Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 11-19-2017, 06:59 PM   #106
fpk762
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 166849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddrick View Post
I picked up a PSAK 47 GB2 Liberty in classic plum earlier this week. I've encountered one problem so far and that's when I field stripped the rifle to clean. The gas tube was fitted so tight that it was incredibly hard to remove. I used a screw driver as leverage to get it off. Putting the gas tube back on was even more difficult. I ended up having to file off a little bit of the rear of the gas tube to get it back on. Other than that everything seems good so far. I haven't noticed any rust on the rifle and all the mags I have fit. I plan on getting out to the club next weekend to shoot it.
Good to hear man, seems like they need to up their qc and attention to detail on these and they would be doing alright, glad your guys are working just as well. Im going to go shoot a few mags here before dark! About 420 rounds so far, probably going to take 3 more mags. No sense in wasting to much, it has proven itself so far and nothing is wrong, it barks like an AK!

I think on the next one i will do the triangle as well and a bulgy wood hg and grip or even some plum. Plum and Bakelite mags looks sexy.
fpk762 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:02 PM   #107
travinh

AKaholic #: 179278

Fpk762,

How did remove stock hinges pin? I thought that I read some where that the pin is punching out from the bottom.

Thanks,
Cal
travinh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:03 PM   #108
Fjordforder
Indestructible, not invulnerable!

AKaholic #: 175530

I would imagine the same as another, I poke mine out from the underside and fit it back in by tapping it in from the top.

THE ENTIRE KIM DYNASTY IS A LONG, LONG LINE OF PUNK ASS BITCHES

7.62x39, 5.45x39, 7.62x51, 7.62x54r, 5.56x45, 12x76, 9x19, .22WMR
Fjordforder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:04 PM   #109
fpk762
Bronze Contributor

remove the top cover and use a little punch like the one in the cleaning kit, tap from the bottom of the pin up out the top.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:05 PM   #110
Fjordforder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpk762 View Post
remove the top cover and use a little punch like the one in the cleaning kit, tap from the bottom of the pin up out the top.
this

Old 11-22-2017, 12:03 PM   #111
travinh

Fpk762,
Can you check your psa ak muzzle threading?
My psa ak muzzle threaded is about 1/8 inch longer than my polish and rommy ak. The two US made Muzzle compensators that I have won’t work due to the long muzzle threads in my psa ak.
On other hand, my psa ak muzzle detent plunger has the very weak spring and stick out about 1/8 inch vs 1/4 inch on my polish and rommy ak. I am worried that muzzle device may disengage due recoil and weak spring.

Is there a crush washer that work with ak muzzle, so i can tie down my muzzle device like an ar-15?

Thanks,
Cal
Old 11-22-2017, 10:19 PM   #112
DevJames

AKaholic #: 193787

File down the back side of the device until it's properly timed instead of messing with washers. It's not that hard.

Set the file on the table and run the brake down it so it removes material evenly then touch up with a cold blue pen. Give it a few strokes and check it. It might take a little while but should get you seated nice and tight with no wiggle using the retention pin in the notch.
DevJames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:44 PM   #113
logan09

AKaholic #: 22120

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJames View Post
File down the back side of the device until it's properly timed instead of messing with washers. It's not that hard.

Set the file on the table and run the brake down it so it removes material evenly then touch up with a cold blue pen. Give it a few strokes and check it. It might take a little while but should get you seated nice and tight with no wiggle using the retention pin in the notch.
If I'm reading it correctly his barrel is threaded longer from the front sight block causing the slant brake to not even thread on fully
logan09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:11 PM   #114
travinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan09 View Post
If I'm reading it correctly his barrel is threaded longer from the front sight block causing the slant brake to not even thread on fully
Exactly, the slant brake supplied by psa will thread all the way to the sight base, the US made flash hiders that I have won’t thread all the way in and they have a gap about 1/8 of an inch space between the sight base and muzzle device.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:15 PM   #115
plastikman47

AKaholic #: 188391

Quote:
Originally Posted by travinh View Post
Exactly, the slant brake supplied by psa will thread all the way to the sight base, the US made flash hiders that I have won’t thread all the way in and they have a gap about 1/8 of an inch space between the sight base and muzzle device.
I picked up some of these small delrin type washers at ACE hardware. Sanded them down a bit and they filled up the space on my first PSAK.
plastikman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:56 PM   #116
DevJames

AKaholic #: 193787

https://www.carolinashooterssupply.c...sher-rifle.htm
DevJames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:37 AM   #117
logan09

Quote:
Just use a Peel washer for an AR15. It should fit fine, just have to file a notch out for the plunger. That way you can time it perfectly too. If you want one I can mail you one out for free. Just PM me.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:58 AM   #118
fpk762
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Fpk762,
Can you check your psa ak muzzle threading?
My psa ak muzzle threaded is about 1/8 inch longer than my polish and rommy ak. The two US made Muzzle compensators that I have won’t work due to the long muzzle threads in my psa ak.
On other hand, my psa ak muzzle detent plunger has the very weak spring and stick out about 1/8 inch vs 1/4 inch on my polish and rommy ak. I am worried that muzzle device may disengage due recoil and weak spring.

