Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 11-11-2017, 09:50 AM   #1
mengra1
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 184774
Default Cartel weapons

searching through the endless abyss of online .jpeg files from a "cartel weapons" google search because I'm planning a cartel build for my next AK, I couldn't help but wonder about the origins of the ak47s I saw.

With that said, many were Chinese, and Romanian. They appear to be factory full autos.

Given the nature of Mexico's stance on gun laws (very strict) I couldn't help but question how they're getting them?

Now I'm not naďve and realize money talks and bullshit walks, but we know they aren't getting these guns (mostly full auto) from the United States.

Is anyone aware if China still imports ak47s to Mexico? or are these ex military firearms already present and seized by cartels?
Old 11-11-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
AK74NOLA

AKaholic #: 193147

Quote:
Originally Posted by mengra1 View Post
searching through the endless abyss of online .jpeg files from a "cartel weapons" google search because I'm planning a cartel build for my next AK, I couldn't help but wonder about the origins of the ak47s I saw.

With that said, many were Chinese, and Romanian. They appear to be factory full autos.

Given the nature of Mexico's stance on gun laws (very strict) I couldn't help but question how they're getting them?

Now I'm not naďve and realize money talks and bullshit walks, but we know they aren't getting these guns (mostly full auto) from the United States.

Is anyone aware if China still imports ak47s to Mexico? or are these ex military firearms already present and seized by cartels?
Come across the border from South American counties, Columbia, Venezuela, etc..
AK74NOLA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:12 AM   #3
paratrooper101
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 4790

Its the cartel. Don't think they worry about laws and restrictions. They will import what They want.
paratrooper101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #4
Billlyb

AKaholic #: 185161

Exactly like Chicago, they don worry about laws. !!
Billlyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:20 AM   #5
Ram Rod
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 182786

Quote:
Originally Posted by paratrooper101 View Post
Its the cartel. Don't think they worry about laws and restrictions. They will import what They want.
Exactly. Besides. it's their country so they make and break the laws as they see fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugroza View Post
In all seriousness I cant tell whether some of you are simply blind, ignorant or stupid..
DEFCON 3.3
Ram Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:47 AM   #6
kdstang

AKaholic #: 164894

Quote:

Cartels have outsized authority in Mexico, a LOT of their members are ex-special forces, they have the know how, money, and connections to get pretty much whatever they want.
kdstang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:53 AM   #7
mengra1
Veteran Member

again, I understand how cartels work and operate, I'm asking if anyone knows if China imports weapons to Mexico, or any other south American country, as in how are they getting there. I don't give a shit who cares about what laws. We agree on this wholely.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:04 AM   #8
Idratherbapickle

AKaholic #: 193120

Your asking how some of the most wealthiest criminal organizations on the planet get their arms?

Money buys what money wants. I'm sure they have a number of resources. I'm sure a portion of those resources come from within the Mexican government itself. We see the flashy ak47s and pistols. The reality is, most of those guns are status pieces. I would be willing to bet there's far more M-16/M4/AR-15s in use by them in their dope wars.

I would also suspect a lot of their weapons could be traced back to the US government. Not directly, but weapons sold off from past and present years of US suppling or funding. The lower America's have been recieving help and or meddling from us for decades.

I don't think it really matters how or from who they get their weapons from. The power of the dollar trumps everything. So long as billions are being made, nobody is going to stop it... sad but true.

Last edited by Idratherbapickle; 11-11-2017 at 11:26 AM.
Idratherbapickle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:32 AM   #9
Worm
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 170245

Just because the AK's are of Chinese or Romanian origin (or wherever else) doesn't mean they came directly from those countries. Plenty of countries have been aided with Kalashnikovs. All you need is the hook up & the money and it's probably a walk in the park to find.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:33 AM   #10
greasemonkoid

AKaholic #: 191346

Quote:
Obama, Eric Holder, Hillary...
greasemonkoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:51 AM   #11
INFIDEL762
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 185057

Quote:
again, I understand how cartels work and operate, I'm asking if anyone knows if China imports weapons to Mexico, or any other south American country, as in how are they getting there. I don't give a shit who cares about what laws. We agree on this wholely.
I'm pretty sure Mexico imports weapons from China along with the metric tons of ephedrine they use to make crystal methamphetamine.
INFIDEL762 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:02 PM   #12
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator

AKaholic #: 5678

OP, perhaps you missed the news from a while back about the cartel(s) sending buyers to the middle east on "shopping trips"?

"Hey Achmed, just fill that container with Kalashnikovs & send it to 123 Calle Cuchillo de Muerto, MX. Here's $50,000 USD KTHX"
nalioth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:12 PM   #13
mengra1
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
OP, perhaps you missed the news from a while back about the cartel(s) sending buyers to the middle east on "shopping trips"?

