Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 11-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #1
burnyburnout

AKaholic #: 188410
Location: Canada I wish to communicate and exchange knowledge with other AK users around the world.
Default Defective WBP parts?

Apparently somebody bought a WBP parts kit with a severely bent bolt carrier to the point that it will not function in any rifle.

Anybody else have similar issues?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbM4y0AA...y=militaryarms
burnyburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #2
RockyTop1911
More AKs Please!

AKaholic #: 186184

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnyburnout View Post
Apparently somebody bought a WBP parts kit with a severely bent bolt carrier to the point that it will not function in any rifle.

Anybody else have similar issues?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbM4y0AA...y=militaryarms
Good to know. I have one of the Atlantic WBPs with the Morrissey Receiver. All is straight.
"The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon." George Washington "Runaway government threatens our economic survival, our most cherished institutions, and the very preservation of freedom itself." Ronald Reagan "It depends upon what the meaning of the word is, is." William Jefferson Clinton "I've now been in 57 states." Barack Hussein Obama
RockyTop1911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:22 PM   #3
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

AKaholic #: 162925

Read all the comments and it doesn't seem to be anything other than a few instances with their parts kits. I have 2 WBP's from Atlantic and they are strait, well made and function perfect. It's manufacturing and sure things can slip through the cracks doesn't look to me to be anything of a big concern.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:26 PM   #4
RockyTop1911
More AKs Please!

AKaholic #: 186184

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-91 View Post
Read all the comments and it doesn't seem to be anything other than a few instances with their parts kits. I have 2 WBP's from Atlantic and they are strait, well made and function perfect. It's manufacturing and sure things can slip through the cracks doesn't look to me to be anything of a big concern.
Agree
"The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon." George Washington "Runaway government threatens our economic survival, our most cherished institutions, and the very preservation of freedom itself." Ronald Reagan "It depends upon what the meaning of the word is, is." William Jefferson Clinton "I've now been in 57 states." Barack Hussein Obama
RockyTop1911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:32 PM   #5
Scott7891
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 58999

Stuff happens even among the best manufacturers.

At least through Atlantic they QC all the parts so you know you will be taken care of compared to buying a random parts kit in the wild.
Scott7891 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #6
burnyburnout

AKaholic #: 188410
Location: Canada I wish to communicate and exchange knowledge with other AK users around the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-91 View Post
That's what I figured. Everything I've read is that the WBP parts are good to go.

Whether or not they would qualify as "combloc mil spec" parts is a different story.
burnyburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:11 PM   #7
mishaco
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 190226

Just buy your parts (or parts kits) from a known & trusted source. So if there is an issue, you can return it without too much bother. This goes for pretty much everything.
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #8
Atlantic Firearms
Curio & Relic
Vendor

AKaholic #: 4032

Thus far we have been very pleased with the WBP parts and not really had issues with their parts . There can always be a bad apple that sneaks by an inspector you can see evidence of this from Com Bloc imported rifles all of the time . Saigas , Wasr and even Bulgarian Arsenal rifles have arrived at our facility with various degrees of issues from time to time. The good news is problem parts is not the norm and if sold by Arms of America they will back up their products.
Atlantic Firearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:23 AM   #9
gomeybear

AKaholic #: 193981

On my CG1 from Atlantic I had some scraping on the side of the bolt carrier piston after I shot it, and it wasnt there before I shot it. Not sure if thats typical but I feel it may indicate something being slightly out of alignment and when the bolt carrier is in motion it maybe contacting the side of the rear sight leaf causing the scraping. Didn’t affect the functionality of the weapon at all though.
gomeybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:36 AM   #10
Maxxsmart

AKaholic #: 193820

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomeybear View Post
On my CG1 from Atlantic I had some scraping on the side of the bolt carrier piston after I shot it, and it wasnt there before I shot it. Not sure if thats typical but I feel it may indicate something being slightly out of alignment and when the bolt carrier is in motion it maybe contacting the side of the rear sight leaf causing the scraping. Didnít affect the functionality of the weapon at all though.
Sounds like the standard loose AK fitment. I usually swab a little grease around the tapered section of the carrier, just after the piston connection. A lot of carriers I have seen usually get polished in these areas as the round count gets higher.

Maybe a couple pics?
Maxxsmart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:38 PM   #11
mishaco
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 190226

Just a wear point in the AK design.

I'd say 1/3 or more of my rifles have some wear there after a few mags through them; no big thing. I'd only be bothered if i heard/felt scraping when dry cycling the bolt. Even then, not a reliability thing, but it would bug me. I do like my guns to be reasonably smooth.

We did put the first rounds through the CG1 this Saturday, and it ran without issue. It was also very smooth.
Its dirty as hell now, and we have no plans to clean it aside from just oiling the outside as it was raining a bit this past weekend.
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:42 PM   #12
blanddragon

AKaholic #: 193700

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaco View Post
Just a wear point in the AK design.

I'd say 1/3 or more of my rifles have some wear there after a few mags through them; no big thing. I'd only be bothered if i heard/felt scraping when dry cycling the bolt. Even then, not a reliability thing, but it would bug me. I do like my guns to be reasonably smooth.

We did put the first rounds through the CG1 this Saturday, and it ran without issue. It was also very smooth.
Its dirty as hell now, and we have no plans to clean it aside from just oiling the outside as it was raining a bit this past weekend.
Awesome. Can't wait for the video.
blanddragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:56 PM   #13
PermaAK
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 188710

Nope...All is good.