Is there a crush washer that work with ak muzzle, so i can tie down my muzzle device like an ar-15?

Thanks,
Cal
Hey cal, my pin only sticks out about an 1/8th as well. I dont have any different muzzle ends to try but i will compare my threading to a m72 i have. I remember on the yugo i had a brake that wouldnt thread down all the way to so it might be a common issue between different origins but im just guessing. It could be the usa made brakes are not threaded as long as a combloc muzzle ends. If i recall psa had different ones for sale on the webpage under ak accessories.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:09 PM   #119
logan09

Just adding to this. I picked up a triangle "Blem" folder. I'd say SAVE your money! Mine was definitely a Blem, it looks like a used gun to me. Machine marks/badly milled parts, scratches in barrel under paint, paint chips, rub marks on high spots. Possibly canted front sight that was fixed?(new pins not matching paint and punch marks on front sight) not at all happy for the price. At least I won't have a problem dropping it once or fifty times :/
Old 11-28-2017, 10:57 PM   #120
Dwe

AKaholic #: 189354

Quote:
Just adding to this. I picked up a triangle "Blem" folder. I'd say SAVE your money! Mine was definitely a Blem, it looks like a used gun to me. Machine marks/badly milled parts, scratches in barrel under paint, paint chips, rub marks on high spots. Possibly canted front sight that was fixed?(new pins not matching paint and punch marks on front sight) not at all happy for the price. At least I won't have a problem dropping it once or fifty times :/
Sorry man!
Sounds a lot like the kit gun I sent back!
Old 11-29-2017, 12:09 AM   #121
logan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwe View Post
Sorry man!
Sounds a lot like the kit gun I sent back!
Probably was! Those were just "some" of the issues I have with it. I don't know what paint they use on these but it's crap. I used high temp heat paint on guns before and baked them and it looks better.

I feel like I would've been better off with a RAS47
Old 11-29-2017, 12:58 AM   #122
travinh

Great looking AK, but reliability is another story. I finally have a chance to take my new PSA AK to the range today with 120 rounds of Wolf HP ammo and 3 different type magazines (Magpul, Yugo & 20 rounds tanker). Stove pipe happened 7 times with the 3 magazine that I brought with me. The cartridge ejection pattern were very interesting, between 2-5 o'clock.

Does PSA AK requires break in period? Is my PSA AK recoil spring too strong?

Old 11-29-2017, 01:27 AM   #123
fpk762
Bronze Contributor

Dam that sucks man, id definitely be calling psa and let them deal with it. Post some pics of the rails and bolt face up close if you can, maybe someone can see some issues. Im guessing it could be the ejector rail or extractor if its throwing the spent cases all over and jamming.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:13 AM   #124
travinh

Quote:
Dam that sucks man, id definitely be calling psa and let them deal with it. Post some pics of the rails and bolt face up close if you can, maybe someone can see some issues. Im guessing it could be the ejector rail or extractor if its throwing the spent cases all over and jamming.
Just took her apart to exam for wear & tear. I don't see any abnormal wear on bolt, but I discovered that my cartridge ejection issue may be related to the tension of the extractor. I can push to move the extractor with very little effort. On the other hand, my Polish UF AK extractor require me to use much more force to move the extractor (like 2 pounds vs 10 pounds).

Last edited by travinh; 11-29-2017 at 02:20 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:20 AM   #125
plastikman47

Quote:

Well, shit. I hope mine ends up OK. The "blem" psa kit I got was fine, sans the bolt carrier, so here's to hoping.
Then again it's been over a week since order with no charge or shipping, so maybe I'll never get it, hah.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:38 AM   #126
fpk762
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Just took her apart to exam for wear & tear. I don't see any abnormal wear on bolt, but I discovered that my cartridge ejection issue may be related to the tension of the extractor. I can push to move the extractor with very little effort. On the other hand, my Polish UF AK extractor require me to use much more force to move the extractor (like 2 pounds vs 10 pounds).

I will check my psa later today and compare. I know my saiga and bulgarian ak's are pretty stiff. Hopefully a few guys who build them can respond. Did you contact palmetto? Looks like a few vodka specials are being shipped out. It could be something simple as a spring but its a new rifle, not acceptable. Pull the bolt apart for a good look. PSA will probably want it returned so make sure you do not send that izzy triangle folder and grip back or you may never see it again!
Old 11-30-2017, 02:14 AM   #127
travinh

Quote:
I will check my psa later today and compare. I know my saiga and bulgarian ak's are pretty stiff. Hopefully a few guys who build them can respond. Did you contact palmetto? Looks like a few vodka specials are being shipped out. It could be something simple as a spring but its a new rifle, not acceptable. Pull the bolt apart for a good look. PSA will probably want it returned so make sure you do not send that izzy triangle folder and grip back or you may never see it again!
I tried to call PSA, but the waiting was too long, so I hung up the phone. I will try to email them instead.

