Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 11-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #36
Worm
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 170245

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreek! View Post
Yeah because stuff like that has never happened before. Nobody has ever staged an accident to incur a minor injury with the intent to sue a company with deep pockets for all they can get. Everyone in society is decent and honest, right?

We don't know your friend from Jack, for all we know he's a scam artist looking for a Payday.
Yup
Old 11-20-2017, 04:28 PM   #37
dan326
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 169937

I hope the next time someone posts something similar that they include detailed photo's before it get's to where this post is right now.
dan326 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:35 PM   #38
WAguns
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 183147

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan326 View Post
I hope the next time someone posts something similar that they include detailed photo's before it get's to where this post is right now.
this kid lives 30 miles from me, ill try and get some pics next time I see him. I understand you cant see much from the caveman quality video but its all I got at the moment and I wanted to share it.
WAguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:37 PM   #39
MOTOROLANUT
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 187095

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan326 View Post
Remember the infamous S&W AR upper detonation story that circles the internet forums. All pics and finger pointing towards S&W but yet no details as to ammo used, parts swapped etc. LOL
MOTOROLANUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:39 PM   #40
WAguns
Veteran Member

greek and worm, whatever guys. I don't want to argue with you. his gun blew up, it's not a conspiracy. either believe it or don't, its all good.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:51 PM   #41
dan326
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAguns View Post
this kid lives 30 miles from me, ill try and get some pics next time I see him. I understand you cant see much from the caveman quality video but its all I got at the moment and I wanted to share it.
It's all good.
Looking forward to more info like the rest and I'm betting it was a squib like others have hypothesized.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:52 PM   #42
Worm
Curio & Relic

Quote:
greek and worm, whatever guys. I don't want to argue with you. his gun blew up, it's not a conspiracy. either believe it or don't, its all good.
Wasn't really looking to argue dude. If you say he's trust worthy in that respect, well then you can wipe that off your list of possibilities. I've been around alot of attention whores and jackasses doing stupid shit in my life. Was simply stating a possibility being this guy is a complete stranger to me.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #43
Cypheros
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 171345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre5G View Post
I have noticed my barrel pin may be egging.is that an easy fix?
If you are asking this question, the answer is no. However, you should take high-quality pictures, and start a thread.

OP: We need pix of the rifle. It is extremely weird (IMO) that a pinned dust cover would fly off like that, while the magazine is completely intact. Every AK kaboom I've seen does something to the magazine (like blow out the floor-plate, if not completely blast it out of the gun).
I'm not saying this is fake, or doctored, but I'm stuck wondering what could possibly direct the force into the dust cover (with that much smoke!), while leaving the magazine completely un-touched.
Cypheros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:53 PM   #44
INFIDEL762
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 185057

Damn...glad your buddy is alright!

This is the 1st time i have ever heard about an M70ab2 with a catostrophic failure. It must have taken a significant amount of force to blow that top cover off especially with that locking pin.

OP if possible please get some detailed pictures of the rifle when you get a chance!
INFIDEL762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:30 PM   #45
blhenderson1

AKaholic #: 170872

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre5G View Post
Shit. The dust cover was under lots of pressure. And they even have a pin and reinforced trunnion to take shit tons of pressure for grenades. Wow. And it whapped him good.I have the same rifle and I have shot it lots. I have noticed my barrel pin may be egging.is that an easy fix?
Wouldn't​ a barrel pin egging out result in headspace change? Have your friend look at the barrel pin, maybe something was going on there. Just a guess.
blhenderson1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:38 PM   #46
AK47Man

AKaholic #: 5929

That must of been a squib misfire...Primer going off, no powder behind it, bullet stuck in the barrel; And the next round in the chamber exploded in the gun...
AK47Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:48 PM   #47
dan326
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47Man View Post
That must of been a squib misfire...Primer going off, no powder behind it, bullet stuck in the barrel; And the next round in the chamber exploded in the gun...
Old 11-20-2017, 06:57 PM   #48
barnbred
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 164399

You do have to love that film quality. Did they try and make it appear as if it was filmed in the 1920's?
barnbred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #49
giantpune
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 188807

They used the same model of camera that everybody happens to have when they see a UFO.
giantpune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:07 PM   #50
hoovdizzle

AKaholic #: 181475

"dude, that was fucked."

dude, that was fucked!

great reminder. ALWAYS wear eye protection.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #51
TheGreek!
ALPHA MALE

AKaholic #: 157160

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantpune View Post
They used the same model of camera that everybody happens to have when they see a UFO.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:11 PM   #52
MOTOROLANUT
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 187095

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantpune View Post
If you look close (don't blink) bigfoot is in the background...Just Kidding LMAO
MOTOROLANUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:24 PM   #53
Fire4Effect
Tap, rack, bang

AKaholic #: 181925

144p?

