Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 11-20-2017, 09:35 AM   #36
TheGreek!
ALPHA MALE

AKaholic #: 157160

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureform View Post
I love my sar-1 worth every penny... And has dimples =)
What is it with the love for the dimples? People knock wasrs for not having them and say that's the reason why they would take a SAR over a wasr but those same people will praise the AES10-B RPK which also doesn't have dimples. You can't have it both ways, you can't hate the wasr for not having dimples and love the AES-10B if the dimples are the reason to not like the wasr.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:18 AM   #37
ruskiegunlover

AKaholic #: 194387

I like aks for a number of reasons. The dimple-less look looks commercial, made for the public. Doesn't look authentic at all. Dimples just add to the appearance of the rifle.

Nothing wrong with wasrs though. Had one for a while. Quality......I just want the appearance too.
ruskiegunlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:36 AM   #38
TheGreek!
ALPHA MALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiegunlover View Post
I like aks for a number of reasons. The dimple-less look looks commercial, made for the public. Doesn't look authentic at all. Dimples just add to the appearance of the rifle.

Nothing wrong with wasrs though. Had one for a while. Quality......I just want the appearance too.
It might LOOK commercial to you but it's not. Military Romy RPK's haven't had dimples for a very long time now, it's the way they come from the factory. They're not making guns with one style receiver for the export market and another style for use in Romania, all they do is leave out the machining for the full auto parts in the export guns.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:49 AM   #39
Craigan

AKaholic #: 187609

The lack of dimples certainly doesn't seem to have any effect on the opinion of VEPRs...
Craigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:03 AM   #40
TheGreek!
ALPHA MALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigan View Post
The lack of dimples certainly doesn't seem to have any effect on the opinion of VEPRs...
I forgot about the lack of dimples on a vepr. Everybody says how wonderful they are but how can they be any good without the almighty dimples?
Old 11-20-2017, 11:32 AM   #41
ruskiegunlover

AKaholic #: 194387

Agreed. If I wanted the closest thing to a rommy rpk I would accept that.

Their akms had dimples though. All I have are akms.

Again, nothing wrong with them. I just prefer the dimples. Looks more like a cold war era ak.

Are they building wasrs on the military rpk line? Not producing dimpled recievers at all anymore?
ruskiegunlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:29 PM   #42
TheGreek!
ALPHA MALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiegunlover View Post
Agreed. If I wanted the closest thing to a rommy rpk I would accept that.

Their akms had dimples though. All I have are akms.

Again, nothing wrong with them. I just prefer the dimples. Looks more like a cold war era ak.

Are they building wasrs on the military rpk line? Not producing dimpled recievers at all anymore?
They still make Romy AK's with dimples but since I don't know all of the different Romy AK's that are being produced for the Romanian military I can't say which ones have them and which ones don't. I know for sure that their RPK's don't have them though. The Draco (an AIMR made for the export market) has them but I don't know for sure if all of their "full size" akm's do or not.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #43
scottyhipockets

AKaholic #: 183252

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreek! View Post
What is it with the love for the dimples? People knock wasrs for not having them and say that's the reason why they would take a SAR over a wasr but those same people will praise the AES10-B RPK which also doesn't have dimples. You can't have it both ways, you can't hate the wasr for not having dimples and love the AES-10B if the dimples are the reason to not like the wasr.
That shit got blown out of proportion back in the day when SAR's were 289.00 and only retards bought WASR's. Back then neither had threads or a lug so the only visible diff was dimples, guys on AK 47.net would shit-talk WASR's and tout the (imaginary) benefits of the dimple. It was a pretty big deal.
scottyhipockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:24 PM   #44
insider
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 2882

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyhipockets View Post
That shit got blown out of proportion back in the day when SAR's were 289.00 and only retards bought WASR's. Back then neither had threads or a lug so the only visible diff was dimples, guys on AK 47.net would shit-talk WASR's and tout the (imaginary) benefits of the dimple. It was a pretty big deal.
Back when we coined the phrase What A Shitty Rifle!
Old 11-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #45
rurallife
gas operated

AKaholic #: 186131

Quote:
They still make Romy AK's with dimples but since I don't know all of the different Romy AK's that are being produced for the Romanian military I can't say which ones have them and which ones don't. I know for sure that their RPK's don't have them though. The Draco (an AIMR made for the export market) has them but I don't know for sure if all of their "full size" akm's do or not.
Maybe the RPK's have 1.6mm receivers. That's what the dimples are for, receiver warpage? Eh, just what I've read anyway.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed.
rurallife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:57 PM   #46
rurallife
gas operated

AKaholic #: 186131

2000 LNNB (no box)

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed.
rurallife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:12 PM   #47
4mula
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183879

Quote:
What is it with the love for the dimples?
Could never see the reason why peeps care about dimples in the rifle.
I could give a shit, dimples dont affect function
Old 11-20-2017, 10:52 PM   #48
230infantry

AKaholic #: 193736

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-104 View Post
The SAR 1 was sold with laminate furniture ONLY in 2003, which was their last year of production. They are nice. But, I paid $329.00 brand new for mine. I wish I had kept it, but NOT because it was an exceptional rifle. More because it was my first AK. I'd take all of that into consideration before tossing down your cash.

Personally, as much as I like the AK... I wouldn't break a grand to buy ANY of them these days, and with that said, rifles from places like Romania would be near the bottom of the totem pole in terms of getting to even that figure.
$329 is what they were going for? Bought mine for $500 at a shop in Vegas.
230infantry is offline   Reply With Quote