Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 11-24-2017, 05:52 PM   #1
Pipehawk

AKaholic #: 194680
Default Any x39 laser *training* cartridges that don't suck?

Been looking around for a 7.62x39 laser training cartridge (NOT a bore sighter) that has a good reputation. Checked LaserLyte and they only make rifle cartridges in .223 (*tips hat to team Stoner*).
And the only actual laser training carts in x39 that I could find are made by some company called G Sight, which sells them in the 30 buck range (Read: Crap town price range)

TL;DR: Can someone point me in the direction of a quality x39 Laser Training Cartridge? Do they even exist?
Pipehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 07:41 PM   #2
flakman

AKaholic #: 190767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipehawk View Post
Been looking around for a 7.62x39 laser training cartridge (NOT a bore sighter) that has a good reputation. Checked LaserLyte and they only make rifle cartridges in .223 (*tips hat to team Stoner*).
And the only actual laser training carts in x39 that I could find are made by some company called G Sight, which sells them in the 30 buck range (Read: Crap town price range)

TL;DR: Can someone point me in the direction of a quality x39 Laser Training Cartridge? Do they even exist?
Why don't you practice with real stuff? its not that expensive
flakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:18 PM   #3
Pipehawk

AKaholic #: 194680

Quote:
Originally Posted by flakman View Post
Why don't you practice with real stuff? its not that expensive
I'm thinking more along the lines of augmenting daily dry fire practice. I don't need to tell you how expensive that could get lol. Plus it'd kinda noisy too
Pipehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:37 PM   #4
giantpune
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 188807

I have one of the surestrike 9mm kits. They have adapters to make it work in different calibers. I reckon they had a bad batch of the .308 caliber adapters cause the one I got was unusable. I returned it and 3D printed my own adapter for a few cents and a couple hours worth of time. It works, but not well enough to practice 50yd shots outside in the sun. Its just not bright enough. It does work very well indoors. So I guess if you have a long house you could setup a target at the end of your hallway. You have to yank your charging handle between shots, too, which would probably get annoying if you were laying down all proned out and looking through your scope.
giantpune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:11 PM   #5
flakman

AKaholic #: 190767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipehawk View Post
I'm thinking more along the lines of augmenting daily dry fire practice. I don't need to tell you how expensive that could get lol. Plus it'd kinda noisy too
I understand, just I actually haven't heard anybody doing that. But if you can find it, it would be great
flakman is offline   Reply With Quote