Cellphone from the 1990's?
Old 11-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #54
WAguns
Veteran Member

^^original video is HD slowmotion footage from an iphone. I had him send me the video via text message and it compressed the quality down to garbage.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:13 PM   #55
1biggun
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 6541

First my BS meter is on high.
This is the first shot of the video??
The odds of this being filmed are rare.

OK let's say it's real.
If it's a first shot ( don't know it is)
A couple things jump out at me.
first is it would be on a chambered round and should not likely be a out of battery kaboom. I need to see if the charge handel is forward. Non idiots look to see If the action closed when they release the charging handel.

Second the big thing I see is lots of smoke coming out everywhere but the muzzel.
So my first thought is obstructed bore since nothing came out of it. If it's a non chrome lined barrel it's possable the camber was rusted up and the bullet is pinched in the neck and high pressure is created.
I doubt it's a over load as nothing came out the front.
I have had partial case seperations and it looked nothing like that.

I don't think it's possable the case just let go and created that much pressure and the bullet did not clear the muzzel.
1biggun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:31 PM   #56
1biggun
Curio & Relic

Why is the video not slow motion at the very end and not blurry??
The rest is so bad you can't even tell if it's a real rifle and barely tell it's AK looking .
At any rate I noted no recoil of any kind , meaning no bullet movment.

Your calling this a catastrophic failure but with no better pics that's not a accurate description.
Catastrophic is were the gun comes apart with things like broken lugs destroyed barrels thinks broken beyond repair.
Also a lot of smoke ?????
Not the kind you see from smokeless gun powder.

When I had a case seperations from a overload there was some light smoke but nothing like that. Yes my cover came off but it was not a m70 type.
I suspect the m70 is not explosion poof.
The latch is to keep it on when launching gernades.

With out more pictures of the gun the only thing we know is nothing came out of the muzzel and a lot of funny white smoke going up and not down or out.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:34 PM   #57
1biggun
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47Man View Post
Maybe . Yet no video of that? Lots of smoke.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:49 PM   #58
Worm
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
Why is the video not slow motion at the very end
I own an iPhone and that's what the slow motion feature does. It ends at normal speed.

Typically when an iPhone sends a video to a non-iPhone, the footage turns to shit, which is what I'm assuming happened in this case. Typically not this shitty, but I'm not surprised.

Almost looks like someone put a firework in the receiver with the top cover not latched down. Of course, we're told the person being filmed wouldn't do such a thing though, so. To be honest I have no idea what would cause this if it's not bs.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:53 PM   #59
expendable47

AKaholic #: 1495

Op...you better hurry and cough up the pics or hd video because there are scary mofos on here with no life that will dissects everything posted. For example, they can find out where one lives,work, eat for breakfast,who got herpes, who fkuc the teacher 20 yrs ago. etc, etc.
Oh yeah also lots of fools on here owned AB2, so you done stirred the hornet's nest.
expendable47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:56 PM   #60
Laufer

AKaholic #: 188070

Chairman Meow:
When I heard that some AMD-65s are Not built by Century, it seemed like a good idea to buy two of these TGI versions.

These have matching Hungarian parts: dust cover/receiver/bolt carrier/bolt.

Last edited by Laufer; 11-21-2017 at 12:45 AM.
Laufer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:58 PM   #61
WAguns
Veteran Member

IPhone slomo is adjustable. that's why the video isn't in 100% slomo. funny how I post about a rifle that blows up and people think it's all a big fake news hoax out to fool everyone and benefit me somehow....lol I guess that's pretty normal for the internet
Old 11-20-2017, 09:12 PM   #62
1biggun
Curio & Relic

Quote:
IPhone slomo is adjustable. that's why the video isn't in 100% slomo. funny how I post about a rifle that blows up and people think it's all a big fake news hoax out to fool everyone and benefit me somehow....lol I guess that's pretty normal for the internet
So why slow mo the important part so no one can see any details like is the carrier forward or if it's a real rifle and then speed up the aftermath ??