"Hey Achmed, just fill that container with Kalashnikovs & send it to 123 Calle Cuchillo de Muerto, MX. Here's $50,000 USD KTHX"
yeah I missed that for sure. not surprising.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:10 PM   #14
Il Cattivo

AKaholic #: 180088

I haven't seen any news items recently, but google "Port of Los Angeles", "weapon" and "Mexico". Entire shiploads of Chinese AKs and FN PS90s have been caught there in the process of trans-shipment down to Mexico. Apparently there's so much traffic at the port that it's a relatively easy way to get the guns into the country.
Il Cattivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:21 PM   #15
SuperTacOperator44
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 177348

They probably just import them straight from those countries like you would import anything else. Mexico has long been a failed state. The cartels can own anything they want and everyone is on the payroll. I'm sure they own entire ports.
Do you have to have a class III license to get banana clips?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
I take a Norinco 1911 or M14 over any of those fancy ass range toys that are made in Murcia.
^Epic Facepalm^
SuperTacOperator44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:13 PM   #16
mengra1
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTacOperator44 View Post
They probably just import them straight from those countries like you would import anything else. Mexico has long been a failed state. The cartels can own anything they want and everyone is on the payroll. I'm sure they own entire ports.
very valid point. pay to play with the federales...
Old 11-11-2017, 02:20 PM   #17
Sabre5G
The Mouth of Sauron

AKaholic #: 181719

I saw a full auto G-3 the other day at the port of entry in Juárez. A G-3A4 Retractable stock version. The Mexican Army had a shitbag guard over there with a kit on without any mag pouches and his helmet was just sitting around. Looked pretty low intensity for a big murder hotspot in a country at war. Here in the USA we have cops with more shit I had on than a combat zone. The us coos act like they will die at any second.

I went to Mexico because... I was dumb enough to give my pit to my wife’s relative that had a friend. 6 months later on Halloween I get a voicemail from Mexico saying that someone found my dog starved. I got her back almost starved to death like those crazy skeletal dogs on fuckbook. I will say at least some people are nice enough to take care of starving dogs with collars.

--Originally posted by Nofreetime—
“PTR’s are obsolete Fudd Sticks.”

Last edited by Sabre5G; 11-11-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Sabre5G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:46 PM   #18
chewbacca_chump29

AKaholic #: 180913

I think Eric Holder would know.
chewbacca_chump29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:35 PM   #19
Worm
Curio & Relic

What's your ideas for the cartel build? Sticker of mother Mary on the stock & crosses etched into the handguard? Haha Seriously though what ya thinkin? Sounds like a fun idea
Old 11-12-2017, 12:16 AM   #20
Il Cattivo

Well, you could start with just about any EBR you wanted to. I think it would take a special level of commitment to go the gold and ivory route, though. OTOH, if you're into cartel religious icons...

http://www.zazzle.com/santa_muerte_b...42575609219386
Old 11-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #21
Kazzbomb9
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 168541

Thread reminds me of watching "Sicario" the other night. Cartels are evil. I'd prefer the khyber pass ak over the cartel one.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:55 AM   #22
Scott7891
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 58999

Like others said, they are the cartel. They have access to any AK they wish.

Pick any ol' AK you can get stateside and I guarantee you the cartel will have the real full-auto version of it in their hands.
Scott7891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:25 PM   #23
oakhandledsks
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 7249

I am working on a cartel special, I live a block away from napa auto parts. Gold engine paint looks decent enough, can't decide what to do with the furniture.

I am thinking pearl white..... paint of course.

oakhandledsks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:15 PM   #24
boutcha
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 172420

I'm sure the Cartels also buy from those bought and paid for inside their own government.

Back in the 80's we used to walk across the border with money in a pocket and some hidden in other locations(like shoes).
Some local Federales would shake down Americans and have you empty your pockets.
Take the cash in your pockets and let you go.
This was one reason we never drove or would be there after dark.
They would look for US plated vehicles, just to pull over US Citizens-their targets.
In Mexico the government is just as corrupt as any other organization.
I'm quite sure that Cartels make payments to all branches of the Government.

When I lived in Imperial Beach, this was standard protocol for locals to go shopping in Tijuana to go get deals on all kinds of goods.
Border Security very rarely ever looked in your bags to see what or how much you had bought back then.
I'm sure that has changed, I forget the amount you were "supposed" to declare back then.
Now, I think you're supposed to declare anything.

NEW Hungarian IWD Stock Set $165
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319273
boutcha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:37 PM   #25
chillypepper

AKaholic #: 176015

Quote:
Originally Posted by boutcha View Post

When I lived in Imperial Beach, this was standard protocol for locals to go shopping in Tijuana to go get deals on all kinds of goods.
Border Security very rarely ever looked in your bags to see what or how much you had bought back then.
I'm sure that has changed, I forget the amount you were "supposed" to declare back then.
Now, I think you're supposed to declare anything.
my previous boss bought a house in IP, Viktor (Ukrainian kid, I worked with) and I stayed there for the remodel of the house. Pretty much a joke of a job and we did 2-3 hour lunches at the bar a couple doors down and more than once I woke up on a fold up cot at the beach hotel another block down. We'd sit on the balcony and try to watch the bull fight arena with the bino's but that wasn't all that great.