The extractor spring of my PSA AK has 5 coils, but my Rommy AK spring has 6 coils and about 1/8 longer and the spring diameter also bigger than PSA spring.

Does PSA pay the shipping cost both ways for repairing service? From their website, it sounds like customer is responsible for the shipping cost to send the rifle back to PSA for repair.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:29 AM   #128
crotalus
Devil in Baggy Pants
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 183149

Quote:
I tried to call PSA, but the waiting was too long, so I hung up the phone. I will try to email them instead.
Best of luck to you, I hope it works out and you're able to get everything straightened out. That's what happened to me for quite a long time until I ran out of patience.
crotalus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 12:14 PM   #129
Mattylight30
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 172152

Just keep shooting it.

All firearms need a breakin period IMO.
Mattylight30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:09 PM   #130
plastikman47

Please don't ship it back until they send mine, I don't want them to send me your sloppy seconds :P
Almost 2 weeks now, no shipping, still processing. Come on PSA!
Old 11-30-2017, 02:16 PM   #131
fpk762
Bronze Contributor

I have only emailed them before and they responded a few hours later or the next day. It shouldnt need broken in, it should shoot whatever you feed it 100% right from the start. I didnt get a chance to check my bolt out but hopefully tonight.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:49 PM   #132
AK47 IsTheTool
Reloading

AKaholic #: 161508

Just got lucky Nov 18 placed order for Blem Triangle said ah what the Fuck
after reading this shit
... order placed Nov 18... order not shipped
order cancelled, got lucky don't have the time nor the patience to deal with shipping junk back and forth just got off the phone with them....best of luck guys
Old 11-30-2017, 07:50 PM   #133
boutcha
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 172420

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastikman47 View Post
Please don't ship it back until they send mine, I don't want them to send me your sloppy seconds :P
Almost 2 weeks now, no shipping, still processing. Come on PSA!
Sounds like a good time to cancel to me.

NEW Hungarian IWD Stock Set $165
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319273
boutcha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:10 PM   #134
logan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 IsTheTool View Post
Just got lucky Nov 18 placed order for Blem Triangle said ah what the Fuck
after reading this shit
... order placed Nov 18... order not shipped
order cancelled, got lucky don't have the time nor the patience to deal with shipping junk back and forth just got off the phone with them....best of luck guys
Weird, I placed my order on the 17th at night and it shipped the 20th. And they still showed in stock all thru Thanksgiving.

If anyone is still waiting on one I'd suggest you cancel. I think it's a 50/50 chance of you getting a decent one or garbage. I haven't shot mine yet but I'm hoping it functions. The Blems are all back in stock now. They must just be shitting them out like crazy. Thus, making them all Blems.

Also, none of them seem to have reviews on their site? Wonder if they were all negative and were removed like they do on all their negative threads/posts on various gun forums
Old 11-30-2017, 08:53 PM   #135
wormraper

AKaholic #: 192990

I just can't pull the trigger no matter how badass they look. I have GREAT respect for PSA in the AR-15 market, but their AK's have been a nightmare. Not like IO or RAS47 level, but still not enough to where I would end up buying them. and I have 4 of their rifles I built with parts from them.
wormraper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:24 AM   #136
fpk762
Bronze Contributor

good to see them pay the shipping back in your other thread travinh, hopefully they get it right the 2nd time, psa should shoot at least 3 mags worth in the next gun before they ship it just to make sure!
Old 12-02-2017, 02:46 PM   #137
Palmetto State Armory
Vendor

AKaholic #: 182740

TravinH,

Your locking latch is not out too far. I have one in my hands now, and it is the same. I will have them check the sidefolding stock mechanisms to make sure they are gtg when it comes back to us.

Thank you for your business,

Josiah
Palmetto State Armory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:19 PM   #138
logan09

I took mine out today. Fired 195 rounds. Didn't have a single issue, and for that I'm happy. Recoil spring seems pretty weak. Bolt is slapping the trunnion pretty good. Seems fairly over-gassed as well.

Other issues I noticed was my sight post windage drum was moving left and right after each shot. Was wondering wtf was going on. Can move it with my thumb with little effort. Also what I didn't notice before is, it seems like someone forgot to install the plunger spring for the slant brake. I almost lost that until I realized it was un-screwing while being fired. So, looks like I'll be doing some more work to it.

All in all with the finish wear, machining marks, half ass put together for $630, I'd say it was money well Wasted. I'd much rather have a Yugo, or Romy for the same price.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:43 PM   #139
Fjordforder

FFS PSA, is it too much to request a complete product be sent to the distributor?

Old 12-02-2017, 09:19 PM   #140
AK47 IsTheTool
Reloading

AKaholic #: 161508

American Ak Palmetto?