Post the thing unedited so it can be seen clearly. There's maybe 20 seconds of footage there why the need to slow up part of it??

Are you saying the speeds were adjusted while filming????????

Your the one asking for guys to evaluate it. Your getting told what we think or suspect.

A blurry shot of whit smoke and what appears to be a AK with the cover coming off. No smoke out the barrel then clear pics of the ground .

Why no footage prior to it being shot.
are we to believe the phone got turned on just for this one shot??

Nobody took pics of the gun and cover after they determined he wasent hurt bad?? I would have.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #63
WAguns
Veteran Member

Quote:
So why slow mo the important part so no one can see any details like is the carrier forward or if it's a real rifle and then speed up the aftermath ??

Post the thing unedited so it can be seen clearly. There's maybe 20 seconds of footage there why the need to slow up part of it??

Are you saying the speeds were adjusted while filming????????

Your the one asking for guys to evaluate it. Your getting told what we think or suspect.

A blurry shot of whit smoke and what appears to be a AK with the cover coming off. No smoke out the barrel then clear pics of the ground .

Why no footage prior to it being shot.
are we to believe the phone got turned on just for this one shot??

Nobody took pics of the gun and cover after they determined he wasent hurt bad?? I would have.
You do not understand how shitty iphones work. The video is unedited and original is actually in HD, but when he sent it to me via text message it got compressed into terrible quality. I grew up with this guy but he lives about 30 miles away from me currently, I don't see him everyday. I cant just walk next door and get pics. should be able to get them in the next couple days. I was not there and he felt no need to take pics at the time, it was a well used rifle that had multiple owners and he wasn't seriously hurt.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:45 PM   #64
1biggun
Curio & Relic

So he thought it was fitting to have someone video one shot of a well used rifle and then didn't feel any details of the events after we're worthy of a pic or two???

Understand what your claming he caught on camera is so rare in this country with ammo we know is not spiked it is akin to cathing big foot on camera.

Seriously. Drive those 30 miles get the footage and take some of the gun.
Is the bolt still intact? Is the face cut from hot gasses. Is there lugs on the trunion ? What's in the barrel?
Is there a case left to examine???

I'm not calling you a lier but there are about a zillion unanswered questions in a event your claming to have video of.

High use ???? Not really so much.

I personaly want to know if the carrier went back if so was it lug failure? With no gas going down the barrel if it went vack then something broke becuase gas needs to reach a port to unlock it.

What kind of ammo.

Understand this is a very very rare occurance.
Seriously drive there take pictures or guys will just call BS here.

A multiple used hand loaded case can have a seperation also and even new ammo has been known to fail .

I personaly want to know if the barrel is obstructed.
if the gun is damaged is it for sale I'd like to see it
Old 11-20-2017, 10:05 PM   #65
expendable47

AKaholic #: 1495

Quote:
So he thought it was fitting to have someone video one shot of a well used rifle and then didn't feel any details of the events after we're worthy of a pic or two???

Understand what your claming he caught on camera is so rare in this country with ammo we know is not spiked it is akin to cathing big foot on camera.

Seriously. Drive those 30 miles get the footage and take some of the gun.
Is the bolt still intact? Is the face cut from hot gasses. Is there lugs on the trunion ? What's in the barrel?
Is there a case left to examine???

I'm not calling you a lier but there are about a zillion unanswered questions in a event your claming to have video of.

High use ???? Not really so much.

I personaly want to know if the carrier went back if so was it lug failure? With no gas going down the barrel if it went vack then something broke becuase gas needs to reach a port to unlock it.

What kind of ammo.

Understand this is a very very rare occurance.
Seriously drive there take pictures or guys will just call BS here.

A multiple used hand loaded case can have a seperation also and even new ammo has been known to fail .

