Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 11-14-2017, 03:53 PM   #1
dpast32

AKaholic #: 184750
Default Arsenal Inc., Bulgarian Milled SAM7-UF Replacement Furniture

Hello Gent's, I'm looking around for a set of replacement furniture for my Arsenal Inc., Bulgarian, Milled SAM7-UF. ( 7.62 ) As it's an under-folder, all I need is the HANDGUARD & PISTOL GRIP, & would like either PLUM, or FDE / TAN, as a 2nd choice. I checked K-Var's web-page, but didn't note much at all for the milled rcvr variants. ( They may have had full stock sets in black, but that's not what I need. ) Are there any other vendors of Arsenal Inc. replacement furniture ? Any assistance with this will be very much appreciated. THANKS

Best, dpast32
dpast32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:00 PM   #2
allesennogwat
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 3738

I think the main difference between milled and stamped furniture, is the size of the lower handguard tail that goes into the front of the receiver.

Mainly the width.

The stamped I think is wider than the milled, so it may be possible to fit it by reducing the width.

There may be other differences, but that's the one that I seem to remember.

There are some other vendors that carry older K-var stock, that may have other parts.

I think the SAM-7 has a stamped gas tube and stamped handguard retainer.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:03 PM   #3
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee

AKaholic #: 159575

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpast32 View Post
Hello Gent's, I'm looking around for a set of replacement furniture for my Arsenal Inc., Bulgarian, Milled SAM7-UF. ( 7.62 ) As it's an under-folder, all I need is the HANDGUARD & PISTOL GRIP, & would like either PLUM, or FDE / TAN, as a 2nd choice. I checked K-Var's web-page, but didn't note much at all for the milled rcvr variants. ( They may have had full stock sets in black, but that's not what I need. ) Are there any other vendors of Arsenal Inc. replacement furniture ? Any assistance with this will be very much appreciated. THANKS

Best, dpast32
You'll have to do some trimming on the lower HG to fit the milled receiver if you were to use HG's for a stamped receiver. Yes, trimming the lower HG can be done with a dremel. The top HG (gas tube cover), no modification needed.
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:51 PM   #4
ChilLyWilLy

AKaholic #: 185882

Here you go
http://ironwooddesigns.com/products/...am7-slr95.html
ChilLyWilLy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:51 PM   #5
Poppy83

AKaholic #: 174447

I'm pretty sure K-Var has plum handguards for a milled receiver.

Edit: http://www.k-var.com/shop/AK-404USPM.html
Poppy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:18 PM   #6
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

AKaholic #: 162925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy83 View Post
I'm pretty sure K-Var has plum handguards for a milled receiver.

Edit: http://www.k-var.com/shop/AK-404USPM.html
I put those on my SAM7 sf to replace my black ones. Fit right on. Don't see why they wouldn't fit your UF.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:51 PM   #7
dpast32

THANK Guy's for all the kind replies ! About an hour ago I checked with K-Var, & they told me they didn't have any in stock, but to call them & they would help me to locate some. OK, but I just went to the link 'Poppy83' sent me, & it sure looks like they had at least 1 plum HG set available ? I might go for that set, & then just look around for a plum PG somewhere. There's no milled or stamped on them, anyone should be good. Boy, if this just a couple of years ago, there were a ton of these colored Arsenal sets around !! I had originally planned on going Grey MagPul ( Mag620 ), however, they are NOT an easy fit !!!! The top HG was tough enough, but finally went on. The botton HG, forget it, it's @ .25" or more too wide. If I still want it on, it's going to have to be a Dremel job. ( Which I hate to do. ) I knew I should have ordered it in Plum or FDE to begin with. I never learn, if you plan to put something on, always try to get it as purchased from the factory. I've also got my Arsenal 106CR to Plum up, but that's a headache for another day. THANKS again.

Best, dpast32
Old 11-14-2017, 07:09 PM   #8
ChilLyWilLy

AKaholic #: 185882

Oops, totally skipped over your PLUM even though you bolded it. I was shopping around with multiple windows up and browsed the post.......
ChilLyWilLy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:17 PM   #9
dpast32

Oh well, so much for the K-Var Plum HG, it's now listed as not in stock. I attempted to buy it this morning, & I guess they checked for it, & updated the page. I'll keep looking, somebody's got to have an Arsenal AK-404USPM for sale, somewhere. I also found Hogue AK HG's, & noted that they're listed as fitting both milled & stamped rcvrs ? I find that hard to be true, at leasy w/o any modification of it ? If they do indeed 'snap on' my milled version, I'll grab one right up. It's not what I was really looking for, but it will work as an interim part. THANKS Guys !

Best, dpast32
Old 11-15-2017, 04:33 PM   #10
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

AKaholic #: 162925

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpast32 View Post
Oh well, so much for the K-Var Plum HG, it's now listed as not in stock. I attempted to buy it this morning, & I guess they checked for it, & updated the page. I'll keep looking, somebody's got to have an Arsenal AK-404USPM for sale, somewhere. I also found Hogue AK HG's, & noted that they're listed as fitting both milled & stamped rcvrs ? I find that hard to be true, at leasy w/o any modification of it ? If they do indeed 'snap on' my milled version, I'll grab one right up. It's not what I was really looking for, but it will work as an interim part. THANKS Guys !

Best, dpast32
Just be patient the plum is in and out of stock frequently. When I first got my 7sf they sent me a black one instead of plum. Went on K-Var's site found the plum but didn't order it right away, when I went back a few weeks later it was out of stock. Waited a while and they came back in and I bought them. It's not like you don't have anything on it now. They'll be back. As for grips I've got these on mine and like them a lot: https://www.ebay.com/itm/AGR-47-Rubb...72.m2749.l2649

Last edited by HK-91; 11-15-2017 at 04:39 PM.
HK-91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:39 PM   #11
dpast32

OK Gent's, The 'PLUM Crisis' has been resolved ! I just got off the phone with a great guy named Houston Moore from K-Var. He was the person I E-mailed yesterday & he told me to call him. Well, my 3 pc Plum HG & PG assemblies are shipping out today, & I'm now a happy AK'er. Now, I'll just have to look for a barrel type light mount for my U/F. This particular weapon will be kept as light as possible. Perhaps later on I'll choose to mount a R/D on it, but for now I'd prefer not to take any of my R/D's off the weapons they're currently mounted on. THANKS again for all the kind replies, I really appreciated them.

Best, dpast32