Notices

Old 11-16-2017, 10:05 PM   #36
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

AKaholic #: 162925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwe View Post
Go for it....
I also thought about the Red WBP, but I will pass on that one.
I'm still hoping for a WBP UF. So I will continue to enjoy my CG1 and the Classic for the time being.
I really don't need that encouragement thank you very much. If I didn't have that Red Boyds furniture on the DAKM I just bought from Atlantic I'd definately have a 3 rd WBP. Like you I'm going to just enjoy my Classic and CG1. But for those in the market it's definitely one not to pass up. What I might do is buy the Red furniture and swap it out on my CG1. That's definitely more doable and I don't have to buy another safe.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:50 PM   #37
Dwe

AKaholic #: 189354

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-91 View Post
I really don't need that encouragement thank you very much. If I didn't have that Red Boyds furniture on the DAKM I just bought from Atlantic I'd definately have a 3 rd WBP. Like you I'm going to just enjoy my Classic and CG1. But for those in the market it's definitely one not to pass up. What I might do is buy the Red furniture and swap it out on my CG1. That's definitely more doable and I don't have to buy another safe.
Another reason I'll pass on the red WBP is that I have scratched the Red Russian AK thing, so I have no need.
This was my first rifle from Atlantic and my first of my three VEPRs.
It also the rifle that really turned me down the path of being an AK addict.

That being said, the red WBP is a looker.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:07 AM   #38
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

Yep the Red makes it, nice VEPR. That Red Atlantic has is very nice and makes anything you put it on stand out. That's what makes that Red WBP an above average deal.

My DAKM with it:

Old 11-17-2017, 07:33 AM   #39
Atlantic Firearms
Curio & Relic
Vendor

AKaholic #: 4032

We have been fortunate to get valuable input from AK Files members and our clients and this is helping expand the WBP Polish line. The offerings will continue to grow over the next 6 -8 months as new ideas are put into action. Thanks to all who have offered their feedback .

KALASHNIKOV Rifle
Atlantic Firearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:35 AM   #40
FalseFlagOps

AKaholic #: 194141

Nice pics guys, I have 2 veprs from atlantic with the burgundy and sunburst stocks, and my saiga also the sunburst which I think looks the best imho. I did buy the bodys Russian red set when on sale with plans to put it on a slr107.......now that looks more likely to be going on another cg1 when back in stock. Atlantic has a nice niche here with Arsenal dropping the ball. Maybe Atlantic throws some of their loyal clients a discount code for all this free focus group data?
FalseFlagOps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:17 PM   #41
Lateralus

AKaholic #: 181721

Damn...you just HAD to mention the WBP with the red furniture.

/hand inches toward wallet

I would love to see a WBP with the Sunburst as well. The RAK rifles were just too pricey for me to bite on one. Same for the post-sanction VEPRs. I would love to have another one but that markup, d'oh.

#ProudDeplorable!
Lateralus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:30 PM   #42
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee

AKaholic #: 159575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms View Post
We have been fortunate to get valuable input from AK Files members and our clients and this is helping expand the WBP Polish line. The offerings will continue to grow over the next 6 -8 months as new ideas are put into action. Thanks to all who have offered their feedback .

KALASHNIKOV Rifle
That's a nice looking AK.
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:19 PM   #43
TubThumper74

AKaholic #: 191953

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms View Post

KALASHNIKOV Rifle
Can we assume the Childer's receiver version of this isn't too far off?
TubThumper74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:29 AM   #44
RockyTop1911
More AKs Please!

AKaholic #: 186184

Looks nice but Red Russian don't belong on a Polish Rifle. Go with the Polish Furniture. That Boyds red ain't all that anyway. Got it on my RAK and looks good but not as nice as some Russian Surplus laminate or some Ironwood Designs.
"The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon." George Washington "Runaway government threatens our economic survival, our most cherished institutions, and the very preservation of freedom itself." Ronald Reagan "It depends upon what the meaning of the word is, is." William Jefferson Clinton "I've now been in 57 states." Barack Hussein Obama
RockyTop1911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:38 AM   #45
Clown

AKaholic #: 191726
Location: Somewhere in Europe, because people argued on my location, feel free to ask in PM if curious.