I personaly want to know if the barrel is obstructed.
if the gun is damaged is it for sale I'd like to see it
Op...He's callin' you out dawg!
expendable47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:19 PM   #66
TheGreek!
ALPHA MALE

AKaholic #: 157160

Quote:
You do not understand how shitty iphones work. The video is unedited and original is actually in HD, but when he sent it to me via text message it got compressed into terrible quality. I grew up with this guy but he lives about 30 miles away from me currently, I don't see him everyday. I cant just walk next door and get pics. should be able to get them in the next couple days. I was not there and he felt no need to take pics at the time, it was a well used rifle that had multiple owners and he wasn't seriously hurt.
Can he send you the video in an email or will it compress the video into crap quality like it does when it's sent to a non-Iphone?

Last edited by TheGreek!; 11-20-2017 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Spelling error
TheGreek! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:24 PM   #67
1biggun
Curio & Relic

Running the video back and forth repeatedly. It looks like the carrier. The light colored area on top of the reciever never moves.
The dust cover comes off at the front not the back indicating to me IMO gasses blew it up at the front by the breach and not from a carrier flying back unchecked by lugs.
At this point aside from the cover coming of we don't know if the gun is even broken. .

If better pictures prove differant I'll be ok being wrong.

I'd be very very interested in seeing pics of the rest of the gun.
I can't see anything else besides the cover leaving the gun.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:39 PM   #68
Lane_H
Errmahgerd!

AKaholic #: 182543

^^ yeah

there are lots of people with 5k+ rounds through their century ab2 rifles (myself) included that want to know more details.

odd that the top cover flew off like that
- was the rear cover lock pin still in place on the recoil rod when the shot was fired?

from the very limited info, i am guessing squib lodged in bbl or blocked muzzle device.

--
not on my ab2 (but on a build rifle) I've had a bbl pin fitment issue and didn't notice it til at the range test firing

(the original slot on the bbl didn't match the trunnion)

before i knew better to weld up the old slot or drill oversize i reamed the bbl pin for the oe pin size & I should've went over sized- because the headspace didn't line up perfectly,

but I didn't and the bbl walked enough that it would swallow a No-Go gauge**
- Luckily I was checking it closely every few rounds & it didn't blow up..

it likely would have swallowed a field gauge on those last couple rounds fired though
- idk that's just based on opinion
, but the loose headspace was causing a lot of chamber pressure and gas in the face-

So there possibly may've been *warning signs* before this happened in the case of the OP, IF loose HS was the issue*

also on one build I had a bolt closing/carrier hang-up issue that would leave the round chambered and bolt partially open..

& just for "testing" I strapped the rifle to the bench and test fired a couple rounds just to see what *out of battery firing* would do

- and aside from some bulged Tulammo cases nothing happened out of the 5 or 7 rounds fired with the carrier handle about 3/8" from the trunnion.

--
Thankfully your friend is OK & as said ^ please get more pics and info

Arguing with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20
Lane_H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:01 PM   #69
Maxxsmart

AKaholic #: 193820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypheros View Post
If you are asking this question, the answer is no. However, you should take high-quality pictures, and start a thread.

OP: We need pix of the rifle. It is extremely weird (IMO) that a pinned dust cover would fly off like that, while the magazine is completely intact. Every AK kaboom I've seen does something to the magazine (like blow out the floor-plate, if not completely blast it out of the gun).
I'm not saying this is fake, or doctored, but I'm stuck wondering what could possibly direct the force into the dust cover (with that much smoke!), while leaving the magazine completely un-touched.

Technically, the cover is not pinned, the recoil spring assembly is. I could see an “explosion” at the trunnion blowing the cover up and back, and peeling the cover off of the recoil assembly button. That said, this is some suspicious shit for sure.

I also agree, damage to the mag, or lack there of is odd here.
Maxxsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:21 PM   #70
scottyhipockets

AKaholic #: 183252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxsmart View Post
Technically, the cover is not pinned, the recoil spring assembly is. I could see an “explosion” at the trunnion blowing the cover up and back, and peeling the cover off of the recoil assembly button. That said, this is some suspicious shit for sure.

I also agree, damage to the mag, or lack there of is odd here.
Nailed it. Recoil assembly is pinned so that the cover does not pop off during extreme recoil, this "pin" would do nothing to keep the receiver cover on during a case head separation or any type of sabotage/retard YouTube idiocracy.
scottyhipockets is offline   Reply With Quote