioned that the US slant brakes on his rental guns would split under sustained fire.
LIONHART is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:30 AM   #113
Distant-K

AKaholic #: 194151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
You can thank 4mula for finding it and sharing it with me.

Read section 2, direct from the ATF.

Here's the next page if you want to continue.

http://www.neighsayersforum.com/atfl...922replyp2.jpg
Now post the letter that says it's illegal to shoulder a Sig brace. Oh, wait....
Distant-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:40 AM   #114
Distant-K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankboy View Post
Gun owners are their own worse enemies. I wish you guys would just shut up about this dumb shit and stop bringing light to it on a public forum for the world to see. There is more than enough 992r related bs out there if you do a google search. No need to keep bringing it up cause one day the wrong person is gonna find it and read it and raise hell about it and it'll all be our own fault. I bet some here who follow the dumb law would actually like that too so they can say how they were right all along. I swear some people get off to 922r stuff.
The only cure for bad ideas is sunlight.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:44 PM   #115
Browning Hi Power

AKaholic #: 191931

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONHART View Post
The slant brake. Either a Romanian or a Polish one. I think it was Ron from BLV that mentioned that the US slant brakes on his rental guns would split under sustained fire.
He should definitely go with a Romanian brake. I have a Romanian and a Bulgarian slant and the Bulgarian has some play to it when I put it on my WASR. The Romanian locks in super tight. It may be just my WASR since AKs can differ so much from one another, but it could also be that the threads line up perfectly since itís Romanian-Romanian. The finish matches perfectly too.
Browning Hi Power is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:06 PM   #116
4mula
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distant-K View Post
Now post the letter that says it's illegal to shoulder a Sig brace. Oh, wait....
Heya FNG, considering him and i could give a shit about peeps trying to skirt SBR, why dont you post the letter.
Old 11-18-2017, 03:18 PM   #117
Distant-K

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula View Post
Heya FNG, considering him and i could give a shit about peeps trying to skirt SBR, why dont you post the letter.
No, no, you're missing my point. Those ATF letters have a lot less legal weight than a lot of people make them out to have, since they have been known to contradict past letters, as well as issue "clarifications" where they kind of double down on a past letter, but in a slightly more rational way than the first letter made things seem. It wouldn't surprise me if another letter came out in the future that contradicts the letter posted.

For example, it was considered legal to shoulder a Sig brace for years, and then suddenly the ATF issued a letter to someone saying that shouldering a Sig brace constituted the manufacture of an SBR, then still later, another ATF letter came out saying that it was just fine to shoulder a Sig brace after all. That's not to say that any given letter isn't valid, but they are meant as answers to the individuals who made their respective inquiries, not as the blanket "court rulings" that many people in the gun community make them out to be.