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while, how the hell do you guys shoot so well? You guys def shoot ”over” the spec of the rifle. Is that because uours are builds? I read in facts somewhere that the spec of the stamped AK allows an expert shooter 15cm groupings on 100m with 10 rounds. And this is something I’ve heard consistantly repeated to me aswell. And lord knows I don’t shoot close to as good as the groupings a lot of you guys claim on this forum. Am I a bad shot, is factory AK’s less accurate or is a lot of this ”fishermen stories”(those without photos)????
Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:58 AM   #46
DevJames

AKaholic #: 193787

Ammo, the shooter and the rifle can all play a factor.

A good barrel on a good built rifle of damn near any design should be able to shoot 3MOA
DevJames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 01:06 AM   #47
Clown

Location: Somewhere in Europe, because people argued on my location, feel free to ask in PM if curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJames View Post

A good barrel on a good built rifle of damn near any design should be able to shoot 3MOA
I’ve never had the 2-3 inch groupings talked about on this board with an AK. Only ever had that when I’ve put a rifle in a vise grip basically. (Not that I’ve EVER measured a grouping in my life. )

That’s why zero fucks were given and I now use a 3-4 MOA red dot.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:29 AM   #48
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown View Post
...Thatís why zero fucks were given and I now use a 3-4 MOA red dot.
Why not just go all out and get an 8 MOA dot and never shoot at anything smaller than an elephant?
Old 11-18-2017, 01:31 AM   #49
Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJames View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-91 View Post
Why not just go all out and get an 8 MOA dot and never shoot at anything smaller than an elephant?
Well, I bought it because fuck it, AND optics are expensive in europe. And a 2 moa dot is like, 100-150 dollars more expensive than a 4
Old 11-18-2017, 05:25 AM   #50
mishaco

AKaholic #: 190226

You can take comfort and satisfaction in the certain knowledge that your groups are definitely tighter than mine.
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:54 AM   #51
FalseFlagOps

AKaholic #: 194141

Nice video on the CG1 by mishaco recently, he should be on Atlantic's payroll for consulting fees, just looking forward to the much anticipated range report. I have only gotten to put about 300 rounds through my CG1 and very pleased thus far, not much but take it for what its worth. My only "complaint" with this build is that the dust cover rattles freely (as also commented by Misha, wondering if this is common with parts kit builds?)....I have 9 AK variants including Veprs, Saiga, Arsenal sam7, CG1, Draco, M92 Pap, Wasr, etc for reference and this is the only one that does that, more of an annoyance than anything but also the only parts build of the lot. That being said, the remaining fit and finish of the rifle are otherwise superbly done by Atlantic and puts the finish on the arsenal and wasr to shame.

As for the purists who don't like the Russian red or sunburst stock set on the Polska....I get it. Just like saying Kate Upton is less attractive cause her tits are too big. To each their own. C'mon! Also, Atlantic did sell out of these in about 72 hrs so there you go and they did confirm the Russian red set on this model is built on a Morrissey receiver for those interested.

Also, have gotten consistent 2-3 MOA groups with most of these rifles from bench, not expecting sub MOA like from my Tikka TacA1 obviously but for the model, round, and battle rifle, 2-3 MOA is certainly achievable and more than adequate imho.

“I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it,” Clint Eastwood

Last edited by FalseFlagOps; 11-18-2017 at 07:59 AM.
FalseFlagOps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:20 AM   #52
Bakwa
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 190595

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaco View Post
You can take comfort and satisfaction in the certain knowledge that your groups are definitely tighter than mine.

Now that's pretty funny.
God bless you sir.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:32 AM   #53
Atlantic Firearms
Curio & Relic
Vendor

AKaholic #: 4032

Folks , The Russian Red stock set option was offered because of the number of request we had from clients. It may not appeal to you but it does to others . Keep in mind it is a option and we do offer plenty of the WBP AK47 rifles with the Polish laminate. We do appreciate everybody input and polite constructive criticism is welcome.

Atlantic Firearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 10:57 AM   #54
RockyTop1911
More AKs Please!

AKaholic #: 186184

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaco View Post
lol
"The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon." George Washington "Runaway government threatens our economic survival, our most cherished institutions, and the very preservation of freedom itself." Ronald Reagan "It depends upon what the meaning of the word is, is." William Jefferson Clinton "I've now been in 57 states." Barack Hussein Obama
RockyTop1911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:27 PM   #55
gomeybear

AKaholic #: 193981
Default Threads on WBP CG1

Are the barrels on the wbp cg1 threaded at 14-1 mm LH?
gomeybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:29 PM   #56
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomeybear View Post
Are the barrels on the wbp cg1 threaded at 14-1 mm LH?
Yes.