Never crossed the border cause of my ccw.I may not have mentioned that I grew up in SD county and left my senior year of high school years before I went this. Got to sit and watch lots of "immigration" in the middle of the night though. There used to be a clear trail across that swap that the jarheads have(had? been a while I ain't sure these days). Never saw any guns that weren't on a cops hip or military bird. but what a great party town at that time.
chillypepper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:43 PM   #26
chillypepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhandledsks View Post
I am working on a cartel special, I live a block away from napa auto parts. Gold engine paint looks decent enough, can't decide what to do with the furniture.

I am thinking pearl white..... paint of course.

Love the minnie D. Someone stole my minnie dapple that was my greatest friend and full time hunting partner.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:07 PM   #27
GuzziMike
DEPLORABLE

AKaholic #: 159432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worm View Post
Just because the AK's are of Chinese or Romanian origin (or wherever else) doesn't mean they came directly from those countries. Plenty of countries have been aided with Kalashnikovs. All you need is the hook up & the money and it's probably a walk in the park to find.
Cuba would be my vote as a primary source for AKMs.

Cuba and Mexico have a long standing, simpatico relationship.

Remember that Fidel and Co. planned and sailed forth from a port in Mexico when they went to revolutionize Cuba.

And, again, they are in close geographical proximity to each other.

PALMS 7.62-39: Though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil, for I wield a mighty AK, and I'm Reckoning to Go Medieval on thy Marxist Demons

Last edited by GuzziMike; 11-12-2017 at 05:20 PM.
GuzziMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:17 PM   #28
chillypepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuzziMike View Post
Cuba would be my vote.

Cuba and Mexico have a long standing, simpatico relationship.

Remember that Fidel and Co. planned and sailed forth from a port in Mexico when they went to revolutionize Cuba.
That is a valid point. My only argument to that would be that everything would be russian and not chinese.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:02 PM   #29
Il Cattivo

By the same token, I'm kind of surprised that we haven't heard of there being more Venezuelan AKs there. Hell, Maduro & Co. are in the same industry as the cartel boys.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:22 PM   #30
Worm
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillypepper View Post
That is a valid point. My only argument to that would be that everything would be russian and not chinese.
Having been a collector of Middle Eastern guns for some time, I can tell you with absolute certainty that if you dug hard enough, you'd find the X-country's guns to the Y-country connection... especially Chinese arms. Aid went (and still goes) fuggin everywhere.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:00 AM   #31
Eli

AKaholic #: 189564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Cattivo View Post
By the same token, I'm kind of surprised that we haven't heard of there being more Venezuelan AKs there. Hell, Maduro & Co. are in the same industry as the cartel boys.
Good point, but it seems that Venezuela is being used as a hub for the weapons and they don’t necessarily originate there. For example, before Chavez you’d never see an AK in criminal hands down there, except maybe near Colombia, but now they’re relatively common. Word is that the Sinaloa cartel is so entrenched with the Venezuelan generals that they no longer have to sell weapons from the national arsenals, they skim off the top of what transits through. Also, many tines when you see an AK in criminal hands it’s not an AK103 but Eastern European instead. Aka “not an officially purchased firearm for the armed forces”.
Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:08 AM   #32
savagebrother

AKaholic #: 162509

You guys amaze me!!! Nobody not one of you has said where they get all there money from???? The scum bag users in this country!!! As long as we keep treating our illegal drug users the same as traffic violators instead of the traitors they are. Well then we get what we deserve!!! We cut out the users we cut out the money, and that's a fact.
We need to have a war against illegal drug users, NOW!!!!
SB
Old 11-13-2017, 01:14 AM   #33
Worm
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagebrother View Post
You guys amaze me!!! Nobody not one of you has said where they get all there money from???? The scum bag users in this country!!! As long as we keep treating our illegal drug users the same as traffic violators instead of the traitors they are. Well then we get what we deserve!!! We cut out the users we cut out the money, and that's a fact.
SB
I see nothing immoral about human beings making decisions about what they put into their bodies. Cartels & the violence they bring wouldn't exist without prohibition & the "drug war" has ruined far more innocent lives than the drugs ever could themselves.

"Scumbag users in this country." Sure, many are scumbags. Many aren't. Many who don't use "illegal" drugs are scumbags too. Many who drink alcohol, one of the most dangerous drugs on the planet are scumbags. Big deal. If they aren't personally fucking with you, then what they're doing to themselves, illegal or not, is none of your concern. It becomes their concern when YOU support fucking with them.

Give it the fuck up already.

Last edited by Worm; 11-13-2017 at 01:21 AM.
Worm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:02 PM   #34
TXsailor

AKaholic #: 193986

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagebrother View Post
SB
Literally no one was talking about this. It's not in even in the realm of the question being asked. In fact, I feel dumber for even acknowledging your unwanted contribution.
TXsailor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:15 PM   #35
GDubya

AKaholic #: 191529

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillypepper View Post
Love the minnie D. Someone stole my minnie dapple that was my greatest friend and full time hunting partner.
Yeah, I'm thinkin' Pearl White is tits to match the gold.
If it bothers you, you can always bleach the minnie D. to again match the furniture
Sorry Bro, I'm a big dog lover too. But I'm a BIG dog lover...